RSR Formula 3

Cars RSR Formula 3 v4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Continuing to enjoy this car, however one thing gives me grief. My preferred view is dash cam, but here the view is quite severe. Is there a way I can raise the view just a little?
Thanks for your feedback. In the team we all use cockpit view, so we really had no idea on how to set those cameras :)

I think you should be able to override the camera position using the official app to save the correct position. You just need to do this once.
ynXmxja.png

Open the app Onboard settings
Press:
  • Auto Pos
  • Save Dash
Exit from the AC session.
Enter once more.

0XpMHNK.png

This procedure should create a file in \Documents\Assetto Corsa\content\cars\dallara_f312
Please send me this file with me in PM. Also please add a screenshot of the old and new dashcam view. We might adjust the view in the next available release.

Thanks a lot for your help

The additional skinpack has been created in the past by some very talented users outside of the team. We've created only the skins included in the car package itself.

If anyone wants to work on some additional skins and create a 2017 pack, we will be happy to include them in a new skinpack.

I see some patterns in my latest 2 responses :D.
Both really nice requests. I wish we had time for it. From the other side, I always appreciate very much the contribution from other passionate and talented guys.
In the past After_Midnight, NWRAP-ESP, F430_458_F12, Gianmarco helped us a lot creating a wonderful skin package.
Later Marco Calesella helped us with some cool stuff adding some nice additional effects for our skins (chromo, opaque and metallic effect) and some very nice seat belts.

Any help to improve our mod is, as always, extremely appreciated.

Ok, I'm quiet busy actually working on this:

But will try to get some time to make something for this mod as the upcoming season of F3 will be followed by more people than in the past.

Cheers,

SchumiBCN.

i know im probably being cheeky but any chance we can get it so the steering wheel textures can have normals applied and be dds so i can make a matt alacantara effect. it works in the showroom just not on track :). dont know how much work this would be but it would make my day. also upgrade to new driver???

Please help! I am totally new to this as I just got my new PC yesterday, and this mod was one of the reasons why! No more PS4 for me.

Well, I downloaded the file at the top of first post and unzipped it. I then placed each of the 3 folders in their perspective folders in AC. Now, the car shows up to be chosen in the game but when I select a track and hit start it just starts to load and then goes back to the selection screen again. What am I doing wrong? I have tried for well over an hour but I give up, lol.

Please help! I am totally new to this as I just got my new PC yesterday, and this mod was one of the reasons why! No more PS4 for me.

Well, I downloaded the file at the top of first post and unzipped it. I then placed each of the 3 folders in their perspective folders in AC. Now, the car shows up to be chosen in the game but when I select a track and hit start it just starts to load and then goes back to the selection screen again. What am I doing wrong? I have tried for well over an hour but I give up, lol.
Have you tried the game with standart content first?

Have you tried the game with standart content first?
I sure did, been playing quite a bit on the PC the past day, and tons on the PS4, it was my main game. I just really wanted to step it up and finally got a PC for mods like this (and to get a direct drive wheel, but that's another story).

Thanks for any help

I sure did, been playing quite a bit on the PC the past day, and tons on the PS4, it was my main game. I just really wanted to step it up and finally got a PC for mods like this (and to get a direct drive wheel, but that's another story).

Thanks for any help
Its just to be sure AC run perfect and your resolution is set right.
You've have the actual version of AC?
After you've downloaded the mod you've three folders.
-the content of the cars folder (dallara_f312) goes in the folder \assettocorsa\content\cars
-the content of the driver folder (driver_rsr.kn5) goes in the folder \assettocorsa\content\driver
-the content of the font folder (f312.png,f312.txt) goes in the folder\common\assettocorsa\content\fonts

If you've done this correct the Dallara F312 should run perfect.
If not try to redownload the mod and do the steps again and overwrite the files.

I hope it helps.

The package can be unpacked directly in AC main folder. The folder structure in the package has been created to match AC folder structure. Just unpack it all in the main folder and everything will go in the right place.

If you still have issues, please verify you AC files integrity in Steam.
TxM2SVC.png

Really enjoyed the mod so far, however with version 3.1 I've noticed a drastic change in the way ffb felt. The steering now is way lighter and weird - nothing like "works KS ffb", is it supposed to do that with Version 3.1 of the mod? I would assume with no power steering an F3 would have rather high steering resistance, more like it was beforehand.

We got some news :whistling:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/have-your-say-show-us-your-mods.134695/page-2#post-2465517

Few weeks ago the new season of the Formula 3 has started, with an important evolution of the old car (the one we've previously modelled). We've watched the first races, got very excited, and, just for fun I've started cracking some numbers. The first "test mule" as fun to drive, we saw potential, so we kept working on it and little by little the new beast is taking shape.

In those years I've collected tons of technical information of those cars. I just needed a good excuse to glue them together. This is a huge step from the previous car (it should be since it'10 year newer than the F307).
New engine, much more powerful, new suspensions geometry, new aero (much more downforce).
I'm modelling the new physics with care, and with the same attention to details, to get as close as possible to the real car.

In pure RSR style, this is not just the old 3D with a new nose and diffuser, but just a completely new scratch made model. Mario and Maurizio had this much more refined model in the bank for a while, but we've never released it to avoid losing compatibility with skins. The new 3d model is more detailed and optimized and looks gorgeous!

I've very happy that a very talented sound designer, @NeverKrash , has decided to help us for this new project, so our new car will also have his own engine sound.

zitzseF.png

Weird front camber behavior?

While looking at a hotlap at Monza with this car, I noticed some weird behavior on the front cambers. The camber seems to behave in the opposite direction on the front tyres. The rear tyres seem to be working as you'd expect, though.

Below are some examples of Lesmo 1.

Here it is compared to the Tatuus Formula Abarth:
f3_camber2.jpg

And compared to the Ferrari F138:
f3_camber.jpg

Notice how the camber on the front left tyre is -3.5 on the straight before the corner for the F3,-4.3 for the F. Abarth and about -3.0 for the F138. Halfway into the corner the cambers of the F. Abarth and the F138 get less (-3.5 and -1.8), but the F3 does the opposite. It goes from -3.5 to -4.0.

On the right front it goes from -3.5 to -2.7, which is the inside wheel and you'd expect this to get more.

The rears seem to work fine: rear left goes from -3.6 to -3.3.

I know the cambers in AC work in odd ways, but the default AC cars at least behave in somewhat the right way. Just want to point it out.

We got some news :whistling:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/have-your-say-show-us-your-mods.134695/page-2#post-2465517

Few weeks ago the new season of the Formula 3 has started, with an important evolution of the old car (the one we've previously modelled). We've watched the first races, got very excited, and, just for fun I've started cracking some numbers. The first "test mule" as fun to drive, we saw potential, so we kept working on it and little by little the new beast is taking shape.

In those years I've collected tons of technical information of those cars. I just needed a good excuse to glue them together. This is a huge step from the previous car (it should be since it'10 year newer than the F307).
New engine, much more powerful, new suspensions geometry, new aero (much more downforce).
I'm modelling the new physics with care, and with the same attention to details, to get as close as possible to the real car.

In pure RSR style, this is not just the old 3D with a new nose and diffuser, but just a completely new scratch made model. Mario and Maurizio had this much more refined model in the bank for a while, but we've never released it to avoid losing compatibility with skins. The new 3d model is more detailed and optimized and looks gorgeous!

I've very happy that a very talented sound designer, @NeverKrash , has decided to help us for this new project, so our new car will also have his own engine sound.

zitzseF.png
will you then have like two models: the old one and the new one?

Last edited:
Weird front camber behavior?

While looking at a hotlap at Monza with this car, I noticed some weird behavior on the front cambers. The camber seems to behave in the opposite direction on the front tyres. The rear tyres seem to be working as you'd expect, though.

Below are some examples of Lesmo 1.

Here it is compared to the Tatuus Formula Abarth:
f3_camber2.jpg

And compared to the Ferrari F138:
f3_camber.jpg

Notice how the camber on the front left tyre is -3.5 on the straight before the corner for the F3,-4.3 for the F. Abarth and about -3.0 for the F138. Halfway into the corner the cambers of the F. Abarth and the F138 get less (-3.5 and -1.8), but the F3 does the opposite. It goes from -3.5 to -4.0.

On the right front it goes from -3.5 to -2.7, which is the inside wheel and you'd expect this to get more.

The rears seem to work fine: rear left goes from -3.6 to -3.3.

I know the cambers in AC work in odd ways, but the default AC cars at least behave in somewhat the right way. Just want to point it out.
The suspension geometry of this car has an extremely high caster (10.7). The F312/F317 is even more (16). To give you an idea, the Tatuus is around 4.5.
Caster will modify the camber of your tyres while turning. The internal tyre will gain positive camber, the external will gain negative camber.
The higher the caster the more gain you get.

read more about it here:
http://www.packetfilter.com/kartaddict/tech/Chassis_Alignment/frontend_geometry.htm

If you check both Tatuus and F3 with the car standing still you'll see that both are doing what described above. Turning right, you get the left gaining negative camber and the right gaining positive camber.
tYXbHsh.png

g4yvaHq.png

The big difference is that the F3 is gaining much more negative/positive camber, due to a much higher caster.

What happen when the car is moving? the body roll acts on the suspension leaning the tyres and flatten the extenal tyre (external gain positive camber), and pushing the internal (internal gain negative camber).

See the example below on parabolica, comparing the same steering angle on static conditions.
3motbZY.png

At the end, the final camber value you see is the effect of two main contrasting factors : caster and body roll (most probably there are also other factors like something else on the tyre itself or more) .

Since in the F3 the camber gain due to caster is high, the final effect is highly influence by that.
So, while moving, you see that the car is gaining negative camber on the loaded tyre on our F3 , and just the opposite on the tatuus.

Last edited:
The suspension geometry of this car has an extremely high caster (10.7). The F312/F317 is even more (16). To give you an idea, the Tatuus is around 4.5.
Caster will modify the camber of your tyres while turning. The internal tyre will gain positive camber, the external will gain negative camber.
The higher the caster the more gain you get.

Since in the F3 the camber gain due to caster is high, the final effect is highly influence by that.
So, while moving, you see that the car is gaining negative camber on the loaded tyre on our F3 , and just the opposite on the tatuus.

Ah thank you very much for this explanation!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back