RSR Formula 3

Cars RSR Formula 3 v4.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great mod. Can any body tell me how to make the drivers view higher so you can see the track better.
Kenny.
use the official app to save the correct position. You just need to do this once.
ynXmxja.png

Open the app Onboard settings
Press:
  • Auto Pos
  • Save
Exit from the AC session.
Enter once more.

0XpMHNK.png

Hey guys!
First of all just awesome impressive work :)
How about doing a Layer of "dirt" :)
Not like the kunos car in rally style but in racing style. When you look at F1 cars after a race, they are pretty dirty from all the rubber flying around. I just thought it´d be a nice touch to have a layer of dirt, the cars always look like fresh from the showroom after a race.
Cheers and keep it up :)

@Andrea Lojelo Of the three wings on car setup screen wing2, wing 4 & wing6...
which is the front wing, diffuser and the rear wing?
Diffuser have drag effect?
Where do you see wing2 wing4 wing6..

In the setup aero screen you can select the front wing and the two rear wings (upper and lower).
In v3.0 we've added aero dependency between wings in the aerodynamic model. For example, increasing the angle of the front wing does change the efficiency of the rear wing.
Front and Rear Upper are the wings that control the most of the aero load. Rear Lower can be used just to balance the aero distribution, but with some impact on drag.
CCfq535.png

Ride height controls how splitter and diffuser work. Going too low can cause the diffuser to stall.
Drag is also changing based on the ride height (underbody wings in the aero app).

The aero package of this car is very complex. We're tried to get as close as possible to the experimental data we have.

Wing in spanish is alerón:
xtlfYOD.jpg

1.So mainly I must change Front and Rear upper wing, rear down only if its necessary to balance.
2.About the height ride, diffuser stall... mean touch the ground or lost of aero load suddenly?
3.Same parameter of height front and rear results in a upper back height. Am I doing it correctly by putting equal value 11front-11rear (17mm-41mm)?

Another question, Wing damage (red status) doesn't seem to affect the performance of the car.

thanks Andrea

Last edited:
Haven't tried the mod yet, but looks interesting so I wonder if there will be a 2017 pack released when the season is on the way or that's not in the route, so will have to made it ourselves..??

Regards,

SchumiBCN.

Wing in spanish is alerón:
xtlfYOD.jpg

1.So mainly I must change Front and Rear upper wing, rear down only if its necessary to balance.
2.About the height ride, diffuser stall... mean touch the ground or lost of aero load suddenly?
3.Same parameter of height front and rear results in a upper back height. Am I doing it correctly by putting equal value 11front-11rear (17mm-41mm)?

Another question, Wing damage (red status) doesn't seem to affect the performance of the car.

thanks Andrea

the spanish translation are pretty wrong from day one, even the gearbox, it starts at 2nd gear instead of 1st (if you noticed)

please try this Spanish file and see if it helps
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spanish-setup-localization.13593/

Hey guys!
First of all just awesome impressive work :)
How about doing a Layer of "dirt" :)
Not like the kunos car in rally style but in racing style. When you look at F1 cars after a race, they are pretty dirty from all the rubber flying around. I just thought it´d be a nice touch to have a layer of dirt, the cars always look like fresh from the showroom after a race.
Cheers and keep it up :)
A dirt level is something I personally like, but it isn't on the top of the priority or our 3d modeller :whistling:.
If anyone wants to help with this, we will be more than happy to include it in the next available release.

Haven't tried the mod yet, but looks interesting so I wonder if there will be a 2017 pack released when the season is on the way or that's not in the route, so will have to made it ourselves..??

Regards,

SchumiBCN.
The additional skinpack has been created in the past by some very talented users outside of the team. We've created only the skins included in the car package itself.

If anyone wants to work on some additional skins and create a 2017 pack, we will be happy to include them in a new skinpack.

I see some patterns in my latest 2 responses :D.
Both really nice requests. I wish we had time for it. From the other side, I always appreciate very much the contribution from other passionate and talented guys.
In the past After_Midnight, NWRAP-ESP, F430_458_F12, Gianmarco helped us a lot creating a wonderful skin package.
Later Marco Calesella helped us with some cool stuff adding some nice additional effects for our skins (chromo, opaque and metallic effect) and some very nice seat belts.

Any help to improve our mod is, as always, extremely appreciated.

Hi @Andrea Lojelo , I need some help with ideal tyre pressures. I can't find any info on that but after some trial and error, I found 28 psi to be about right. Are they different front to rear since the default setup has +1 psi on rear tyres. Thank you :*
The ideal hot pressure is 24 psi for both front and rear.
By changing the tyre pressure many other things change (tyre flex, tyre rate, rolling resistance and so on), so, as usual, some experimentation will be needed to find the optimal pressure value for each track.

correct. the main aero balance it's obvious still generated by the two big wings.
At speed, the diffuser will gain downforce going closer to the ground, until a certain height. If gets lower than, that the downforce will drop (stall).

Downforce of the Diffuser is not all, as you can imagine.
Front Ride height influence how the splitter will behave, giving more or less downforce depending on its height. Even here, don't run too low, since you will have less downforce and possibly lift from the splitter.

Furthermore both Front and Rear height will influence the drag of the underbody. The closer it gets to the ground, the better it is (less drag).

So at the end, there is no other way than experimenting with it and finding the balance that works better for you.
It's all about compromises.

no. you can change front and rear in any way you want.
Dynamic ride height changes a lot based on the springs you use and he overall downforce you have. A stiffer spring will compress less, and as a consequence, starting to the same static ride height, your car will be higher at speed compared to a softer spring.
Consider using packers to keep the car to decent dynamic ride height.

thanks Andrea
Wing damage will influence both downforce and drag that the wing generates. The aero damage model has been updated from v2.0. In v2.0 the damage was excessive, so we tune it down a bit. The effect is still there. You will feel it, since the car will not be as fast as before and possibly a bit unbalanced. A small tap on the back will not ruin your race as much as before.

If you drive on a server, check the damage multiplier used in the server configuration. In some cases server tune down the damages even to 70% and that will change a lot your perception.

Last edited:
Besides, it's not a matter of putting same values on the left windows, those are just clicks, you need to check the real values on the right window, I doesn't matter if it says 11 or 40 clicks, the value you are aiming for is the one on the right window, XX mm (in your case 41mm rear)

Ok, About damage we was running in paul ricard wtcc, and server was set on 120%, but with red front wind not seems lost grip.
The car in general its very strong, crash at 110km/h perpendicularly againts wall dont seems broke your suspension. Im sure that it's because AC engine damage because it's typical in all AC cars.

We will continue to observe the behavior, we may raise server damage to 150% -200% in the future.
Thanks again for yours answers. @Andrea Lojelo @Leonardo Ratafiá

The additional skinpack has been created in the past by some very talented users outside of the team. We've created only the skins included in the car package itself.

If anyone wants to work on some additional skins and create a 2017 pack, we will be happy to include them in a new skinpack.

I see some patterns in my latest 2 responses :D.
Both really nice requests. I wish we had time for it. From the other side, I always appreciate very much the contribution from other passionate and talented guys.
In the past After_Midnight, NWRAP-ESP, F430_458_F12, Gianmarco helped us a lot creating a wonderful skin package.
Later Marco Calesella helped us with some cool stuff adding some nice additional effects for our skins (chromo, opaque and metallic effect) and some very nice seat belts.

Any help to improve our mod is, as always, extremely appreciated.

Thank you Andrea, I'm very proud that something I made was useful for such a great mod.
I'm sure I can speak also for other people that helped you, even if not directly involved in you modding group. It was a a privilege for us when you accepted to use our work in you mod, RSR is indeed a great community and you are a really opened mind modder group.

By the way, I'm in stand by from before Christmas, without PC and without sims, only reading forums :(
:mad:. I hope to have back my PC in next weeks to be able to test my next work directly in game and finally propose it to you ....... you know already what I'm referring... ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back