The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

You're right, either they came in two positions, or it usually fell off, so owners had to glue it bellow lol.
I pointed this, because the only car I've seen with it in that position before was a Swedish lavender Jota that is very customized (no rear bumper, etc). But in this gallery (link) there are two other lavender and yellow models with the badge where you pointed too (and finally the elusive radio pic I've been looking before).
The only thing that seems missing on the seatbelts is the SE30 branded cushion pads, but I guess the omission was deliberate.

PS: The honeycomb detail looks great!

Last edited:
always make sure you have the cars data.acd deleted while doing heaps of testing in the non-functional data folder... and don't do like I did...
tumblr_nzexp7Efvh1stt2imo1_500.gif
Ugh.. The first time I did this, I was getting so ticked off that I actually uninstalled Assetto Corsa and reinstalled it. When I moved that particular car back into my Cars folder and experienced the same issue I may have suffered a mini-stroke. :cry: Thank God I noticed it before I put my fist through my laptop screen. :D

You're right, either they came in two positions, or it usually fell off, so owners had to glue it bellow lol.
I pointed this, because the only car I've seen with it in that position before was a Swedish lavender Jota that is very customized (no rear bumper, etc). But in this gallery (link) there are two other lavender and yellow models with the badge where you pointed too (and finally the elusive radio pic I've been looking before).
The only thing that seems missing on the seatbelts is the SE30 branded cushion pads, but I guess the omission was deliberate.

PS: The honeycomb detail looks great!

Thanks! and I was thinking about adding a pad on the harness, but I wasn't sure how they came from the factory, only read about them, got any pics on those?

Yes, those. I thought you might have skipped them if they clip too much when the driver is moving.
Looking at this pic, they might have JOTA written on the back/flip side like it's showing in this car. But on most pics, only SE30 seems visible, so I don't know if that JOTA/SE30 pad was a third party accessory.

Ugh.. The first time I did this, I was getting so ticked off that I actually uninstalled Assetto Corsa and reinstalled it. When I moved that particular car back into my Cars folder and experienced the same issue I may have suffered a mini-stroke. :cry: Thank God I noticed it before I put my fist through my laptop screen. :D
I wondered why some setting "reset" everytime I opened the AI app ingame.. finally I realised something was off when my rear wing stayed at two foils despite changing it to one in the aero.ini... then I checked if the data.acd was still there :whistling:

Yes, those. I thought you might have skipped them if they clip too much when the driver is moving.
Looking at this pic, they might have JOTA written on the back/flip side like it's showing in this car. But on most pics, only SE30 seems visible, so I don't know if that JOTA/SE30 pad was a third party accessory.

Yeah those are huge pads, looks nice but I'd have to remove them for the driver, like you say, they'll clip a lot given the size of those. Clearly a non Jota SE30, there's the stock seatbelt still on the car.

Please check the auction site on that car (link) where they sell it as a Jota, it's SE 30/150 commissioned for a former president of Lamborghini Club Italy. Could have been converted from a regular SE30 (even before being sold), so it kept the the mirror and previous seatbelts.

Really cool to see a FSAE car around. IIRC In the official forum there were at least two projects like this one, but they ended up dead even before that space was closed.

OT: I recognize that "I'm not a cop" from Hot Rod!

First slick textures, maybe a bit too grain-y, might tone it down. Quite like it overall though.

Nice!
Grain looks a little large in scale, even in relation for that small of tire. I don't think sidewalls should be quite that shiny. As the grain transitions onto the sidewall, there's usually a little blueing on fresh tires, a subtle color shift from the temps.

Nice!
Grain looks a little large in scale, even in relation for that small of tire. I don't think sidewalls should be quite that shiny. As the grain transitions onto the sidewall, there's usually a little blueing on fresh tires, a subtle color shift from the temps.
Cheers for the feedback!
Regarding the grain, when you say scale do you mean 'amplitude' of the bumps, or just overall scale of the texture?
And yeah, the transition is very sharp, not sure what I can do about that given its two separate materials - might look into the alpha channels and see what I can do.

And here is the real tyre, you can see the sidewall is clearly more shiny than the tread which is why I went with two materials.
Also, what do you mean by blueing?

kBq6SDX.jpg

TGea2IBh.jpg

Cheers for the feedback!
Regarding the grain, when you say scale do you mean 'amplitude' of the bumps, or just overall scale of the texture?
And yeah, the transition is very sharp, not sure what I can do about that given its two separate materials - might look into the alpha channels and see what I can do.

And here is the real tyre, you can see the sidewall is clearly more shiny than the tread which is why I went with two materials.
Also, what do you mean by blueing?

kBq6SDX.jpg

TGea2IBh.jpg
that looks really good actually, but won't it be possible to do with a single MultiMap Shader? That way the transition between shiny and dull is probably smoother.

Formula Student is really a mixed bag in my opinion, I love the idea behind it, but in my experience you either have a low level team that never even gets its car finished in time, or arrives at the competition only to find it not starting for whatever stupid reason, or you end up in one of the top teams and all you are allowed to do a season is a task like "weight optimisation of the wheel studs". I was involved with the low level type... my idea of torque vectoring solely based on steering angle was not good enough, we'd need at least another gsensor and slip sensor and gps in it as well - surprise it never got to work at all -_- Also the whole marketing and presentation aspect....

that looks really good actually, but won't it be possible to do with a single MultiMap Shader? That way the transition between shiny and dull is probably smoother.

Formula Student is really a mixed bag in my opinion, I love the idea behind it, but in my experience you either have a low level team that never even gets its car finished in time, or arrives at the competition only to find it not starting for whatever stupid reason, or you end up in one of the top teams and all you are allowed to do a season is a task like "weight optimisation of the wheel studs". I was involved with the low level type... my idea of torque vectoring solely based on steering angle was not good enough, we'd need at least another gsensor and slip sensor and gps in it as well - surprise it never got to work at all -_- Also the whole marketing and presentation aspect....

Yeah good point, I may try a mutltimap shader and use an RGB map :thumbsup:

And regrading Formula Student, I didn't really know anything about it before this project.

The team I'm working with have had some good results (Australasia), started in 2014, finished 3rd overall in 2015, and the 2016 car winning the skidpan test (but fairing worse overall, having not scored in the endurance and efficiency tests (think it stopped before the finish due to temps, which I think invalidates both).

The 2016 car seems to use the same chassis as the 2015, but uses 4 electric motors instead of the 450cc Husqvarna engine used previously. I'm modelling the electric one, trying to making use of the ERS systems in AC.

Right now I have most of the physics stuff done, just waiting on more info on the motors. Its great to have such comprehensive data, making building the suspension physics super easy!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%