Status
Not open for further replies.
From the 3rd paragraph of the sign up thread: "Due to the absence of custom skins in RaceRoom Racing Experience we have opted to go for a unique approach where all drivers will be assigned an exclusive car brand and skin. During an exciting pre-qualification event a decision will be made who drives in which exotic GT3 car from the GTR 3 Pack."

Those who manage to survive the pre-qualy will be assigned a unique car and model. Pre-qualy will be driven exclusively with the Ford GT so all the drivers have the same car. The Ford GT will be retired after the Pre-Qualy.

We are going to see a very unique field where all the cars except the Ford GT and P4/5 will be used.

1. If I sign up for pre-qual I sign up for whole league?
2. "Surviving" the pre-qual is to be in between place 1-60 or is there something "extra"?
3. What decides what car will be handed out?
4. There are cars I just cannot drive for different reasons, what if I get one of those?

Edit: Sorry forgot yet another question, TeamSpeak: Are drivers getting their own "rooms" or a "one-for-all" like in Club races?

1. If I sign up for pre-qual I sign up for whole league?
2. "Surviving" the pre-qual is to be in between place 1-60 or is there something "extra"?
3. What decides what car will be handed out?
4. There are cars I just cannot drive for different reasons, what if I get one of those?
1. Yes, you are signing up for the whole league.
2. The top 60 drivers will make it into the league, and will be split into two divisions of 30 drivers each.
3. Cars will be assigned to positions 1-60 via a pre-defined list. You then get the car which matches your qualy position.
4. You'll need to learn to drive it. Everybody will be in the same position.

1. Yes, you are signing up for the whole league.
2. The top 60 drivers will make it into the league, and will be split into two divisions of 30 drivers each.
3. Cars will be randomly assigned to positions 1-60. You then get the car which matches your qualy position.
4. You'll need to learn to drive it. Everybody will be in the same position.

That comes as bit of anti-climax to tell the truth, I don't want to have to learn to drive something I don't like.
Not knowing what car matches quali position doesn't help either.

I am really disappointed so I am sorry but I will not sign up for this league. I was really looking forward to it. :(

We understand that we can't please everybody Lars. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us.
I dont expect you to please everyone, what made it an anti-climax for me is that I am not allowed to choose my own car, not be able to choose liver I could have lived with as there are planty of those when taking the ADAC series into account. Still, I hope there will be a league and I will watch it,

The whole GTR 3 Pack is on sale for 8 euro's I believe which is quite a bargain for all the cars that are in it. Not sure what the price per car is if you buy them separately but can't be much.
That wouldn't even be the issue. Rather that I might end up driving a car I absolutely don't feel comfortable with. In my experience, that doesn't end well.

I was excited for this series, until I read the part about not being able to choose your car, as there are many iam just not comfortable driving and some i just dont like :(
If sector3 releases any of new gt3 cars before the series start will they be added to the list?

Guys if you get an offer to race for McLaren Honda in the Formula 1, do you then decline the opportunity given because you prefer to race with a Renault instead?

Again we understand that some people aren't happy that they can't pick the car of their first choice but that would have happened to some drivers regardless. As there are only a limited amount of cars and models there always would have been people that can't drive their car of their first choice.

Now at least it's a level playing field and the same for all the drivers. And it's not that we are asking you to drive a Formula Truck vehicle instead of a LMP1. They're all GT3 vehicles with four wheels and minor difference in characteristics.

At least we won't be seeing 24 out of 60 drivers in the same car and livery with the same number but an awesome field of unique cars. Now at least we can do an exciting broadcast with commentary.

Yes this league might require you to purchase an additional car if you don't own it already, but that is the same for all the drivers. We have discussed this topic thoroughly in the organization and we think this will be the nicest format in the end for both the drivers and most certainly for the thousands of spectators on Youtube.

Again if our format doesn't suit you perfectly and you can't overcome it, we are really sorry but then it's best to move along and not take part.

Unfortunately we have had to remove a very immature response already and issued a thread reply ban. Can we please keep this mature and realize we are all wanting the same thing: to organize a nice league for all of us and enjoy our hobby: racing GT cars. To do so, sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made.

Now at least it's a level playing field and the same for all the drivers.
If I randomly get to drive the Corvette, then I'm in advantage, as that's one (if not the only) car that I'm consistent, comfortable and competitive with, both for setting up and driving fast and safe. If I get any other car, I'm at disadvantage and is potentially slow, inconsistent, frustrated, and a risk in on-the-limit racing situations.

Though all GT3 cars can reach a similar pace, they can do that in the hands of a matching driver. Engine placement makes a big difference in driveability. Weight as well. Suspensions, torque curves, aero characteristics are very different, if not unique across the grid.

In short, I'm just questioning if this can be called a level playing field.

Guys if you get an offer to race for McLaren Honda in the Formula 1, do you then decline the opportunity given because you prefer to race with a Renault instead?

Again we understand that some people aren't happy that they can't pick the car of their first choice but that would have happened to some drivers regardless. As there are only a limited amount of cars and models there always would have been people that can't drive their car of their first choice.

Now at least it's a level playing field and the same for all the drivers. And it's not that we are asking you to drive a Formula Truck vehicle instead of a LMP1. They're all GT3 vehicles with four wheels and minor difference in characteristics.

At least we won't be seeing 24 out of 60 drivers in the same car and livery with the same number but an awesome field of unique cars. Now at least we can do an exciting broadcast with commentary.

Yes this league might require you to purchase an additional car if you don't own it already, but that is the same for all the drivers. We have discussed this topic thoroughly in the organization and we think this will be the nicest format in the end for both the drivers and most certainly for the thousands of spectators on Youtube.

Again if our format doesn't suit you perfectly and you can't overcome it, we are really sorry but then it's best to move along and not take part.

Unfortunately we have had to remove a very immature response already and issued a thread reply ban. Can we please keep this mature and realize we are all wanting the same thing: to organize a nice league for all of us and enjoy our hobby: racing GT cars. To do so, sometimes unpopular decisions have to be made.
With the slight difference that here I don't get paid to drive any of the GT cars, but rather have to pay. If you buy me the car & livery I'll need, plus the premium, then I probably wouldn't mind driving whichever car you assign me, even if I don't feel the slightest bit comfortable in it.

It's a bit of a shame that after waiting so long for the first R3E league here things turned out this way.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, since I feel keeping this discussion going won't lead to anything.

It is what it is. All the information is now available for everybody and only you can decide if with this information given you would like to join or not. We can't please every possible driver on RaceDepartment. If you feel that this league doesn't appeal to you that is fine, then don't sign up to avoid further frustrations further down the league. There are plenty of club races still to take part in.

We are sure that the current outlines are going to provide a great racing series for both drivers and spectators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back