S14 - General Discussion

Off topic I know, but I don't think I will ever get to race with you again. Just tried Silverstone offline and fastest lap was 2:37. It took 12 seconds to go the full length of the Wellington straight with DRS open and full throttle. In fact I could do almost the whole lap on full throttle. It's as if either the track is almost twice as long as it should be or my car is in slow motion. It has been like this for every track on the last build and continues with the new build. My specs are:
i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Radion HD7890 OC 2GB
240GB SSD
and I run rfactor2 on the lowest settings with no effects and a limit of 4 visible cars.
It works fine for everything else. I can play any other game on high settings. I am resigned to never play this game again unless anyone knows why this is happening.

Off topic I know, but I don't think I will ever get to race with you again. Just tried Silverstone offline and fastest lap was 2:37. It took 12 seconds to go the full length of the Wellington straight with DRS open and full throttle. In fact I could do almost the whole lap on full throttle. It's as if either the track is almost twice as long as it should be or my car is in slow motion. It has been like this for every track on the last build and continues with the new build. My specs are:
i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Radion HD7890 OC 2GB
240GB SSD
and I run rfactor2 on the lowest settings with no effects and a limit of 4 visible cars.
It works fine for everything else. I can play any other game on high settings. I am resigned to never play this game again unless anyone knows why this is happening.
was it because you try to be careful and smooth through corners

The first thing I think about is to erase all files and do a brand new installation with the NEW build.After that if it still doesn't work, do a second installation, with the PREVIUOUS build, the one we use now.
Also click on "Verify Installation" button on the launcher in video Setting, it can help !

Last but not least: you're on Windows 64 bits right ? If 32 bits forget rF2.

i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Radion HD7890 OC 2GB
240GB SSD

Did you try a reinstall from scratch? Save your UserData folder to somewhere else or rename it and then uninstall the game. Do a scratch install with the lite-installer and just install the F-Renault and Silverstone.

The important thing, why I wrote to move or rename your old UserData folder is, to not use your old player.json from your UserData/player folder, but instead just let it create a new one.

You can still edit settings and stuff later on if it's fixed.

was it because you try to be careful and smooth through corners
No Ron, was blasting round but in slow motion.

The first thing I think about is to erase all files and do a brand new installation with the NEW build.After that if it still doesn't work, do a second installation, with the PREVIUOUS build, the one we use now.
Also click on "Verify Installation" button on the launcher in video Setting, it can help !

Last but not least: you're on Windows 64 bits right ? If 32 bits forget rF2.

Yes Nicolas it's 64bit and I started downloading the new version just after posting as a last resort.

Did you try a reinstall from scratch? Save your UserData folder to somewhere else or rename it and then uninstall the game. Do a scratch install with the lite-installer and just install the F-Renault and Silverstone.

The important thing, why I wrote to move or rename your old UserData folder is, to not use your old player.json from your UserData/player folder, but instead just let it create a new one.

You can still edit settings and stuff later on if it's fixed.

Have renamed all rfactor related folders and am about to do a fresh install. Will let you know how it goes after some testing.

... My specs are:
i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Radion HD7890 OC 2GB
240GB SSD

We can probably rule out PC specs here. We can compare more details if you want, but I'm running a very similar PC. Typically rF2 runs in slow motion if your PC can't process everything in time to do it at real time. But if it's not happening for me on these specs, it shouldn't be for you on yours.

8GB RAM
GTX 770
Intel i5-3350P @ 3.10GHz

Though, I realize this only raises questions. ^^;

4Go PC15000
GTX 650 Ti OC 2 Go
i5 3330 3.00Ghz

And the game runs perfectly in 1680*1050 single screen, 30 visibles cars in high or full level of details, crowd motion etc, only 4 GB but it's enough.ALT + TAB command works everytime, a real PC game like they all should be.
So your PC has a trouble somewhere, fix it quickly ! :geek:

Hi Jörn! Welcome to our forums! It is a short notice call, but if you make really sure to put a decent amount of laps in with consistent lap times at the 30 min practice server until tomorrow evening and read all the sticky threads with rules and everything, it could work out just fine. :thumbsup:

Wow this place looks a bit diffrent :)

Ahhh good to be back, Silverstone 2015 was a blast, great weather and great racing, will be on tonight for my first session since Austria, hopefully now I'll be able to get on with practising for each race more.

Thanks to Peter for keeping the place ticking over and for making the correct decision about the build :thumbsup:

See you all on track either tonight or tomorrow :)

Update:
Memtest - ok
CPUtest - ok
Furburn GPU high stress test- ok

Project Cars runs ok on full settings
Still testing, but have installed build 930 and can't find 946 anywhere so can't try server.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 109 89.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 37.7%