Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Out now: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2005-ford-transit.22336/

First off, thanks to the RD staff for altering the forum so we can post and showcase our WIP mods. As a result of Kunos' decision to close the Modding Forums, I'll be posting the updates here from now on. If you want to view any of my old progress images, the old thread is here.

This is my first 3D model, first time with the physics, and first mod. I do intend to release it, but not till its finished, and that’s a long long way off. Please be patient, and remember that I’m still learning.

I am attempting to recreate the exact model that was famously featured on Top Gear, piloted by Sabine Schmitz in an effort to lap the Nordschleife Touristenfahrten in under 10 minutes.

2005 Ford Transit MK6
2.4L 140bhp Diesel (375NM @ 2000-2250rpm)
RWD Short Wheelbase with Low Roof
(Plus fictional (but not unrealistic) S2 + S3 models)

Sounds are being completed by @iRacer5, and are frankly awesome.

Currently the project is moving along quite nicely, with most of the physics nearing completion, with only final tweaks needed.
The model is also coming along well, with the exterior almost done (small details like wipers etc. left), and interior starting to take shape.

Here's a some recent(ish) images to allow you to see what sort of state the mod is in:

Onboard Lap of the Nordschleife:

Mjh1XPFh.jpg

uMHb1LEh.jpg

vXxFbPQh.jpg

qSz5ZOkh.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, I love this mod!

Can't wait to see it more completed.

Gary, did you buy Agisoft Photoscan yet? It'll be much better if you're gonna go with doing a quality photoscan of the Sport Ka.

Just got the free trial for now, I'm not too worried about a perfect scan, as I'll just be using it as a rough blue print essentially. Right now the models proportions are visibly off, thanks to pretty terrible blueprints.

Yeah blueprints deviations can be quite significant.

Also the Sport Ka has quite a lot of fairly complex curves that probably don't show up too well on blueprints either, so the 3D reference from photoscan will proably look pretty nice to work from!

Dave

While this mod looks beautifully done, it seems a bit of a waste of your talents! Like everybody, I will do a lap of the Nordschleife, but that's probably it.
I'm setting up a server running it 24/7 whenever it becomes available to us :D

I like the other projects aswell! SportKa would be fun to thrash around in :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%