S14 - General Discussion

This is effectively what it is. The rule we use is if rF2 says you finished, you get points. If rF2 says you DNF'd, then that's what we go with. But that's pretty much how rF2 works, and it's the same in Race 07.

If that's the rule, my point is that the rule makes no sense :p The simresults results also show the actual right order, which is Sean in p10 for example. The game showed the right order too in the garage I am sure. I don't think there is a need for double punishment for something happening to you in the last lap :)

@Tim McIver
I didn't know you were using multiple GPU's too. I think they are not really performing in a logical way anyway. Stuff like reflections and HDR had always issues with crossfire and SLI.

I have a strange issue on the Build 982: impossible to switch on "All cars and tracks" mod, when I click on it then on "Accept", the game switches back to the PrestoMix5.rfmod !
I haven't got this issue on the Build 946.

What about you ?

Guys, can we please use THIS FSR Version of Hockenheim? The racerfactor version really has monster curbs and a really crazy uneven race-surface imo. As a added bonus the above linked version also looks much better.

I am sure you agree with me if you do a quick test :)

Last edited:
I wasnt too taken with the idea of them replaceing run offs with grass and a few other things they changed with curbs, will have a look into it but continue to use whats on the server for the meantime.

i made some laps with the indycar at sao Paulo and Silverstone and i agree its a really cool car. Tyres management will be a huge factor in this mode as they degradate very fast if you push them hard. I found some setup that suit me much more than the default ones, here is what i used at Sao Paulo, i could run some 1:18:2 with 40L in and when i change thing for Q setup, i went down to 1:16:4.

I hope it can help some drivers get a good feel of this interesting car. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DW12 sao paulo R3.svm
    4.1 KB · Views: 240
Good idea to share your DW12 setup ! I haven't yet tried yours Steeve but I also share mine:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6qn87vfc8d6uhb/DW12163.svm?dl=0

As you can see I've made a 1.17.6 on the sever with 45L, which is almost exactly your possible target on commentary setup !
Funny fact: I switch from 9.9° caster to the minimum 4.0° for a way better feeling for me, and you run on...9.9° :p
Then we have different suspensions setting, and on that car both work well:
- soft suspensions get the car very stable on full throttle on the exit but requires to accelerate much earlier than a car with
- stiff suspensions which reacts much quicker but demands a more precise and gentle right-foot

That's what I like on that car.

I've also now driven the ASR F1 car and the new DW12 version, since I have some leage races coming up with the latter.

The new DW12 is indeed now a couple of seconds per lap slower than the previous version, you can feel immediatly less mechanical grip and a bit less downforce through fast corners.
The way the car reacts is pretty much identical now, the new tires are also reacting exactly as the previous ones were.
With the reduction in mech grip you also have much less grip-feel through force feedback then before. Even after you adjust the setup for max. mech grip, glueing the car as much to the road as you can, you still need a fairly high caster to generate some front-turn in. Very similar now to the F1 car were you are 100% forced to do this.

I'm still not the biggest fan of this car, as I always feel like I'm not really in control as soon as I push a bit and also the curbs are usually death :)
Also in the case of longer races, there is exactly one strategy possible: Drive the alternate tires with exactly the fuel amount you need; refueling happens during the tirechange and is faster than the tirechange anyway and also the Primary tires (unless you are forced to use them by the rules) are useless.

The ASR car was actually good fun, even though you can immediatly tell that you will go crazy fast around the tracks (compared to the real f1 cars from this era) as soon as there is good rubber on the track.
It was interesting how similar it felt in almost every way to the Reiza Formula Classics, which is probably not a bad thing^^
I think the setup range in these cars will be very small though. Just a small range in aero-settings on both ends and a certain clear balance in suspension ect. will be driveable imo. Everything else will either be understeery as hell or dangerous as hell :D

Haven't looked at tirechoices and stuff and if there are any strategic options.

also the curbs are usually death :)
Also in the case of longer races, there is exactly one strategy possible: Drive the alternate tires with exactly the fuel amount you need; refueling happens during the tirechange and is faster than the tirechange anyway and also the Primary tires (unless you are forced to use them by the rules) are useless.
I didn't experience some problems running on the kerbs, maybe it has something to do with car setup?? From what i tested, the alternates tyres won't last very long. So for a 60 minutes race, you will need at least 1 more pit stop if not 2 more if using the alternates instead of the primary. Maybe it can provide some different strategy and make it interesting :)

The ASR car was actually good fun, even though you can immediatly tell that you will go crazy fast around the tracks (compared to the real f1 cars from this era) as soon as there is good rubber on the track.
Is this a problem? Do we really need a car that goes exactly the same speed as reality?

It was interesting how similar it felt in almost every way to the Reiza Formula Classics, which is probably not a bad thing^^
I think the setup range in these cars will be very small though. Just a small range in aero-settings on both ends and a certain clear balance in suspension ect. will be driveable imo. Everything else will either be understeery as hell or dangerous as hell :D.
That's the part that i don't like in the ASR 92 V1.81 compare to the 1.70 where you have a lot more setups possibilities.

By the way, Congratulation for your championship Dino, very well done! Only threat you had was the first 2 races when you had badlucks with lappers hehe ;)

Is this a problem? Do we really need a car that goes exactly the same speed as reality?

I don't think it's a problem ! We don't inevitably need to stick precisely with real car's speed, we should take care about car handling and coherency, in order to make us feel like "real" drivers, and by this way, enjoy that rF 2's sim game !
Either DW12 or ASR 1992 are a very decent choice, I like both !

Speaking about driving, I've just got my first shock with my wheel: I set FFB power from 0% to 10%; and now I can really feel how changing the caster angle makes a very different car...

Edit: pfiouhh, considering FFB power (in bump and rebound), FFB minimum torque (between 0% and 8%) in controller settings, car's setup, caster angle etc it will be a mess to find the right setting in order to just be confident on the car (now I talk about the DW12), as it seems that the ASR mod is way easier..

With the DW12 I struggle a lot on Silverstone: the car is quite good on entry (a bit oversteery) and just snaps in a flash on the exit, with a bad delay for me, impossible to correct anything...:redface:

I also struggle like never in braking (again...), I can't brake enoughly late, I feel maybe too much front-roll when I crush the pedal ! :redface:
A lot of work on that car.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes