Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

I thought this was a forum where people could contribute opinions? If you don't care about opinions, don't post your stuff here, simple. Seems to me it's only positive opinions you care about. Here's one for you: your NJMP is really boring. There. No one else will tell you, but I will. It is of interest to you and no one else, it is a very dull local race track.

It's not particularly well made and offers no interest. It is dull. Ban me now, for disagreeing with the mod overlords.
You are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed it.

I thought this was a forum where people could contribute opinions? If you don't care about opinions, don't post your stuff here, simple. Seems to me it's only positive opinions you care about. Here's one for you: your NJMP is really boring. There. No one else will tell you, but I will. It is of interest to you and no one else, it is a very dull local race track.

It's not particularly well made and offers no interest. It is dull. Ban me now, for disagreeing with the mod overlords.
Holy Moly It is Jesus himself.
In my opinion this forum was made for modders to let the community and all the other ass-kissers like me show what the progress on their cars is. This is a place for some constructive criticism and helpful or encouraging stuff.
How about you making the LMP1 grid? 2017 cars, should not be that difficult.

I reckon I'll download this when it's released, drive it once, think it's really slow and never drive it again.
That's okay, it was never made with you in mind anyway.

Plus its only slow if you are a slow driver.

Oh I didn't realise I was supposed to kiss everyone's ass. Your "roll eyes" is abusive.

This guy has spent months modding a transit van. To me, that is time wasted. He is obviously talented, but his talents are being wasted.
Ah yes, all that time spent learning how to model, learning AC physics, all wasted time /s.
I picked the van as a starting project purely to gain knowledge, and guess what, I now have a ton of knowledge that I didn't previously. Mission accomplished I'd say.

Who are you talking about? If it is me, you've wasted months designing a car most AC users will drive once. It is a pointless exercise. You could have modelled so many more useful cars in that time.

The RSS guys have designed and sold so many 2017 F1 cars, they must have made so much money. And everyone who has downloaded it, loves the car.

You have spent months replicating a novelty van. The joke is very much on you, you have wasted your time.
Ah, okay, now we see the problem. Money, download numbers, you're completely missing the point. I make these because I want to, its something I enjoy, I like the challenge of learning new skills.
I do it for fun, not to satisfy people like you or anyone else. I don't care if nobody downloads it, its completely besides the point. This has become a hobby that I love.

And a pointless exercise? Again, lets refer back to all the skills I learned throughout the project. And I've discovered a new passion, which I intend to continue and hopefully become a larger part of my life in future. Who knows if I would have been able to stay motivated enough to stick with it, had I just jumped straight into the deep end with a complex vehicle which was highly popular.

I downloaded gary's other car, the fictional one. Man, that stunk. It hasn't been mentioned here for weeks.

Now it's a van.

Meanwhile the world moves on and gary is stuck with his van.

Embarrassing. His ass-kissers here are even more embarrassing. BUT I will still happily pay for quality mods and download gary's **** for free and delete the next day! That's the beauty of AC. Fat-Alfies tracks are boring. I delete them within a week of downloading for free.
Again, you're missing the point. I never made the fictional Dallara car to gain popularity, I did it because I enjoy designing cars from scratch - and personally, I think I did a really good job for a first try (I've yet to see anyone else's efforts?). That's enough for me to consider the project a success - but that's not all, I gained a ton more experience (texturing process mostly) that I'm now able to bring forward into other projects.

The point I've hopefully managed to get across is this: I do this for me, not you.

If you happen to like it, then great, but its certainly not the main objective. I'm not selling it or making money on it, so my future doesn't depend on whether people like it or not, making you and frankly anyone else's opinions completely irrelevant to me.

Cheers for the laugh though :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:rolleyes: (rolls eyes).

...NJMP is really boring ... It's not particularly well made...

:roflmao: Looking forward to your highly exciting and perfect professionally made tracks in future.

You, Alfie and Norbs need to take a serious step back, get a grip on yourselves and stop dominating these forums and stifling talent coming through. Your patronising, high-horse attitude stinks and it is no wonder AC has not engaged any of you to contribute to the official sim. Let me tell you they never will.

The groupthink mentality you have created here is so depressing. I hope you have the good grace to bow out of these forums and let the young people come through.

By all means release your **** on the downloads page, but no more vigilante-moderation, no more patronising comments on new mods and no more bullying of amateur modders.

You can include numbnuts gary in my comments above, although his mods are amateurish in the extreme. He has the bravado, less the talent. A poisonous presence here.

You, Alfie and Norbs need to take a serious step back, get a grip on yourselves and stop dominating these forums and stifling talent coming through. Your patronising, high-horse attitude stinks and it is no wonder AC has not engaged any of you to contribute to the official sim. Let me tell you they never will.

The groupthink mentality you have created here is so depressing. I hope you have the good grace to bow out of these forums and let the young people come through.

By all means release your **** on the downloads page, but no more vigilante-moderation, no more patronising comments on new mods and no more bullying of amateur modders.
I don´t get your point. What do you want to achieve.

Its time to take your meds mate. You should also keep your cat away from the breakfast table, it appears he's pissing in your cereal.

I don´t get your point. What do you want to achieve.
There is wealth of young talent out there being bullied and blocked from posting here due to some prominent posters. The modders who have released cars and a track that AC have actually made official are nowhere to be seen thanks to this clique of posters. The forum is sour and bitter. If you oppose, you're banned. It is not the RD I remember from my early days of sim racing.

Okay. READ OUR TERMS OF SERVICE !
http://www.racedepartment.com/pages/terms-of-service/

General rules

Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. This means you may not personally attack other forum users. malicious behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated. If there is a problem report it to the staff.

That said...STOP it NOW !
If not...reply ban. And if that doesn't help : Forum ban.

keep-calm-and-stay-on-topic-2.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back