Skin mods standardization

I was wondering if it was possible to request some sort of standardization in the AC Skins download area. Some skin creators kindly include their skins inside the car's directory or even from the top level AC directory. Some only provide the skin in its own folder without even a "read me" .

I find those very hard to install at times because I usually download a few skins at a time, some cars have very similar names and if I go try to install the skin it often takes me forever to find the right car (In many cases the name and model of the car was only in the download page, but 10 skins later I am not going to remember that).

I do skins too (not for AC so far) and I know it's not hard to create at least a folder named after the car and follow the naming convention of [carname]/skins/[skinname] .

That would make my life (and I hope other people's too) much easier. I appreciate the hard work of making a skin, compare to that creating and zipping up a couple of folders is really minor.

Could RD require that at least the skins are distributed with the car folder name (if not the "cars" folder for those that are not as familiar with installing skins?

• Deleted member 161052

Can anyone make helmets from the 2014 F1 season? Would be cool outside of CM F1 modding :thumbsup:

thought maybe it could be ported from motogp 14. i dont believe assetto corsa has realistically simulated anything myself so it should be apples and oranges at least

am i the only one that always feels like they are driving 40 mph the entire time playing AC? this game is so pathetic i will only play with the shifter kart

I tried putting in a motorbike but AC has none of the stability assists a bike game tends to so, as an obvious example, if you tip the bike over you just get reset to the pit. Plus there's the controls issue (you want to be able to both steer and lean your body, separately...) With a lot of care I could sorta go a lap around Silverstone but it's not really racing.

I kinda misplaced the files, sorry. It was a while ago. It wasn't much like a real motorcycle anyway since it was based on the Formula K's power/weight/wheelbase, just had the 2 wheel style lean into turns.

• Deleted member 161052

F1-Benetton-B186-(2).jpg

This livery on Lotus 98T chassis would be nice :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.