S14 - General Discussion

I feel the ASR ffb better than i feel the DW12 on my Wheel. ASR is much tougher to control to be consistant, is requires very smooth driving, you got to go out and just trying to follow the racing line without trying to be fast, lap after lap you should improve lap times up to a point that you start being confident enough to try push a little more. But still i think the car setup is :poop: compare to DW12. Not enough parameters.

Where did you guys had a run? Which circuit? Would be intersting to see Dino's setup if it compares to mine. Here are my DW12 setup for Sao Paulo (1:14:9), and ASR setup for Malaysia (1:39:8)

EDIT: DW12 setup is good for 1:16:2xx. 1:14:9 was with ASR car. Sorry for that mistake.

Steeve

Attachments

• DW12 sao paulo Q3.svm
    4 KB · Views: 227
  • 1,81 sepang_Q.svm
    4 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Here's my first impressions and thoughts so far......

DW12 Indycar - I don't like it at all, there's not even one thing I can pick that I don't like the most but the sound I hate, the droning sound of 1st and 2nd gear really annoyed my ear's. The feel of them got a bit better using Dino's setup but still they felt like driving a boat with less downforce than said boat, the look also isn't for me, when behind someone it doesn't look much like an openwheeler to me.

ASR F1 - I liked it right away, it felt like driving an F1 car again, the sound was spectacular to me and really made the experience so much more real, the look of the cars is also something I really like, I love watching reruns of old races from that era.

Renault 3.5 - I really like them and having put a bit of time in with them now I enjoy them much more than I thought I would, I can see why some would say they struggle with low speed stuff in it but I feel thats more FFB than the car, apart from the limited strategy options with them I would choose these again for Presto.

Overall - If we are to change I would prefer ASR F1 over DW12, my main choice would be to stay with R3.5 as I feel most everyone was getting well used to them, only league numbers makes me think a change would be a good idea and maybe to ASR we'd get numbers due to it being a very popular era in F1.

Help! Realised yesterday that the ASR cars differ a lot compared to FR3.5 when it comes to mirrors! I like to have a pretty high seat position, but almost all ASR car have the mirrors mounted really low. I found one or two with better height but with wider mountings, so they disappear when my poor skull smashes into the wheel during hard braking - anyone know how to lessen the g-force movement? :)

edit: also, the car was a bit "off centre" so if I aligned the left mirror to exactly show outside centre screen, some of the right mirror still showed. Symmetric F1-cars maybe is a 21st century thing?

Last edited:
Maybe you are using a 2 seater f1 car lol

isn't the gforce in braking etc the slider ingame ?

"Car Vibration Mult1":0,
"Car Vibration Mult2":0,
"Center Mirror Horiz":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Freq1":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Freq2":0,
"Cockpit Vibration Mult1":0,

"Head Physics":0

I like to have zero movement or shaking so that the settings I change in player.plr under graphics :thumbsup:

There was a good reason for the 1.63 update. The 1.5 one was based on wrong/incomplete data and massively too fast + on older tyre-tech ect.

From the 1.63 release-topic:
You might want to consider this beauty a first true release. We got data and we've used it. It is almost a scratch built car in terms of physics. The road side has had quite a few changes, but the oval side is where you should be able to feel the biggest difference. Enjoy.
smile.png

There was a good reason for the 1.63 update

I don't enjoy that version, I don't enjoy the game right now ! Stupid delay in the wheel, lockups after lockups on always the same tracks.
David, I really don't know how you can be 1 second faster than me in sector 2 in Sao Paulo, but I just can't do this.

On my wheel I haven't got clutch pedal neither analog command anywhere to replace, so standing start is just ridiculous (a guarantee to loose 3-4 places just for the first 40 meters !
I don't wanna be in a league to be the 5th-6th best driver on the grid, 1 second a lap behind the 1st and 1 second in front of half the grid behind me, no way ! If it's to be alone, no way.

Last thing: with 50% damage that damn front wing is like a feather, ridiculously fragile ! No deformation in 2015, in a sim game such as rF2, what a shame.

For those days, every time I plug the wheel, I unplug it after few minutes ! Nothing's right, no way to compete, no way to enjoy...

Nicolas I think you should sort your wheel settings out, there's been something wrong with them since you bought the wheel, the input lag you experience isn't right and also that you use 0% FFB in logitech profiler.

Once you've sorted the wheel out then you can see how far behind or how far in front you are. Your obviously getting quite annoyed with these problems but they must be at your end and we've tried to help before, maybe we can go through some steps for you to try get your wheel working correctly :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%