Some still forget his 22 podiums, at An age Hamilton had'nt even seen a F1 car!

12.jpg

Unfortunately, because there are some VERY opinionated MV fans on this forum, who are insistent that he can do no wrong, that he is the messiah, the chosen one of Formula 1, I find it almost impossible to vote for him in a pole like this - sad but true :whistling:
I am a Max fan as well, but he makes mistakes, as all drivers do. I also think he made more mistakes than normal at the beginning of this season, but had a great comeback from that. And I am sure he is going to make mistakes again. And yes, some people here may see everything through ‘orange glasses’ and Max can’t do anything wrong, but that can happen when you are a big fan of a certain driver. What I do not understand is that some people on this forum constantly talk bad about Max (or any other driver they don’t like), even when his performance was great and did nothing wrong. I also think some drivers are worse than others, but I don’t see an added value on this forum to constantly trash them. This thread is about the best driver of the GP, not about trashing drivers you don’t like.

Btw, this post is not directed at you Fat-Alfie, but more a general frustration I have more and more visiting these forums and especially the F1 related threads.

Nice post @pcraenme , and I agree completely with what you said. I guess it is the nature of motor sport fans to either defend their 'hero' regardless of their performance, and likewise to attack the 'competition' regardless of how well they have done too.

I have never like Vettel (with his 'finger' and 'blue flags, guys!!') but I have started to feel kind of sorry for him over the last few races. He has made a few small mistakes that could have gone either way, but has been heavily criticised for his driving of late, rather unfairly. Vettel fans seem quite pragmatic, though, and seem to acknowledge his flaws.

Unfortunately, a few Verstappen fans here seem unable to see his faults and constantly bang on about his amazing skill, or how much better than his team mate he is, or how his penalties have been unfair (in their opinion), and I just get sick and tired of seeing the same comments from the same people. I guess I should just learn to ignore them, or hit the 'ignore' button :unsure:

@Fat-Alfie Thanks, and I think we are on the same page here. I am Dutch, so watch all the F1 related shows on Dutch TV, and commentators and guests in these shows are also almost always big Max fans and seldom say any negative thing about him, which can give quite a distorted picture. And it is also very interesting to hear that these same commentators and guests say now that Max learned a lot this year and changed his driving style. These same people said at the difficult beginning of the season that Max shouldn’t change a thing. Btw, even Max was saying that himself at the beginning of the season, but of course you are not going to say in front of all the cameras that you are going to change your driving style... I think none of the current F1 drivers would say/admit that. There was a skype interview with Jos Verstappen on Dutch TV yesterday, and even he admitted that Max had learned a lot and changed his driving style. And as a fan of Max... I agree. Max has become a better driver this year, probably by making these mistakes at the beginning of the season.

As for Vettel... same here... he had an interview with Olav Mol on Dutch TV last GP weekend and he really is a nice guy and one of the best F1 drivers. There are also some things I don’t like about him, but that is the same for other drivers... even for Max.

Well Fat-a, the opinions from ex F1 racers and inside F1ers count, not from a TVer, and a poor simracer.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: You only look at his mistakes, well they arein the past. Post something positive or SHUTUP:poop:

How old are you?

12..?
He made a small mistake, Ham was 3e, so who lost? I don't want to name him a looser!
If you love racing you don't bang racers, but respect them in there sport!
I would'nt even bang Stroll or any other driver, why? I can't do it better atall.
Some respect for all racers would be in place, so for godssake THINK!

Whatever opinions about MV, good or no so, the lad is constantly the talk of the town. The most gossiped about F1 driver right or wrong - this is one of the reason he's the 3rd highest paid driver in the world already. That is no short change.

Nice post @pcraenme , and I agree completely with what you said. I guess it is the nature of motor sport fans to either defend their 'hero' regardless of their performance, and likewise to attack the 'competition' regardless of how well they have done too.

I have never like Vettel (with his 'finger' and 'blue flags, guys!!') but I have started to feel kind of sorry for him over the last few races. He has made a few small mistakes that could have gone either way, but has been heavily criticised for his driving of late, rather unfairly. Vettel fans seem quite pragmatic, though, and seem to acknowledge his flaws.

Unfortunately, a few Verstappen fans here seem unable to see his faults and constantly bang on about his amazing skill, or how much better than his team mate he is, or how his penalties have been unfair (in their opinion), and I just get sick and tired of seeing the same comments from the same people. I guess I should just learn to ignore them, or hit the 'ignore' button :unsure:

The problem of the whole story is that some people not accept Max Verstappen in this sport!
All nonsense, always Max fault also in Japan. Where it is clear that Vettel put his car in Max car the vote here on Racedepartment make it very clear..or have you forgotten Only you complains

Ex Formula 1 drivers praise him.. what I said the list is long
with knowledge of business
only you complains
You know it all so well? right?

I defend Max. And yes, I like Max, not only because he comes from my country. But I love that type of racers ..... like Mansell .. Senna .. aggressive and never give up.
at the beginning of this year he had a hard time wanting to win but the Renault was not fast enough.
He went wrong a few times. but certainly not all mistakes were his fault. After France he only drove well against a faster Ferrari and Mercedes. you can only have respect for him on his age of 20
the media and non fans burn him off completely.
he never broke but showed it.
What do you think? that he had everything for free?
He work hard with his father in go karts year after year after year I follow him at that time through Europe. People forget what comes next.

a good discussion is okay but I treat you the way you treat me. And I am tired of reading the same things every week here about crashstappen bullshit.

No hard feelings at all
we love our sport and we have our favorite drivers

Amen

The problem of the whole story is that some people not accept Max Verstappen in this sport!
All nonsense, always Max fault also in Japan. Where it is clear that Vettel put his car in Max car the vote here on Racedepartment make it very clear..or have you forgotten Only you complains

Ex Formula 1 drivers praise him.. what I said the list is long
with knowledge of business
only you complains
You know it all so well? right?

I defend Max. And yes, I like Max, not only because he comes from my country. But I love that type of racers ..... like Mansell .. Senna .. aggressive and never give up.
at the beginning of this year he had a hard time wanting to win but the Renault was not fast enough.
He went wrong a few times. but certainly not all mistakes were his fault. After France he only drove well against a faster Ferrari and Mercedes. you can only have respect for him on his age of 20
the media and non fans burn him off completely.
he never broke but showed it.
What do you think? that he had everything for free?
He work hard with his father in go karts year after year after year I follow him at that time through Europe. People forget what comes next.

a good discussion is okay but I treat you the way you treat me. And I am tired of reading the same things every week here about crashstappen bullshit.

No hard feelings at all
we love our sport and we have our favorite drivers

Amen

Max, Senna, Mansel.....
...Wait...h...ha..I..I jus..I justaaaaa
ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa
Ha haaaaa he heyyyy
Ohhh...myyy....ufff..
...h...he...sorry..
I'm sorry...

That... that was just...haaa...

hilarious!!!

And Max isn't to blame for all his mistakes...he he heyyyyyy lol

...God... I need you guys to keep going cause it's better than fricking Jackass sh*t

Hahaaa.. gotta love seeing people shoot their own foot again and again..You guys are great seriously

Long leave these kidos!!!!

Last edited:
Max, Senna, Mansel.....
...Wait...h...ha..I..I jus..I justaaaaa
ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa
Ha haaaaa he heyyyy
Ohhh...myyy....ufff..
...h...he...sorry..
I'm sorry...

That... that was just...haaa...

hilarious!!!

And Max isn't to blame for all his mistakes...he he heyyyyyy lol

...God... I need you guys to keep going cause it's better than fricking Jackass sh*t

Hahaaa.. gotta love seeing people shoot their own foot again and again..You guys are great seriously

Long leave these kidos!!!!
. So and you are grownup, reading the above, does not look like it

OK so the anti-Max (and anti-Appie and anti-Muzikant) sentiment seems to have gone a bit far now and I'm sorry if I was part of it.

I know how good he is, I can see it, But much like Schumacher before him, the hype train took off before he did, and for me it really does get boring.

I do think he's Mansell-like, the lion, the never say die attitude. Even as a die-hard Mansell fan I remember times like Phoenix '91 in an ailing Williams, with Patrese catching him at 2 seconds a lap, Mansell still weaving all over the pit straight, blocking him. His team mate, in a car that worked, compared to his that was broken, and he still blocked him. Even I was thinking 'no, Nigel, don't do that'.

And, much like Senna, Max is learning close racing by making mistakes and causing accidents. I believe he is too aggressive wheel to wheel, and I think the penalties he receives are justified. He just doesn't appear to have taken the hint yet.

So the hype, the acclaim for Max, I can just about live with. But the blind defence of his youthful aggression, I can't.

I'm sure a lot of ex-F1 drivers do think he's going to be great. But I'm also sure a lot of the current ones think he's dangerous. Lewis Hamilton had his car half way into New Mexico when trying to run alongside him.

Sure Max made and makes mistakes, also did great things on track.Everyone has an opinion, thats fine, but some overhere keep on going on his mistakes, only that!
And that's why Muzikant and me respond, no more no less. I hate the onfrindly hype overhere!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.