Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the hype big disappointment and to top it off I guess we'll be losing our Sunday club events while this goes ahead :(

Not necessarily.

I can't make one of the rounds so that's me out of the league, so it would still be nice to race on the R3E events.

Being a Sunday I suppose they could run the R3E club events earlier in the day but yes I agree with you all club events suffer when a league event is running at the same time more or less.

• Deleted member 6919

Race times and lack of being able to drive the car of my choice is a big no no for me so have fun guys but wont be signing up..

Not knowing what car matches quali position doesn't help either.

What difference would it make to know? It would be physically impossible for you to guarantee you get a specific qualy position to ensure you get a particular car.

Actually it´s 20 Euro, which is quite much for league with only 4 races as a entry fee :thumbsdown:

It's not 20 Euros to enter the league. You need the Ford GT to enter the pre-qualy, and then you need the car you are assigned for the league races. That's it... two cars, not the whole pack.

If I randomly get to drive the Corvette, then I'm in advantage, as that's one (if not the only) car that I'm consistent, comfortable and competitive with, both for setting up and driving fast and safe. If I get any other car, I'm at disadvantage and is potentially slow, inconsistent, frustrated, and a risk in on-the-limit racing situations.
You and everybody else in the league have the exact same chance of ending up in their favourite car. It's not about advantages and disadvantages, it's about enjoying the challenge of driving in a league, regardless of what you end up in.

After all the hype big disappointment and to top it off I guess we'll be losing our Sunday club events while this goes ahead :(
Please let's not start making groundless assumptions. For one thing, the league races are bi-weekly, so will only interfere with half the club races during that period. For another, we are already putting plans in place to minimise disruption and ensure those not in the league still get track time. We don't just ignore the needs of our core community.

Well, those are some interesting decisions regarding the league and also some quite interesting answers, I guess. Not that it would concern me, seeing as I'm just too slow for a GT3 league.

Just to say: I get why the Ford GT isn't there as pre-Q car, but why also the P4/5?

I gather you haven't driven that car? ;) It's quite...special... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes