Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Woops :whistling: That wasn't quite the plan. Nevermind.

Glad I modelled the underside now, knew it would come in handy :laugh::roflmao:

9s0uTGxh.jpg

PeH2oWxh.jpg

4n2SisAh.jpg

TOZ98N5h.jpg
Lesson 1: Don' t try to overtake a Formula 1 car in a corner with a Ford Transit. Wait for the next straight and do it there :laugh:

Didn't get much modding done as I got distracted by the fact my throttle pedal wasn't giving me 100% :O_o: So ended up taking them apart and cleaning the potentiometers - I celebrated a fully working throttle by sorting out a new set of V10 tyres and giving the S2 a blast with some of its friends! :D

Turns out these two are a pretty good match (at least with me in the van and AI at 98% in the BMW). Kept it behind for a whole Highland lap, and stuck within a couple seconds for the next. Always surprises me how fun this thing is - its really just a standard Transit with a big V8, but its such a laugh yet so competent. :cool:

fo2Pujz.jpg

UpQdxQg.jpg

YE6v5H5.jpg

Okay, you've had your fun. Now get back to work:p

Haha, will do! I often find it difficult to get stuck in and make decent progress unless I have a good amount of time to spend.

Last week or so (and the rest of this one) I've been on dog-sitting duties, so my spare time has been a little less than usual, meaning I often end up just driving instead of modding :D:rolleyes: And the way I see it, If I'm compelled to drive the van in my spare time then I must be doing something right :thumbsup:

Just writing a list of things left to do on the exterior, always a good feeling to tick them off!

You are doing it right!:thumbsup:

Comming along nicely. My hands are itching to get behind the wheel of that beauty. Not to mention the skin.

I have one itsi bitsi thing that I hope that you will add. Pretty.... Please.... Fluttering my eyelashes over my wett begging doggy eyes.

Lefthand drive. The ones I have been driving around in has that.

Happy modding

I couldn't ask for much more than that.

I will have it easier, when I get around to doing my Volvo Amazon. There is a wheel and pedals in both sides:geek:

And Kenny. I am not asking for the removal of the RH drive version.:whistling:

oh no! links are dead, google thingy... sometimes is messed up in forums

-or is it just me ? i'm logged on though

edit: that's awesome stuff :D
what software is that ?

Last edited:
Which software do you use?

I don't :D I'm not doing the analysis, I wouldn't know where to start! I think its OpenFoam(?) - I know the mesh needed simplified and prepared in a CAD environment. That took the bulk of the time, the actual CFD work is just beginning, but I'm super excited to see what it hold.

Early numbers seem good too, not a million miles off what I had previously but should hopefully help make matching Sabine's time more challenging as drag looks to be higher than my estimate ;)

Plus we're looking to implement the Fin to simulate drag and lift at yaw angles too :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing