S14 - General Discussion

I think there is an issue about that: on the server I went straight to race, ran to the pits without speed limiter, drove around 250km/h on pit lane and didn't gather any penalty.All of that with no flag rules of course ! Will it be like this tonight ?

I think there is an issue about that: on the server I went straight to race, ran to the pits without speed limiter, drove around 250km/h on pit lane and didn't gather any penalty.All of that with no flag rules of course ! Will it be like this tonight ?

This is how Presto servers were always set up this season.
We still have to abide to the rules though when it comes to pit-entry and -exit speeds.

Our self-composure in this regard did definatly not work at Sepang when I made the speeding-statistics back then in the incident topic of that race. I just jope that it did afterwards as I didn't go through all the replays there again. Also I witnessed similar stuff at practice starts with following pit-practice when some guys went way too fast in, causing near collisions.

But when taken serious, this should be no problem. Just take the pit entry and exit like you would with full penaltys on; this means a small safety margin and all that.

But I still hope we will activate the penaltys next season in this regard ;)

Hello! What speed limit line do we use while entering pits in Silverstone? Where speed limiter should be turned on?
You see the line very late, but if you somewhat remember the spot where you should start braking for it, you won't go over that line too fast. There is a small bend in the pit-entry strip which is a good indicator.

In general, you hear a horn indicating when you passed the pit-entry line. Also if you are using trackmap-plugin, you also have pit-lights wich appear in the moment you cross the line.

the pit speeds should be respected, I know weve had a few speeders into the pits myself included but nobody should be speeding in the pit lane or at exit, a small misjudgement on entry is fine as long as you try hard to be at the speed for the lights.

for silverstone i think whatever you guys decide is fine, I've not done enough practise here to give an informed opionion.

On silverstone the pit spit limit line is indeed after the first bend in the pitlane. So basically after you go through the bend just brake right down to the pit speed limit and activate the limiter. The line is quite hard to see, so I suggest just braking immediately after the bend to remove all doubt.

pitline_zpsygrvwnnu.jpg

the pit speeds should be respected, I know weve had a few speeders into the pits myself included but nobody should be speeding in the pit lane or at exit, a small misjudgement on entry is fine as long as you try hard to be at the speed for the lights.
Pit entry speeding is pretty easy to deal with if you do it by accident. In real racing you can be let off for briefly speeding after the entry line by slowing down even more, to bring your average speed in the pit lane back and undo any advantage.

Who ? what ? when ? Should I get points ? :geek:

Also are we going to use new build now for last race ?
Multiview/triples setup is awesome with new build, I'm going to try more angle like 50 to 60 degrees for side monitors

I think the scores have been done as per Presto rules. You only score points if you cross the finish line. I do agree however that it doesn't make a lot of sense for someone to have completed more race distance than another car and finish with less points than them.

Also, responding to @Dino Paolini from the incident thread...

Stupidly, I updated to the latest build before doing any laps at Hockenheim. I think my performance issues are more to do with this particular track than the build. I did a second fresh install of the new build and had the same issues. After testing changing every setting for couple of hours I finally tried turning off HDR. I know everyone says you should never do this, but I was completely at a loss. Immediately all problems solved. Triple screens (1080x5760), crossfire, smooth framerate around 200!! It doesn't look quite as good, but for this race I'll just run with it. I don't have the same problem with the ISI tracks (or any of the mod tracks we've used). If anyone else is having stuttering issues, it's worth a try.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.