S14 - General Discussion

Don't you think that it would be more clear and would cause less
not at the moment Dino, we are still unsure if the problem is build or server, gijs has very kindly offered to have a look at our server, if it turns out it is a build problem then we will change build asap, until we find out for deffo theres no point as the same may happen with 910.

I've seen since a few day's Build 940 been tested by the ISI test team. So they are working hard on multiplayer issues.

But build 910 worked for you guys! So IMO: don't trow away that build yet! Some leagues reverted back or stayed with build 910.

So I think it's best for all of you to have 2 installs.
- 1 you know is working. (Your official league install.)
- and 1 with the newest build. For testing and to do club races at RD. :D

So you can do practice/test races in the newest build, discuss issues and fixes. And have a clear :thumbsup: to go with the new build or switch back to the last known working situation at any moment!

Once the newest build has been proven stable. You can update your official league installs.

IMO: This is a save methode to run a league.

I have now tried to set up backup-versions of all servers. If any of you guys could please try the two race servers out (new and old builds) and maybe run a lap or two with some AIs, it would be appreciated :)

Guys,
With all the recent tech issues in the sim (here and elsewhere) and the various frustrations, I have a) not done a 910 install, and b) not prepared adequately for this race.
With apologies I will not attend.
I hope its a great race and Ill see you soon as multiplayer is stable in the next build?

Unfortunately I can not attend tonight's race in Malaysia Mr. flu has struck and my PB's is now on the temperature scale
Good luck everyone hope everything works and you will have a good race

I have pulled something in my shoulder the other day. I will be there but I am just letting you know that I might not be able to do a full race distance as I tryed last night to do some practice for the first time here but I struggled to counter the twitches from the car. Is there a way that if I choose to start from the pits I can? Or do I have to not qualify to start at the back?

I'm not sure, Richard. I think it's possible to start from the pit lane by clicking 'drive' once the start lights have turned on, as that's how it worked in rF1. But it'd probably be safer to just not qualify, just in case it locks you out.

I wanted to ask about something before I forget that stuff again:

Can we have some agreement on not using refueling during the season? Otherwise we would theoreticaly end up all doing just 2 or 3 completly identical stints in all the races eliminating a very interesting factor out of the races, which is the changing balance of the car during a long race.
Combining that with the already discussed bugginess in the case of this particular car, this is a rather logical thing to do imo.
Are others thinking that too?

I personally thought that we all were not refuelling and that it had been sorted ages ago.
But I would like conformation too and I prefer not to refuel for the reasons above about the changing balance.

Dino is quite right, we have several times recommended against refueling but it has always included a 'refuel at own risk' clause. I think we should just ban it straight out. With things so tight at the front, taking the risk could decide a race. I think we should forgive anyone who has to refuel in the last 5 laps of the race though...

I say we consider it banned unless someone wants to make a strong case in this thread in the next day or so. Did anyone refuel today?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.