I voted Kimi, because I don't think he'll be winning many more races after this season.

Maxs' drive was sublime, but I'm sure he'll get plenty more drivers of the day as he developes.

Lewis was on fire, strategy cooked his goose, they knew they had to do something or Kimi was going to bag it. Definitely should've pitted him 4 laps sooner... He would've come out if not in front of max, on his gearbox... I'm not saying the outcome would've been any different but that indicision cost them.

YOU TALK NONSENS, but we get used to IT!:laugh::laugh: Focus on Renault and the FIA!

Where is the nonsens you say?!! U honestly believe Crashtappen is better than Daniel?? Daniel has kicked the kids ass every time he had a car free of problems. Max qualy means nothing when you have a team providing him the best support and engine parts!!! Get over it once and for all.

Only an idiot cant see RedBull is japerdising Daniels sucess for ages and even more since he sign for Renault!

Max is miles away from beating Daniel on track

Last edited:
Where is the nonsens you say?!! U honestly believe Crashtappen is better than Daniel?? Daniel has kicked the kids ass every time he had a car free of problems. Max qualy means nothing when you have a team providing him the best support and engine parts!!! Get over it once and for all.

Only an idiot cant see RedBull is japerdising Daniels sucess for ages and even more since he sign for Renault!

Max is miles away from beating Daniel on track
You want the last words, well you may have it!

Well that's just your opinion. I've seen evidence this season, and last for that matter, that made me think that for a substantial number of races the Ferrari was simply the faster car in dry conditions. In some cases by quite a margin.

For me, after Spa, the season looked over with Ferrari cruising.

If Michael Schumacher had spent his entire season at Minardi then he would not have won a race or a WDC. If Vettel had not driven for Red Bull between 2009 and 2012 he would not have won any WDCs. If Fernando Alonso had driven for McLaren between 2015 and 2018 he would not have ... oh wait.

What's your point?

It amuses me that the people who shout things like 'fanboy' and 'bias' the loudest are often, well, throwing stones from the most fragile of glass houses.

You make the mistake of assuming i am coming at this as a Schumi or Vettel fan.... I agree totally with you about those other drivers, hence why Alonso is an also ran now.
In every case it is who is in the best car, which is also why you get WDC alongside WCC......
The real stars of F1 are the men and women who design and engineer the actual things they are driving around in....

So yes you made my point for me...

Jenson Button add him to that list also. totally lucked into Ross Brawns genius move (dodgy rule bending to some)..

I am a fan of the engineers and the teams.... the drivers could be pretty much anyone. Most get to F1 from simply having loads of money chucked at them, Senna was no different.

Lewis pretends to be from the mean streets of the Bronx, but it doesn't mean it is true....

Stroll is a good example, if any one of us had a Dad who got us the best karts, purchased a GP2 team just for us with 10 ex Ferrari mechanics etc etc, gave 20 million to Williams for personal simulator and a year traveling the world using an ex Williams F1 car with all the technical staff and driver training etc etc........ we to could be in F1.....
In Strolls case the amount of support he has had he should be much much better....but truth is in a Merc he would be much better....... simply for the car.
F1 is all about the technical genius of the cars.......

But but.... Lewis is "cool"....apparently

To whom it may concern - I've edited my post here:
F1 US Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!
so....
feel free to change your rating there now.

Asap.
e2c496f53a9eeb2d0c27d35ea577e0e7--people-posts.jpg

Whoever was the best driver today, yesterday or tomorrow. Hamilton will still be the champion. Exactly this fact is a little insulting. Dont misunderstand me, i'm not saying that he did not deserve, but nonetheless:sneaky:

The real stars of F1 are the men and women who design and engineer the actual things they are driving around in....

I am a fan of the engineers and the teams.... the drivers could be pretty much anyone. Most get to F1 from simply having loads of money chucked at them, Senna was no different.

Yet your posts focus on insulting drivers rather than complimenting engineers and designers.

EDIT and you also agreed with post #2 on this thread 'Verstappen by a country mile' as driver of the day.

Would his drive to 2nd place not be a result of Adrian Newey's genius car design, rather than Verstappen's driving? Surely, in your opinion, who drove that car was irrelevant, it was always going to finish second?

After all, if he'd been driving a McLaren, he'd have finished pretty much where he started.

for the Dutch speaking Verstappen fans :)

Dont know if it has English subtitles
but its a editing of a dutch police serie and Max getting 3 fine's and a course to follow that will cost you € 1000 and 3 workday's

At the end when driving off he calls the cop the same as he called gary connelly after the last year race on COTA :)

Last edited:
Hello - yep - I just meant that in some cases it seemed that the advantage Ferrari had over Mercedes was quite large - more than could be made up for by driving talent, for example.

Although I'd probably list Monza amongst them...
I was hoping you won't say that :( Now I need to ask for another explanation, again bolded?

Just to clear, I am confused on meaning of that expression since I never saw Ferrari had advantage on Merc, as for example Merc had on Ferrari in Spain this year (talking about last 2 years)

EDIT: except maybe Monaco last season.

Wasn't Spa this year an example of that? Vettel cruised past Hamilton easily, beat him by 11 seconds, beat Verstappen in 3rd by half a minute, and Bottas in 4th by over a minute.

It looked like Ferrari had the fastest car that day to me.

Yet your posts focus on insulting drivers rather than complimenting engineers and designers.

EDIT and you also agreed with post #2 on this thread 'Verstappen by a country mile' as driver of the day.

Would his drive to 2nd place not be a result of Adrian Newey's genius car design, rather than Verstappen's driving? Surely, in your opinion, who drove that car was irrelevant, it was always going to finish second?

After all, if he'd been driving a McLaren, he'd have finished pretty much where he started.

Huh? Where did i say Max by a country mile? I said the Merc is a faster better car than the Red Bull by a country mile...
If Max was in a McLaren he would of been at the back most of the race yes, maybe a top ten if things went his way. But also we can safely say if Max was in the Merc he could be at the very front a lot more than Bottas.
In racing at this level you must be in the right car to have any chance of wining races let alone WDC...
To say otherwise is monumentally silly and frankly a bit immature...
It's common knowledge that Newey was the king maker for a lot of divers over the years... All that Red Bull needed was a Merc engine, and not the customer engine, the engines Lewis gets to use...

Huh? Where did i say Max by a country mile? I said the Merc is a faster better car than the Red Bull by a country mile...

agree.jpg

If Max was in a McLaren he would of been at the back most of the race yes, maybe a top ten if things went his way. But also we can safely say if Max was in the Merc he could be at the very front a lot more than Bottas.
In racing at this level you must be in the right car to have any chance of wining races let alone WDC...
To say otherwise is monumentally silly and frankly a bit immature...

I'm not arguing otherwise at all.

I just don't understand your standpoint. You claim to be a fan of the engineers and teams, but are quite vitriolic about the people who drive their cars.

Unless they're Max Verstappen.

View attachment 275241

I'm not arguing otherwise at all.

I just don't understand your standpoint. You claim to be a fan of the engineers and teams, but are quite vitriolic about the people who drive their cars.

Unless they're Max Verstappen.

Find one bit of vitriol towards a driver from me on this thread then......

And i think on balance in this one race i'd say Max for driver of the day simply for keeping Lewis at bay when Lewis has the better car by a mile...
I did not even vote as these votes are so pointless anyway i means literally NOTHING.

I'll be waiting for these quotes from me being abusive to drivers in this thread...

Max at the end of the day is in the 3rd best car. So i do expect him to be getting top 5's and podiums if others mess up.
Max like the rest in a McLaren would be stumbling around scrapping for top 15 top 10 finishes....
I would relish a more equal fight between them all, but the sport of F1 is an engineering challenge, the drivers are simply another part, some are better than others, but like with Bottas the right car can make you up so much ground on others who are better than you...
The drivers are there for the fans to get wet over, but the true stars are the cars...
This is why things like BoP exist in other series...
This why if i challenged you to a fun hot lap competion on say Assetto Corsa around sliverstone and i got to drive a GT3 car and you drove a Camen GT4, i'd beat your time easily..... but would it be fair to say i was better sim driver than you?

Wasn't Spa this year an example of that? Vettel cruised past Hamilton easily, beat him by 11 seconds, beat Verstappen in 3rd by half a minute, and Bottas in 4th by over a minute.

Most likely, so surely when Lewis does the same he has the fastest car of the day....or does it not count with Lewis?
When he wins its him, when he loses its the Merc...

Ah yes, thanks, completely forgot about it. :thumbsup:
I won't change and bold different parts of quotes to avoid going even more of topic. Still trying to decide between Kimi and Max for vote. :)

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%