LUT Generator for AC

Apps LUT Generator for AC 0.15

Login or Register an account to download this content
I NEED HELP
Step Log 2 (linear force test) is NOT working.
doesnt move the wheel and wont complete the test
have tried everything to get it to work
Step Log (step test) works and moves wheel
dont know what it could be

I got a problem my wheel starts shaking when low speed and after a drift. I have a g29 it didn't shake before i tried wheelcheck.

in assetto corsa documents cfg files you have to edit few parameters in crazy1.ini (set 0|0.02, 1|9), controls.ini (ff_gain=0.01, understeer=0, other as standart 0 or 1), ff_post_process(TYPE=LUT ,ENABLED=1) . in the lgch profiler set overall to 115-120

Last edited:
Hello! I have just runned this great app, but in the .ini file it says gamma 0.5 instead of 1. Is this normal?
When using the app, I choosed 50 as value - would it be better with 100? Difference? Also, what should I set the rest of the FFB settings to for my G29? Also - I get a lot of rattling in the wheel. Tried to lower to FFB 80 but it felt like the same, sort of (does this work differently after I have runned the app)? I just want some good general settings. Any ideas? =)

man 1st i recomend to captrue lones setting that legned main of spell list

I have the same problem with the g920. The wheel is recognised but the position values, or any value for that matter, are just not there. The wheel does nothing, thus no file is generated. Does anyone know what might be affecting the test?

Interesting. Have you given the wheel approx 10 sec or more to start? Did the wheel function proparely in the game?

After trying everything I could think of, I assumed that the problem was firmware so I went for the newest Logitech software in their website to update it, called G HUB (which I didn't even know that existed).

After I got it up and running, I tried the test and worked perfectly fine, didn't even touch the firmware. Made my LUT and now the wheel feels great.

What causes sudden "bangs" in the wheel? (G29). Could be in a light corner or, well - just on straights as well.
Not sure if Im using the LUT generator (or its generated files) correctly. First I changed things in that file after doing the LUT settings, but then I found that in CM, I could change LUT file in a better way? But how can I be sure if the real LUT settings are used? Btw, when checking that file again, it seems like things has gone back to defaults? Are FFB seettings saved both in AC folders and some folder that CM handles? Confused.. =P

Oh, and G29 / G920 users... Which FFB effects do you turn on in CM? How mucH?

Are the last settings needed when using Content Manager? I just did a curve with Wheel Test, and then used LUT generator. Saved it and now choosing it in controls in CM. The thing is, Im not sure the wheel works like it should this time.

Is this needed to do? In my ff_post_process.ini it says:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=g29_fredde.lut

***Reading the instruction the gamma should be 1! Is the only way to change that in the .ini file?***

1. Open ff_post_process.ini located in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\ and make sure the TYPE=LUT, ENABLED=1 and CURVE = Generated LUT filename
  2. MIN FORCE should be set to 0 in Assetto Corsa!!

After this, do not alter the FFB Strength in your wheel's profiler!! If you change the FFB Gain in your wheel's profiler, you should rerun wheelcheck+lutgenerator.

Step 7 clarification:
For example, if the file you produced with LUTGenerator is myLUT.lut, then this is how the ff_post_process.ini should look:

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=myLUT.lut

Should i use a different LUT for different rims on CSWv2 ? Being my Uni Hub is heavier than my Formula v2 changing the way the FFB feels . Probably a silly question , but it something that crossed my mind .

Hi, I've noticed this gamma value on my "ff_post_process" file:
[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5
Is it ok, or must be set at 1 as per the example shown in the instrusction?

Also as @VirslY , even if I edit the ff_post_process.ini file and save it, I don't know why it goes back to default values.
Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play