S14 - General Discussion

In my opinion, the "fuel at your own risk" does not go well with the fact that the car is not built to be refueled IRL, correct me if Im wrong. But also the fact that the game is buggy makes it not fair play to "exploit" that.

I don't understand that fuel talk ! I did made a pit stop, my race was split into two stints, about 50L in each.With my hard tire management I must divide my race in to parts (above all with the X2 tire wear).So just because I stop at half distance for change the tires, I start the race with half the total fuel, and schedule a pit stop for refuel !

What's wrong with that ? It's a mix of strategy !

We don;t think you did anything wrong Nicolas. The discussion is about future races and where we want refueling. The reason I didn't do the same as you is that if you do need to come in for repairs or for an extra tire stop there is no way to adjust the fuel intake. You could easily end up fillling the fuel tank every time you come in.

I tend to agree with Dino that forcing people to drive a car that changes balance throughout the race is a much better idea than 2 or 3 identical stints.

There's also a bug with the refueling where it can go wrong, and you end up stuck in the pitlane indefinitely. That was the main reason we were so concerned about people refueling in the first place; potential DNFs. Hence we didn't want it to be an element of the racing.

I may have already found a problem with the new rF2 build. We manage RFCMPs and RFMODs from a package manager build directly into the launcher instead of being separate now, but I don't see anywhere where the requirements are for an RFMOD. So unless I'm missing something, anyone who wants to try the Presto car/track combo on 946 has to remember what you need for the RFMOD.

yep i see what you mean, not a huge problem though, i can add the rest of the downloads to server details on the website.

i like the feature of being able to download skins but not virtual rides so i've turned skin transfer on on the build946 server, i was on earlier and it ran very smoothly with 15 ai on, looked much more natural colours and lighting, smooth as silk too seems like a fps boost.

I have tested the new build on other server, some guys who could not race the 930 cos a spiking issues are now ok. Everything went well, as 1st it seems like they fix some problems. In a few days we should know if its safer than the 930. So far i think so.

Can it be that they made their job well this time??? :unsure:

I have tested the new build on other server, some guys who could not race the 930 cos a spiking issues are now ok. Everything went well, as 1st it seems like they fix some problems. In a few days we should know if its safer than the 930. So far i think so.

Can it be that they made their job well this time??? :unsure:

Do you know what kind of spiking they had experienced and in what cases? Would be interesting if we try 930 again with a 25-30 players.

I've read Gijs' posts carefully - to actually overwrite all 910 installs may be a hasty decision. We may still need a swift switch back to 910.

When I check the full changelog for build 946, I don't see any important new fix or feature for us except the possibility to shut off virtual rides of course. FPS boost for multiview with HDR and some changes in color tones seems to be some small candy considering the situation?

Bare in mind though what has happened before. Less than two weeks to race now - is that enough? Even Gijs didn't know about the virtual rides problem when he was the one actually uploading one at our 930 test race which may (or may not) have crashed it.

I may be called conservative, but ISI is - and apparently has a history of - not doing a thorough test job on its releases, creating new buggy features.

Do you know what kind of spiking they had experienced and in what cases? Would be interesting if we try 930 again with a 25-30 players.
I'm talking about this problem : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23794-Build-930-CPU-bar-maxed-out

In legends-league, some 3 or 4 driver had this problem, so bad that they retired from the season until a new build (with this problem fix) will release. Yesterday these guys were ON and they said problem was fix. :thumbsup:

Here is some talking about it : http://legends-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9733

Steeve

Very interesting threads Steeve, also covering other aspects for me and Dave on server-side it seems after a short read.

From what I saw now, it seems the CPU-spiking only affects a small amount of players mostly with older systems - do we have any runners affected by this? If so the first thing to try is a parameter in launcher "+procmask=3".

the biggest change for us as a league is that the cpu spikes are fixes, people who signed out due to it may be able to come back now, regards server we will leave it for a few days see if any major bugs pop up, if not then i see no reason to hang on with a bugged build 930, if that was the case whats the diffrence with hanging onto a bugged build 946?

we'll see what happens but 946 is looking very good for us at the moment :thumbsup:

EDIT: the procmask is not needed anymore peter it says so in the changelog, also i had to remove the command from the server as it lagged the whole thing out, everythign is fine once its removed as a command, procmask is only for build930.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back