S14 - General Discussion

Nicolas, what is your wheel? It should be a shock for someone to switch from gamepad to a steering wheel hehe!! ;) If you need help setting it you should post in the help thread. Already many answers can be found there.

As for cars, i prefer the wide setup range offered in the DW12 compare to the ASR92. Like Dino said, there won't be many possibilities to tweak setups in ASR92. But when i compare my DW12 setup to Nicolas.... wow it is SO much different. And it seems we can run some similar lap times. So one should be able to find a setup that fit his riding style and get enough speed with it. :thumbsup:

I didn't experience some problems running on the kerbs, maybe it has something to do with car setup?? From what i tested, the alternates tyres won't last very long. So for a 60 minutes race, you will need at least 1 more pit stop if not 2 more if using the alternates instead of the primary. Maybe it can provide some different strategy and make it interesting :)

With good rubber on the track and with default tirewear settings, the alternates should give you exactly the distance that your fueltank can give you (something like 35mins or so)

By the way, Congratulation for your championship Dino, very well done! Only threat you had was the first 2 races when you had badlucks with lappers hehe ;)
thank you :)

Speaking about driving, I've just got my first shock with my wheel: I set FFB power from 0% to 10%; and now I can really feel how changing the caster angle makes a very different car...

Edit: pfiouhh, considering FFB power (in bump and rebound), FFB minimum torque (between 0% and 8%) in controller settings, car's setup, caster angle etc it will be a mess to find the right setting in order to just be confident on the car (now I talk about the DW12), as it seems that the ASR mod is way easier..

With the DW12 I struggle a lot on Silverstone: the car is quite good on entry (a bit oversteery) and just snaps in a flash on the exit, with a bad delay for me, impossible to correct anything...:redface:

I also struggle like never in braking (again...), I can't brake enoughly late, I feel maybe too much front-roll when I crush the pedal ! :redface:
A lot of work on that car.

Did you drive without FFB before? If so then yes you will find a couple of setup-options having a big effect on ffb

The delay on exit is the delay from the turbo kicking in. First you will have very moderate power coming through, then suddenly a lot.
If you manage to always keep some throttle going through the corners, the effect won't be as severe. But yeah catching the car is much less progressive as with the F-Renault for example.

I have very similar problems with the braking :D

Did you drive without FFB before?

It was activated but like that:
upload_2015-7-19_10-28-22.png
upload_2015-7-19_10-28-22.png So some feedback were missing, clearly !

The delay on exit is the delay from the turbo kicking in. First you will have very moderate power coming through, then suddenly a lot.

I know that (it's a bi-turbo 2.2L), but I hadn't got that delay and sudden oversteer few days ago, even on Interlagos 2 days ago, it was different !

It was activated but like that:
View attachment 99515View attachment 99515 So some feedback were missing, clearly !

I know that (it's a bi-turbo 2.2L), but I hadn't got that delay and sudden oversteer few days ago, even on Interlagos 2 days ago, it was different !

Interesting, with these settings there shoudn't be any actual Force Feedback going on. Only a 10% constant centering spring. But maybe 0% isn't really 0%, who knows.

Indeed, I'm surprised you're seeing any remarkable difference. As the centering spring setting doesn't actually take anything in the physics into account. You need the Force Feedback effects above (the three sliders grouped together)

This is what I'm using at the moment.

4eLnsUr.png

That 'Overall Effects' slider is the important one in rF2 I find. And some other games seem to use 'Spring Effect' instead for some reason.

Some good info posted about the choices, I think its safe to say by the posts here and usage of the servers that our choices for season 15 will be.......

ISI Formula Renault 3.5
ISI DW12 Dallara Indycar
ASR F1 1992

When the season is done we will have a test race with both the DW12 and ASR mods and see how it goes, preferrably the choice will be made in the next few weeks to leave us time to practise before s15.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%