The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Wow, those colors look really natural! Not that I can really differentiate between red, green and brown... you could probably slip me red grass and I´d still say it looks good. But it has a proper feel too it.
Like a R3E Track , they make the best track textures ,
Really impressive textures and perfect lighting :D

Looks smooth :)
Pack would be nice, but i think it's too early to think about pack, when both models are not completed yet..
AKV31f0.jpg

y6c1L4u.jpg

Congrats on the early release man! Looking gooood! It's pretty classic you put it on steel rims for now, looks like every second E30 I see on the streets here.

I guess it's time I build a tire for this rim and 'pimp' the touring a bit :)

Congrats on the early release man! Looking gooood! It's pretty classic you put it on steel rims for now, looks like every second E30 I see on the streets here.

I guess it's time I build a tire for this rim and 'pimp' the touring a bit :)

Car looks crazy accurate ,
One thing that stands out to me owning one of these , well 2 ,
But the line from the front to the rear ,
Thats starts top of the front light and finishes top of the rear light ,
The line is really nice ,

But I personally think the shamfer is too wide ,

Just the top line on the shamfer , instead of 10mm for example , which gives the deeper look on the shadow ,
change it to 50% smaller so the line is sharper with not as much smoothing showing ,

Will change the look of the car :)
Just my opinion dont send the Lynch mob after me please ...

Show me the wireframe ill show you what I mean

You're right for the most part it is incredibly accurate especially roofline, windows, sidewalls, wheel wells really very nicely done! Proportions are spot on!

Some other things I noticed (I'm on my 4th or 5th E30 now so can't help it when I see one in 3D):

1) Mirror is actually square so bottom line is correct only there's a second one sloping from mirror casing down to the 'triangle'.

2) As charging car mentioned the line flow is perfect only the indent is a bit thick. Crease on a articsilver touring:

3) The standard E30 tourings don't have a crease there, only last edition tourings had a plastic strip above the sill

4) The width of the bumper and the rear apron at that point is actually equal so it should be more or less gapless. Check here with bumper not installed:

5) The rear apron has only minimal angle inward on the sidewalls, again see above picture.

Yeah E30 drivers are crazy me included. Thanks for your work and I can't even imagine what 1.0 will be like :). You really nailed the shape and proportion - hat's off!

You're right for the most part it is incredibly accurate especially roofline, windows, sidewalls, wheel wells really very nicely done! Proportions are spot on!

Some other things I noticed (I'm on my 4th or 5th E30 now so can't help it when I see one in 3D):

1) Mirror is actually square so bottom line is correct only there's a second one sloping from mirror casing down to the 'triangle'.

2) As charging car mentioned the line flow is perfect only the indent is a bit thick. Crease on a articsilver touring:

3) The standard E30 tourings don't have a crease there, only last edition tourings had a plastic strip above the sill

4) The width of the bumper and the rear apron at that point is actually equal so it should be more or less gapless. Check here with bumper not installed:

5) The rear apron has only minimal angle inward on the sidewalls, again see above picture.

Yeah E30 drivers are crazy me included. Thanks for your work and I can't even imagine what 1.0 will be like :). You really nailed the shape and proportion - hat's off!
Line looks correct ,
But say there is maybe 4-5 lines on this shamfer ,
the very top line , Id just move downwards a couple of mm ,
change nothing except this one line , in which just make it tighter ,
so the shading is sharper , but like I say , Just my opinion ,
Ingame dont look as bad to be honest , Maybe just max shading , But i only work in clay view :)

Thanks, only one thing i worried about this rims is that they are will be looks too big.. i can try to mount them to see how it looks..

there closer one looks thick enough..

on model sill not plastic too

about bumpers and mirrors i will check them in 3d, thanks.

Progress..
Sand textures still in testing WIP phase. Not sure why lights were on. Don't remember turning them on.
Hmm, it's a bit funny way to compare them but whatever.
z5as27T.jpg

Did HSV decomposition, dropped the hue cause it's kinda meaningless as a greyscale channel.
value -> dry/flat grass is too dark, shrubs are reasonable. Sand maybe a bit dark.
saturation -> sand is much less saturated, grass has a lot more variation. The groove is blue irl, which I assume is sky reflection.

Hmm, it's a bit funny way to compare them but whatever.
z5as27T.jpg

Did HSV decomposition, dropped the hue cause it's kinda meaningless as a greyscale channel.
value -> dry/flat grass is too dark, shrubs are reasonable. Sand maybe a bit dark.
saturation -> sand is much less saturated, grass has a lot more variation. The groove is blue irl, which I assume is sky reflection.
The type of grass I am looking to replicate is from the 90s not the 60s. It was much fuller and more consistent in color.

This video closer shows the type of Bridgehampton I am replicating. Starting around 4:00 they do a slow on-board lap.

And this

As for the sand yes it is a bit dark overall. It was brighter in 1.1 but some experiments to the land mask texture darkened it some.

o7 evenin` all, figured I should join in over here too. workin on a lidar data build of lime rock presently for anyone interested.. my 1st serious track build that I expect to be releasable and more importantly `worth` racing on. maybe the video conveys that, I don't know, its certainly feels like the fast frantic full on, lots of overtaking track affair I was hoping for. o7

o7 evenin` all, figured I should join in over here too. workin on a lidar data build of lime rock presently for anyone interested.. my 1st serious track build that I expect to be releasable and more importantly `worth` racing on. maybe the video conveys that, I don't know, its certainly feels like the fast frantic full on, lots of overtaking track affair I was hoping for. o7

Been lurking over on the other forum watching this progress, glad to see you show it off here!

Great news, was hoping somebody took up the task to build Lime Rock. Great progress, layout seems good to me.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.