S14 - General Discussion

I seen update to tires etc maybe have a affect on setups and lap times etc.
I'm happy either way update or not just clear to start with saves people having to reinstall previous builds etc.

I haven't installed the new build myself yet or on the server's, I think it would be better to wait until after the practise race, we'll see how many have already updated and if we are forced to update then we may.

I still have the old build installed, but I have the new one installed in a separate folder. Just trying it out now with the FR35 at Interlagos, and there's not really any surprises. My setup still works like it did before, doing more or less the same times and acting pretty much the same. Maybe a more sensitive driver can detect other changes, but I can't.

It may be that for us there are no physics changes though, and we'd just get bugfixes. Some of the physics updates ISI do necessitate mod updates to take advantage of them, and the FR35 hasn't been updated.

One little issue I had was while looking through upgrade packages and skins on the new UI I had to press enter to hide the interface and bring it back again to make the 'back' button show up (it's in the bottom left). Pretty minor, but good to know before you ctrl+alt+del out like I almost did :p

Playsible
I still have the old build installed, but I have the new one installed in a separate folder. Just trying it out now with the FR35 at Interlagos, and there's not really any surprises. My setup still works like it did before, doing more or less the same times and acting pretty much the same. Maybe a more sensitive driver can detect other changes, but I can't.

It may be that for us there are no physics changes though, and we'd just get bugfixes. Some of the physics updates ISI do necessitate mod updates to take advantage of them, and the FR35 hasn't been updated.

One little issue I had was while looking through upgrade packages and skins on the new UI I had to press enter to hide the interface and bring it back again to make the 'back' button show up (it's in the bottom left). Pretty minor, but good to know before you ctrl+alt+del out like I almost did :p

What needs to be done to run both old and new in parallell?

Should be OK to use update going by what you guys saying, David probably won't be able to update servers etc until later tonight anyway.
Think though best if we decide on what to do best for league races, say if update comes out within week before race We wait till after race etc or something like that.

I see no problems with the update also. But i hate that they changed the lobby so much. Its like a complete other game. Took me a while to find where to adjust some setups :) Guess its just a bit of complaining from my part, and once use to it, it will be better than last version :thumbsup:

Interesting that they updated the HUD. I guess Edu's HUD was too good for ISI! (Has now been removed) :D

I'm interested to see what the new one is like compared to his! :)

I don't like the extra klicks you have to do for some stuff in the garage now, which is also why I didn't use the minimalist UI prior to that. Also a lot of the text is now smaller, some of the text in the garage like the setup-names are tiny now.
Looks wise you can call it more modern or better now, but since I don't want to go on a date with the UI but simply just quickly navigate some stuff I could have done without that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.