Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Mod Edit: Off Topic removed. Please all: Stop it now. We've allready given him a 7 day ban. Thank you.

I'll be ready with the report button in a week then. he always comes back, starts out soft and it always ends like this. I'm almost 100% sure it is the same guy every time.

keep-calm-and-take-valium-14.png

Well that escalated quickly! :roflmao:

I think he does not like you

Reckon he's just jealous not to have beta access to the slow, slow Transit he so deeply desires :roflmao:

I have to admit, it's pretty funny stuff.

He talks about how these modders are 'stifling the new talent' etc etc. I was a new modder not so long ago, and those 'experienced modders' which are supposedly 'bullying and blocking' were actually hugely supportive and helpful, and I'm sure all the inexperienced modders who come here can agree.

Also, I'd like him to actually read my reply which I wrote to address his concerns, as seems he's just skimmed over it without letting my words sink in, and instantly began bashing me ('numbnuts Gary', 'poisonous presence', I think his words were?) instead of forming a thoughtful reply.

I think the concept of doing something out of sheer enjoyment and satisfaction rather that just gaining popularity and counting clicks is an alien concept to him. In the words of Donald Trump, "Sad." :roflmao:

Aaaanyway, back on topic to where we were before we were so rudely interrupted:

I don't think so yet. With the Mazda MX-5 you too notice practically no movement but the sensation of speed is much bigger, you can really throw it around. And if it still is too slow there are the S1/S2 versions for you. ;)
Yeah its a completely unique experience in AC - you sit quite high which makes placing the van precisely where you want it quite tricky to begin with. But you certainly can throw it around, and its a great challenge trying to keep the momentum whilst not letting the solid rear axle waste away power through the open diff.

And yes, I can guarantee the S2/3 versions are not too slow for anyone :D

Now I'm going to drink some tea... *drinks*.... .....*still drinking, very nice tea*.... and now I'm going to finish this sentence.

@garyjpaterson I have some questions regarding the physics.

Will it roll ? And, will it be much slower than Miata, with a four girls in it ? (in Miata, I understand there could fit much more girls in Transit, but this time Miata would need additional weight) :D

Looking very much for your future projects to get released, I was very surprised by Dallara, it is great. 10/10

Roll as in 'roll over'? Or just a lot of body roll? Because it has the latter, but I haven't been able to successfully achieve the former. I think it could have something to do with what Stereo brought up here:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-sensitivity-can-cause-negative-grip.43960/

And the tyres slip before you could ever roll it, not sure if that's an issue that can be fixed or its as designed.

As for whether its slower than the Miata? Let's see (I think the answer is yes :roflmao:).

Its similarly powered (though very very different way of power delivery), but around 700kg Heavier (and that's unladen).

My best time at Highlands Short in the Miata: 0:59.6
My best time at Highlands Short in the Transit: 1:04.5

^(99% grip btw)

Pics because on-topic :rolleyes:

6y6CI6gh.jpg

m0qi8W7h.jpg

Well that escalated quickly! :roflmao:

Reckon he's just jealous not to have beta access to the slow, slow Transit he so deeply desires :roflmao:

I have to admit, it's pretty funny stuff.

He talks about how these modders are 'stifling the new talent' etc etc. I was a new modder not so long ago, and those 'experienced modders' which are supposedly 'bullying and blocking' were actually hugely supportive and helpful, and I'm sure all the inexperienced modders who come here can agree.

Also, I'd like him to actually read my reply which I wrote to address his concerns, as seems he's just skimmed over it without letting my words sink in, and instantly began bashing me ('numbnuts Gary', 'poisonous presence', I think his words were?) instead of forming a thoughtful reply.

I think the concept of doing something out of sheer enjoyment and satisfaction rather that just gaining popularity and counting clicks is an alien concept to him. In the words of Donald Trump, "Sad." :roflmao:

Aaaanyway, back on topic to where we were before we were so rudely interrupted:

Yeah its a completely unique experience in AC - you sit quite high which makes placing the van precisely where you want it quite tricky to begin with. But you certainly can throw it around, and its a great challenge trying to keep the momentum whilst not letting the solid rear axle waste away power through the open diff.

And yes, I can guarantee the S2/3 versions are not too slow for anyone :D

Roll as in 'roll over'? Or just a lot of body roll? Because it has the latter, but I haven't been able to successfully achieve the former. I think it could have something to do with what Stereo brought up here:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...er-sensitivity-can-cause-negative-grip.43960/

And the tyres slip before you could ever roll it, not sure if that's an issue that can be fixed or its as designed.

As for whether its slower than the Miata? Let's see (I think the answer is yes :roflmao:).

Its similarly powered (though very very different way of power delivery), but around 700kg Heavier (and that's unladen).

My best time at Highlands Short in the Miata: 0:59.6

^(99% grip btw)

6y6CI6gh.jpg

m0qi8W7h.jpg

Would setting the CG at a higher point help? I've definitely rolled cars in AC (more times than I care to admit). Disable auto recovery in the options.ini
and roll a ldf car at 260 kmh and it will keep rolling, and rolling, and rolling...

Would setting the CG at a higher point help? I've definitely rolled cars in AC (more times than I care to admit). Disable auto recovery in the options.ini
and roll a ldf car at 260 kmh and it will keep rolling, and rolling, and rolling...

CoG is as per the data :) its actually very unusual to find data for CoG for cars, but for whatever reason there is a document with this for the dozens of Transit variants. Has weight distribution too :)

And I should add that the CoG is still quite high, about 0.76m IIRC.

Hang on, even I got a mention? WTF? The last mod I made was the most brilliant thing ever made for AC, it got infinity downloads, made men tumescent across the globe and caused the ladies to ovulate!

Oh wait, I have never made a mod. :D

+12 points for use of 'tumescent' in a sentence.

Anyway, you've all totally missed the gravy train I think. I've been moonlighting as a Russian paymod seller for the last 18 months, it's like owning a money printer.

Last edited:
beyond just being things I like/want to drive, It's honestly a simple question for me, "is anyone else likely to make it?" if no, then go for it. AC's got a big enough car catalogue and prospects of dozens more official content in the future that I don't see any point risking overlap when it can just as easily be avoided. The FC's the most likely of the stuff I'm working on for that to happen to and I started it before Mazda was licensed, if I remember the timing right.

That said if thousands of people want to pay me $5 each to make a F1 car then I'd totally be up for that lol. I just don't see it happening the other way around (make mod, then get paid)

^(99% grip btw)

6y6CI6gh.jpg
As someone who drove various Transit models from the 1970's through to this century around the "highlands" this should be fun.
As to the other matter, he seems to have a bee in his bonnet regarding you guys, strange.
@mantasisg I've been away for the week till yesterday which is why I hadn't stepped in before, but I watch the thread waiting for the release, but thanks for the heads up:thumbsup:.
Gary et al. I would suggest in future not engaging with the guy as it's not going to lead anywhere constructive. Whereas you could be spending that time doing something useful, like emmm I'm sure you can think if something;)

Oh man, I'm late to the party! sorry, I was wasting my life doing 3D, so I've missed all the excitement and fulfilling experience of having an argument with some 10 year old kid.

This is the kind of bull**** that made me go away from all the FB mod groups, amongst other subjects that it's not worth bring them to the table here (funny, had an argument similar to this not long ago on one of those groups, so I think I know who this kid is).
Some people just can't face the fact that some of us actually enjoy creating this kind of content, we learn something from the experience, and we can have a life in the meantime. It's like too much for them to handle, "oh wait, here's some talented guy who's doing this without getting paid, but it's not doing a car I like, so let's talk him down then".

Go Gary GO! :)

If this would be a paid mod, i wouldn't even hesitate. Can't wait for the release! Don't listen to those useless prats that try to tear you down, Go Gary GO! :D

Yeah, I feel stupid for even paying attention to that sort of things, next time it is going to be either ignore or report.

I really loved to race Miatas in ALOOG, seems slow but makes for such a fantastic online battles, also very good for improving close battle skills, I found so much to learn.

I feel that Transit would make even closer battles, and it would be just something completely different, I'll pursue online battles with this car, I think it would be nice to do it with Dallara too.

Have I seen, somewhere that you will do a little bit tuned Transit version ? Or I'm mixing something up ?

Didn't get much modding done as I got distracted by the fact my throttle pedal wasn't giving me 100% :O_o: So ended up taking them apart and cleaning the potentiometers - I celebrated a fully working throttle by sorting out a new set of V10 tyres and giving the S2 a blast with some of its friends! :D

Turns out these two are a pretty good match (at least with me in the van and AI at 98% in the BMW). Kept it behind for a whole Highland lap, and stuck within a couple seconds for the next. Always surprises me how fun this thing is - its really just a standard Transit with a big V8, but its such a laugh yet so competent. :cool:

fo2Pujz.jpg

UpQdxQg.jpg

YE6v5H5.jpg

Well if these two can match, then Miata will need a step version lol

Have I seen, somewhere that you will do a little bit tuned Transit version ? Or I'm mixing something up ?
Yeah you could consider the S2 version 'a little bit tuned' :D. Its a lot of fun, seriously wild but surprisingly easy to drive, very instinctive (like the old Maserati's, you don't 'think' about counter-steering, its all done by 'feel'.)

I'll upload a onboard video that hopefully shows off the upgrade it offers over the standard van. Will post it tomorrow :)

A S1 version which would be an equal opponent to the miata would be great!
Its a good shout, I have S2/3 planned already, but perhaps some light tuning could allow them to battle closely.

KSniWqFh.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years