Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rules of this Championship are awesome, there is nothing better then all those "one-car heros" not knowing in which car they will end up :D
always hated the races where 8 different cars are available, but 90% of the drivers take the fastest/most consistent (e.g. Honda in WTCC, Zakspeed in Gr.5) because of "competitiveness". Great idea to get a work around...
Only shame is the strict entry philosophy. I'd love to participate, but due to different reasons i can't know for sure if i can participate in certain races, so this is a no-no for me :( but i can fully understand the reason behind it..

I think the rules of this Championship are awesome, there is nothing better then all those "one-car heros" not knowing in which car they will end up :D
always hated the races where 8 different cars are available, but 90% of the drivers take the fastest/most consistent (e.g. Honda in WTCC, Zakspeed in Gr.5) because of "competitiveness". Great idea to get a work around...
Only shame is the strict entry philosophy. I'd love to participate, but due to different reasons i can't know for sure if i can participate in certain races, so this is a no-no for me :( but i can fully understand the reason behind it..
Sorry for the noob question but what is a "one car hero"? I've never heard that term before :)

always hated the races where 8 different cars are available, but 90% of the drivers take the fastest/most consistent (e.g. Honda in WTCC, Zakspeed in Gr.5) because of "competitiveness"
Yeah, for some reason, people seem to avoid cars they're slowest/least comfortable with. It's crazy.

I was told my previous comment wasn't constructive enough so here's attempt #2.
I'll admit I really enjoy new cars, but in a club environment. IMO that's the whole point of the club races: low pressure to have fun and try new things. I think I only have two GT3 cars - though I do have an ADAC pack that I still don't understand why we don't use in GT3 club races to have more skins/choices, as Georg Ortner pointed out a few weeks ago - and remember one race where I wanted to try the old McLaren MP4-12C but chose my trusty Corvette at the last minute because I was a full second slower, even after tinkering with the setup for a while, I was just not comfortable and the idea of racing a club race in a car I was knowingly slow in made no sense.
And that is precisely my point: your idea to assign a specific car in a club race would be fine with me and could actually be fun, but to me a league is associated with competition. Therefore, if I was assigned a car I can't be competitive with, why should I race in the first place? In a competitive environment, you want to do your best, but you know you could be better in the event you get a car you don't like, especially since you present that choice based purely as a cosmetic issue for broadcasting.
So to end my rant, perhaps you could ask yourselves: are you doing this league for yourselves (make the broadcast as appealing as possible) or for the racers who will partake who, with the car of their choice, could make the racing closer and more exciting? Maybe it will be anyway with your choice and I honestly hope that the league will be successful as I think it would be spiteful to wish otherwise, I'm just disappointed I will not be racing in it (I was not a fan of the Saturdays and would have had to shuffle things around, but what has been decided just threw me off completely).
Good luck to all! I'll be seeing you in the club races as usual! :)

Hello guys,

I know I'm rarely there (new house, new job, new organisation since the S6 on Assetto Corsa :D).

I was waiting for this S7, I know that I didn't have some recent racing club but if I can have the chance to get a slot (after getting my premium account again of course).

I will need the Ford GT GT3 first for the quali', then another car will be assigned to me (for me who don't have all the content of R3E, I will probably haver to buy it), + the tracks?

What difference would it make to know? It would be physically impossible for you to guarantee you get a specific qualy position to ensure you get a particular car.
No it makes no difference now so why bring it up again? But I see my question was unclear, I was more wondering what parameters would give a driver a certain car, was it by position, random or a combination.
Has the cars been valued and ranked?

I will see you soon in clubraces instead :)

• Deleted member 6919

Guys if you get an offer to race for McLaren Honda in the Formula 1, do you then decline the opportunity given because you prefer to race with a Renault instead?

Again we understand that some people aren't happy that they can't pick the car of their first choice but that would have happened to some drivers regardless. As there are only a limited amount of cars and models there always would have been people that can't drive their car of their first choice.

Now at least it's a level playing field and the same for all the drivers. And it's not that we are asking you to drive a Formula Truck vehicle instead of a LMP1. They're all GT3 vehicles with four wheels and minor difference in characteristics.
I think your missing the point Bram, if you want a level playing field then you pick a one series car like the Audi Cup, but you will still have quicker driver's, if your picking a class of vehicle then you have to let people drive what they want in that class. I've driven in many league's and for me the point is to drive against the best at their best, that's how you improve and learn, even after 20+ years I'm still learning new stuff. Why try and restrict, it just doesn't make sense, even on club days people don't all just take the so called quickest car in that class, what they take is what they prefer to drive, what they enjoy driving even though it might not allow them to be competitive at the front, it's all about having a good race, and it's the same in a league, the restriction on what your allowed to drive just defeats the whole purpose of it, if I enter a league or competition, I'm entering with a mind set I wanna win, to do that I want to be at my best, so that means driving the car that suits my driving style and gives me the best chance of that, if I'm not allowed to then why would I sign up..

Yeah, for some reason, people seem to avoid cars they're slowest/least comfortable with. It's crazy.

Then perhaps they should practice more? In a sim with so many cars why do people limit themselves to cars they instantly feel comfy in and ignore all the others? You learn nothing as a driver if you stay in your comfort zone. There's over a month until the first RDGTC race, which is a lot of practice time.

Oh, and you're about the same speed as me in GT3's, so you're not too slow for the league. Nobody is.

I was waiting for this S7, I know that I didn't have some recent racing club but if I can have the chance to get a slot (after getting my premium account again of course).

I will need the Ford GT GT3 first for the quali', then another car will be assigned to me (for me who don't have all the content of R3E, I will probably haver to buy it), + the tracks?
There is plenty of time between now and the pre-qualy to get your 5 club races in, so no worries there. Yes, you will need all the tracks, the Ford GT, and your assigned car.

No it makes no difference now so why bring it up again?
Because this is a forum and I'm allowed to comment on the things other people say? :rolleyes:
Has the cars been valued and ranked?
No. All the available cars are capable of the same pace, they just handle differently. They'll simply be assigned to the qualy positions, and the people qualifying in those places get that car associated with it.

@Ross Garland this was not a groundless assumption see previous quotes from you and Kenny.

All major RD leagues run on a Saturday night so I would think we'll be the same.

Plus Sunday would impact on the club racing, which is a bit unfair on those not racing in the league.

I appreciate the fact that this might not impact the club races as bad I first thought but could you please explain why the decision was made to go to a Sunday for this league.

Then perhaps they should practice more? In a sim with so many cars why do people limit themselves to cars they instantly feel comfy in and ignore all the others? You learn nothing as a driver if you stay in your comfort zone. There's over a month until the first RDGTC race, which is a lot of practice time.

Well, I always assumed people are "limiting themselves to cars they instantly feel comfy in and ignore all the others" simply because they're trying to have fun and enjoy their races without even realizing they're having fun the wrong way by not challenging themselves enough.

No. All the available cars are capable of the same pace, they just handle differently. They'll simply be assigned to the qualy positions, and the people qualifying in those places get that car associated with it.

Yes I agree they are all fast enough, in the right hands. My hand shouldn't touch some of them at all because, as you say, they handle differently. If I signed up and was unlucky getting a car I just cannot come to terms with there would four sundays of punishment for being unlucky on pre'qual. Not to mention all the hours I would try before, because try I would, and try I have.
And I cannot withdraw after the pre-qual if I am unlucky as I then would loose my membership, hell I can't even be sick on a racing sunday.

Because this is a forum and I'm allowed to comment on the things other people say? :rolleyes:
Ofc you are and so am I :)

I find myself incompatible with RD's league format as this looks like nothing as the other leagues RD hosted.
Before any calls me out as whiner who don't want to put the hours in, I do and I try hard to improve. I wish to be part of this league but going blindly into something that could hurt me more than gain I do not.

good points Lars, though I can also Ross' view. But I suppose one should just wait and see: If the spots for the league are taken, well, then there seem to be enough players who agree with the format or are willing to take their chance. The league will go ahead and all concerned will be happy, win-win. If not, i.e. if places stay vacant, I'm sure the organizers will come up with a different solution by the middle of September. Personally, I will watch this till Sept. 10th before I make - or do not make - my move, see how it pans out.

good points Lars, though I can also Ross' view. But I suppose one should just wait and see: If the spots for the league are taken, well, then there seem to be enough players who agree with the format or are willing to take their chance. The league will go ahead and all concerned will be happy, win-win. If not, i.e. if places stay vacant, I'm sure the organizers will come up with a different solution by the middle of September. Personally, I will watch this till Sept. 10th before I make - or do not make - my move, see how it pans out.
My opinions aside, I do not wish the league to fail. I really hope they get a grid that will be interesting to look at as this will be my view of it. Still disappointed though, I really wanted to be part of it.

I think your missing the point Bram, if you want a level playing field
No I am not. We don't want to end up with a racing series where 45 racers pick a white Nissan GTR all with start number #3 (just look up any WTCC footage from RaceRoom and see a field full of boring Castrol Honda's which looks nothing like real life).

We have opted to go for a 100% diverse grid which in our opinion is besides having custom skins the best option and will look and sound smashing on the live broadcast. When you get a seat given in real life you don't get that choose the car either. You go with what you are offered by the team and I have yet to meet the first driver that declines a full year in the Blancpain GT Series because he doesn't like the car or the position of the engine or the overall handling. A real racer races any cars, because racing is awesome regardless the car you're in :thumbsup:

If you don't like the offered option, don't sign up for the league. If you do like it, join us in the series. It's really that simple. We aren't going to change the format of the league because 10 people are getting vocal.

• Deleted member 6919

Everyone on this thread is vocal Bram, it's not about 10 people, that's the reason you have put up the discussion thread, all I'm doing is stating my opinion, as are others no matter if it's positive/negative to the format, I like other's were looking forward to a league, it's just a shame the route RD have taken, it's RD choice for sure, as it is for us to sign up or not, but people will always voice their thought's that's all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes