S14 - General Discussion

the biggest change for us as a league is that the cpu spikes are fixes, people who signed out due to it may be able to come back now, regards server we will leave it for a few days see if any major bugs pop up, if not then i see no reason to hang on with a bugged build 930, if that was the case whats the diffrence with hanging onto a bugged build 946?

we'll see what happens but 946 is looking very good for us at the moment :thumbsup:

EDIT: the procmask is not needed anymore peter it says so in the changelog, also i had to remove the command from the server as it lagged the whole thing out, everythign is fine once its removed as a command, procmask is only for build930.

The purpose David, as with all management of new releases in server environments, is that you always know the current build better. You rarely move over to any new build if there is an older to solve current problems. Lets hope for some good info from Gijs or others - to just look for major bugs at our server will not suffice I'm afraid. So I do see reasons to wait. These sort of things is what I do for work beside studies ;)

Yes, the procmask is for 930, since that would apply in the case we stick to 930. Maybe those that are affected already have tried without luck and have left the league?

Since we managed to run a 930 race, there should be really good reasons to update before China.

we do know the currant build better :) its bugged, badly, cpu spikes for people as much so as they had to pull out, it also has problems with virtual rides, and theres the problem of running 25-30 people.

remembering that we actually never had anymore than 22 on a build910 server, the 910 was a backup to test incase we couldnt use 930, whos to say it wouldve worked with 25-30, we dont know so 910 was as much an unknown as 930 in that regard.

now we have a choice, 930 worked for us with upto 19 people, we ironed out problems with virtual rides, done all the procmasks and priorites, had gijs look into and was happy to give it a clean bill of health, now we have another test bed in 946, is there a diffrence with using 946 to test rather than an unknown of 910?

this will be an ongoing thing with rf2 and we cant have more than 2 builds at any one time thats just too much, right now id like to use 946 as our build and have 930 as backup and do the same each time.

what does everyone think, we need more than me and peter talking about it, its you guys who will have to keep track of the builds on your own pcs.

we do know the currant build better :) its bugged, badly, cpu spikes for people as much so as they had to pull out, it also has problems with virtual rides, and theres the problem of running 25-30 people.

remembering that we actually never had anymore than 22 on a build910 server, the 910 was a backup to test incase we couldnt use 930, whos to say it wouldve worked with 25-30, we dont know so 910 was as much an unknown as 930 in that regard.

now we have a choice, 930 worked for us with upto 19 people, we ironed out problems with virtual rides, done all the procmasks and priorites, had gijs look into and was happy to give it a clean bill of health, now we have another test bed in 946, is there a diffrence with using 946 to test rather than an unknown of 910?

this will be an ongoing thing with rf2 and we cant have more than 2 builds at any one time thats just too much, right now id like to use 946 as our build and have 930 as backup and do the same each time.

what does everyone think, we need more than me and peter talking about it, its you guys who will have to keep track of the builds on your own pcs.

Hehe... define "know"...

- The fact that several leagues pulled back to 910 seemed at least to me as a solution to run 25-30 ppl?
- About the spikes, what difference will it "be able" make with such short notice for those that have pulled out (how many are the affected?) if we change before China?
- Were the spikes in 910 also?

I would of course like to have all three builds ;) but I'd say 910 has a more stable reputation than 930 (minus flat spot vibration-feature, woho), hence we should keep 910 as backup and update 930 to latest instead of the other way around.

- Were the spikes in 910 also?

No that was only in 930.
And seeing that we once went into slowmotion mode after changing to race-session, it is maybe possible that it also caused our problems in some way.

And I agree, 946 + 910 as backup makes more sense, as 910 was the more stable one in general.

Changing builds only takes a couple of minutes anyway, so it's not a huge problem anyway atm.
Only thing which would be helpful to know in time is which build is the main plan to use for the next race. I guess it's b946 atm.

And seeing that we once went into slowmotion mode after changing to race-session, it is maybe possible that it also caused our problems in some way.

And I agree, 946 + 910 as backup makes more sense, as 910 was the more stable one in general.

Changing builds only takes a couple of minutes anyway, so it's not a huge problem anyway atm.
Only thing which would be helpful to know in time is which build is the main plan to use for the next race. I guess it's b946 atm.

Yeah, I thought about that situation at the start once when everyone's purple bars must have hit 100%.

ok i see the logic in updating 930 to 946 and keeping 910 as a backup install, deffo makes sense than to just hope 930 worked fine.

so will i update all the 930 servers to 946? then put the other backup server to 910?

Well, agreed maybe is that 910 should be backup. But we should at least test 946 out and wait for more info for a couple of days, right? When green light to try 946, people just hit update and we should be set? It is no important things that differ preparation-wise so if people update just a couple of days before China, it shouldn't matter?

Well, agreed maybe is that 910 should be backup. But we should at least test 946 out and wait for more info for a couple of days, right? When green light to try 946, people just hit update and we should be set? It is no important things that differ preparation-wise so if people update just a couple of days before China, it shouldn't matter?

seems to me the better solution, I vote for this:)

I may have already found a problem with the new rF2 build. We manage RFCMPs and RFMODs from a package manager build directly into the launcher instead of being separate now, but I don't see anywhere where the requirements are for an RFMOD. So unless I'm missing something, anyone who wants to try the Presto car/track combo on 946 has to remember what you need for the RFMOD.

btw the classic Mod Manager (ModMgr.exe) is also still there in your rfactor2/bin32 folder. You can simply link it to your desktop for example and just continue using that if you like :)

Hi driving crazy I will not be able to participate again because since 2 week my router works very wrong with impossibiliter to go in its setup, my internet network only lasts 30 minutes before losing.

I'll order a new router but this will take some time...
I don't think being for the next race see more... I did not date specific.

I'm going to wish a good race in China

Important tip for the next race at Sakhir: even with the one and only black flag rule in the settings, there's a warning cut track issue at the braking zone before Turn 10, sometimes we may gather a STOP AND GO PENALTY by running over the outside kerb ! Real life considers that as an handicap but not rF2...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.