S14 - General Discussion

Honestly I've had enough of the FR3.5 and am not in the mood for a 3rd 3.5 league in a row (if so it will be without me I don't care).I just need another car, another sound, another physic.

Even though the FR 3.5 is still my favourite car, I'm all up a change too.
The quantity and variety of racing offerings for rF2 is so redicolously low where most of the usually great content just sits there unsused, that it is great that Presto is offering fresh stuff :)

I shortly tested the ASR F1 1992 and the DW12.

The DW12 is for me quite similar to the actual mod, except the power of the engine.

The ASR F1 1992 has much more grip, power and a craszy good sound,
but it feels more difficult to drive like the DW12 and the actual mod.

I vote for ASR F1 1992 :)

Also hoping to attract more people with the ASR F1 1992 for a full grid.
But maybe this more difficult mod to drive has the opposite effect,
and also can increase the gap between "aliens" and people like me.

Martin F.

Really looking forward to upcoming season, personally hoping for the DW12, not only because I'm a fan of Indy racing but because it is the latest tech and the CPM seems to be a substantial step forward in simulation. Next level. :)

Could we mix things up a little with ambient conditions in S15? Wet races would be fun, but even if we stick to dry races, we can mix things up a little with changing temperatures and wind speeds/directions during races. It would make adapting a bigger part of the racing.

Ok, here's my POV for the incoming season:

I see that Sarting mode is "standing and not changable", but standing start with the DW12 is really ugly, that car isn't designed for.Rolling start is the one and only which is really designed for it !

Then, I really consider useful to do a test race very quick: doesn't matter DW12 or ASR, it will be very hard to have a close and clean racing behavior.Cars are very special to drive and are wider than the FR3.5.
Also, to go back on track after a spin in the DW12 is a nightmare, the car has such a poor torque in low rev that you accelerate in a straight line rather making a 360° to recover the right way, everybody has to test it !

Considering the variety of level among us and the possible low number of players for S15, we really need to have a race test very soon in order to see what it will look like.

I won't be a part of it if I considering it's not worthy.

Last thing, circuits !

I know that David wants to follow real F1 schedule...but RaceRfactor Spa is not a good version to enjoy, we've already seen that in VWSR S4: ugly Eau Rouge, ugly Pouhon, very bad tarmac's physic, not a worthy rF2's track !

Singapore and Hungaroring, I don't dare imagine a race over there...doesn't matter the car !

And personnally, I'm really upset right now about to setup a car: it's too much for me I think: setup the wheel, the car's setup, find the right FFB torque, FFB mutliplier...In the same time, try to avoid lockups, pfiou ! And if it's not enough download Motec for again a bunch of datas...no, enough !

Could we mix things up a little with ambient conditions in S15? Wet races would be fun, but even if we stick to dry races, we can mix things up a little with changing temperatures and wind speeds/directions during races. It would make adapting a bigger part of the racing.
As soon as the rain-part gets really done and we have a car with working rain-tires and all sure, I don't think it makes that much of a sense earlier.
I am pretty sure wind speeds and directions do not have any effect atm, also track temperatures doesn't either.

I had some practise with the dw12 and Hungaroring last night and car felt pretty good, my first time trying the car. (Fyi to spin car dip the clutch Nico)

I'd be happy with either choice atm though I would tend to lean towards Indy as its isi's dome of the info for tire temps etc loomed very silly when I tried 92 mind while ago.

Only thing I noticed is 1st 2nd gears are already at lowest so not much adjustment in setup for slow speed corners and start gears. I did have a few races with AI and felt good didn't notice a problem with standing starts Nico also felt quite forgiving car and easy to get up to speed. I think I managed a 1,29 but could see a few secs off that with practise/setup changes/rubber so not far off f1 speeds. That was Max wings lowest ride heights etc just quick setup edit.

The also felt fine on Hungaroring what's the problem with this track Nico ? I know Spa eurouge was tricky and haven't tried Singapore hopefully its good, because those are 3 of my favourite tracks lol

No fsr Spa ?

We can have a practise race Hungaroring or Monza then ? Over the next few weeks

What about refueling with these cars ? Anyone know ?

What about refueling with these cars ? Anyone know ?

Your max-fueltank will give you around 35mins of driving. You can refuel normaly in the pits, but it happens fast during the tirechange.

ASR F1 has no refueling available, which I personally prefer, because you have to drive stints with different car-balance during the race and not the exact same balance multiple times.

Because of that and because I feel they are more exciting to drive I would tend towards the F1'92, even though the DW12 is certainly more true to life.

(Fyi to spin car dip the clutch Nico)
I don't have clutch pedal on my DFGT, and no analog button on it to replace.
didn't notice a problem with standing starts Nico
I think it's the same than above: without clutch, I can't launch the car away !
The also felt fine on Hungaroring what's the problem with this track Nico ?
Hungaroring is a tight track, DW12 is a wide car, but it's ok maybe I'm too afraid of that, let's see in the future as I agree with you for a test race on that racetrack !

No fsr Spa ?
I don't have it right now, but there effectively was a slightly better version of Spa somewhere, with a flawless Eau Rouge.

Right now I still prefer the DW12.

So, I really struggle like hell with ASR mod: nothing's right !

The car is too slow to react so I have to countersteer very earlier, way before to feel the sideway (on the FR3.5, I could easily feel oversteer moment and didn't have that, on DW12 also).
Dino have just helped me about car's setup, but I really think it's other where.

On my DFGT settings FFB torque minimum is on 8% (default setting), FFB car specific is always the same that always, 1.00.
I really feel like driving on ice even on full throttle on straight line, so I can't be consistent right now, it's just impossible !

What about you ?

So, I really struggle like hell with ASR mod: nothing's right !

The car is too slow to react so I have to countersteer very earlier, way before to feel the sideway (on the FR3.5, I could easily feel oversteer moment and didn't have that, on DW12 also).
Dino have just helped me about car's setup, but I really think it's other where.

On my DFGT settings FFB torque minimum is on 8% (default setting), FFB car specific is always the same that always, 1.00.
I really feel like driving on ice even on full throttle on straight line, so I can't be consistent right now, it's just impossible !

What about you ?

Have you activated your ffb in the Logitech Profiler now? This car should give you very strong ffb on straights and turns alike. I use about 0.6x car specific multiplier.
What I mean is, put the ffb strength in profiler at 100% and then adjust the car specific multipliers down on each car as you wish.

For me it's the other way around about feeling stuff with these 2 cars; the DW12 ffb is great when going quite fast. On the slow stuff it's visual cues only pretty much (with multi at about 0.9).

The slower reaction is quite normal, since these cars are not as stiff as modern open-wheelers and they need to be turned in more gradually and not so snappy.

Have you activated your ffb in the Logitech Profiler now?

Yes it's activated but on 0% because even at 10% my desk is rumbling too much when I made some corrections on the wheel.Even tonight during that 10 minutes race we had, even at 0%, those many corrections managed to unclip my wheel from the desk ! I'm serious :(

Anyway I've just tried to change FFB specific from 1.00 to 0.6 for the ASR, and it was immediately better, just like a different car (not on online server but on solo, with much more rubber, but I think your idea is very good, thanks).
I will confirmed tomorrow on the server, and also check other value for the DW12 !

Your DW12's setup has helped me a lot Dino because I can really feel the power of the car right now, again some adjustments and I should be ready to drive it for the league (if so of course), especially on braking !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%