Have Your Say: Show Us Your Mods!

A 1978 Ferrari Dino 308 GT4.
We own this car and I've never seen it in any racing game before, so I decided to do it myself. I started learning 3D modelling just for this and very slowly I'm getting something in game.

Still a very long way to go, but I won't give up.

sEc0606.jpg

eNpODCM.jpg

Little something I've been working on for the last few months. An rF1 custom mod, based loosely on the 2017 regs, designed for a league.
dGkINNP.jpg

And its rF2 counterpart :p
VBgq05h.jpg

Hopefully we should be seeing it on AMS at some point as well ;)

Nothing for rF2...come on rF guys, we want to see your work too!!!
Said and done.;)
image8r7kkt.jpg

image94fjxk.jpg

A few of the liveries from the original mod had missing logos or wrong numbers for some reason. Almost all skins are either fictional or incorrect, which surprised me, so I did something about it and fixed them.
image107pk95.jpg

But then I went on on my own painted a total of 52 liveries covering the entire history of this car in the WSC, in both T280 and T290 spec; all historic, all real, all as accurate as template permitted. Logos and everything from scratch. The T290 from Le Mans 1973 above is just a sample.

I need a way to contact someone over at Pixsim though. An email, some forum account, anything.

My love goes to you all, as this is what makes sim racing truly great! I would love to see someone who has the programming knowledge, develop an app that reads your sim and equipment and gives or adjusts your settings to the absolute best graphically and performance wise. I know this is close to an impossibility, but I'm sure there is an OCD person out there...

I was not planning to release any info about our team new project yet, but with our RSR F3 mod used as article image, I couldn't resist :sneaky:.

First of all, thanks to Paul for the nice surprise, and the very nice idea. It's great to see so much talent in a thread like this. Thanks to all of you for the great dedication, and passion, and allowing us to enjoy our favourite sims even more!

Let's get back to RSR now :)
Few weeks ago the new season of the Formula 3 has started, with an important evolution of the old car (the one we've previously modelled). We've watched the first races, got very excited, and, just for fun I've started cracking some numbers. The first "test mule" as fun to drive, we saw potential, so we kept working on it and little by little the new beast is taking shape.

In those years I've collected tons of technical information of those cars. I just needed a good excuse to glue them together. This is a huge step from the previous car (it should be since it'10 year newer than the F307).
New engine, much more powerful, new suspensions geometry, new aero (much more downforce).
I'm modelling the new physics with care, and with the same attention to details, to get as close as possible to the real car.

In pure RSR style, this is not just the old 3D with a new nose and diffuser, but just a completely new scratch made model. Mario and Maurizio had this much more refined model in the bank for a while, but we've never released it to avoid losing compatibility with skins. The new 3d model is more detailed and optimized and looks gorgeous!

I've very happy that a very talented sound designer, @NeverKrash , has decided to help us for this new project, so our new car will also have his own engine sound.

zitzseF.png

Here's my first actual release. I think the fact it was completely fictional meant it whole process was much faster, so was able to release it in somewhat of a timely manner without having to worry about 'it is 100% correct' or not.

Was a lot of fun designing both the model by scratch but also the physics, having complete control over how I wanted it to drive. It was also a great learning experience, meaning I can now apply everything I learned towards future projects (and ongoing ones!).

qjuoDS0h.jpg

zhVCJUQh.jpg

o6xhmqqh.jpg

PrztDhoh.jpg

This latest one was just a silly challenge I set myself to see just how much I could do in a short space of time (long weekend). As a result its a bit unfinished, but worthy of a few smiles nevertheless.
Currently working to add a little polish, bit slow now I haven't contained myself to a silly deadline, but should be out soon.

FBvTW8wh.jpg

JF1iHpfh.jpg

UtJIcG0h.jpg

The first and only thing I've ever made and released to the sim community. Pretty much had to do it when I knew the car was coming. Probably spent a stupid amount of hours tweaking it, spending hours staring at swatches of colour to decide how best to represent the complex real life colour in the limited sim environment (metallic isn't even properly realized in PCars I'm pretty sure). Basically taught myself as I worked on making a skin.

I'm such a nerd for details I'll probably never make another one its just too much work! XD The helmets alone were a chore.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-v10-williams-2002-fw24.9604/

20160327031959_1-jpg.128253

20160327034148_1-jpg.128255

20160327032540_1-jpg.128258

Those other two cars are someone else's work but its just such a nice shot.

I also made a matching wheel and I'm impressed with myself I managed to get the normal map to represent a pretty convincing Alcantara effect.
williams-2002-wheel-1-jpg.128234

Just my little contribution to the sim world. I have no idea how some people create the far bigger things. Its so much time.

In those years I've collected tons of technical information of those cars. I just needed a good excuse to glue them together. This is a huge step from the previous car (it should be since it'10 year newer than the F307).
New engine, much more powerful, new suspensions geometry, new aero (much more downforce).
I'm modelling the new physics with care, and with the same attention to details, to get as close as possible to the real car.

In pure RSR style, this is not just the old 3D with a new nose and diffuser, but just a completely new scratch made model. Mario and Maurizio had this much more refined model in the bank for a while, but we've never released it to avoid losing compatibility with skins. The new 3d model is more detailed and optimized and looks gorgeous!

I've very happy that a very talented sound designer, @NeverKrash , has decided to help us for this new project, so our new car will also have his own engine sound.

zitzseF.png

I was just thinking about this today, after I saw the race at Monza and driven a few laps in your mod. Very excited about this mod, pretty much the main thing I had hoped to read about here :thumbsup:

Weather and graphic modification for Assetto Corsa

It is called "good and bad Weathers". It contains over 40 authentic weathers with realistic skies, HD clouds, postprocessing filters and Reshade postprocessing. The main part needs Content Manager, another great mod for Assetto Corsa.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weathers.11194/

Here are some pictures of the next version:
iD5qXNw.jpg

FqDJayF.jpg

73cMoli.jpg
Hello! It looks awesome! Can you confirm if it works with Oculus Rift? I am asking because I tried a mod which uses Sweet Fx and it don't render correctly with Rift.

Hello! It looks awesome! Can you confirm if it works with Oculus Rift? I am asking because I tried a mod which uses Sweet Fx and it don't render correctly with Rift.
No. You have to deactivate it. But my sweetfx/reshade settings add some more contrast and brightness, which you don't need for the rift. Without sweetfx it looks great too. I have also a rift cv1 and the weathers look absolutely realistic with it...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back