Kimi made it, finally! :D
A long awaited victory, which also let an embarassing Vettel :)mad:) to hope for a miracle for another weekend...

On the other hand, Max Verstappen made an almost perfect race, starting from the back of the grid. Kudos to him also to keep Hamilton behind.

Hard choice, but the tifoso Ferrari prevails, so... I vote for iceman Kimi Raikkonen :cool:

Totally agree with these last comments, realistically what verstappen did was more impressive, but I voted raikkonen cause he was long due a win and even today he did a great job as well, keeping hamilton behind with much older tyres before pitting, not making any mistake and defending till the end for 10 laps from verstappen and hamilton.

Watching Lewis in a faster, better car by a country mile get his are handed to him on a plate by Max was best part of the race....

If Lewis moaned about Merc strategy then maybe he should remember if it were not for Merc he'd still be a once WDC...

Watching Lewis in a faster, better car by a country mile get his are handed to him on a plate by Max was best part of the race....

If Lewis moaned about Merc strategy then maybe he should remember if it were not for Merc he'd still be a once WDC...
Can you say this for sure? I believe he could deliver the title in the Ferrari that Vettle keeps spinning. Lewis is well on his way to becoming the greatest. Max was awesome today did really well to hold of Lewis but why would Lewis risk it all against Max? Stupid comment from typical Lewis haters, i never used to be too keen on him but never denied his talent... But all the hate he gets is unjustified and I would be the same if half of the public acted like this. So now I consider myself a Lewis fan he's a living legend very probably better than all before him. You are witnesses to greatness so may as well enjoy it now because in 50 years he will still be regarded as the best and you'll all be talking about this era.

Close call between Max and Kimi.
Max did an impressive job to hold Lewis back, cleanly!, with his worn out super softs!
But Kimi just showed that he still got it with an awesome job all around while still being wingman!
How can you get 9 agrees and I 9 disagrees when we said the basically the same thing ? :laugh:
Kimi.
Maxxx.

Vettel.
My list of worst drivers of the race:
Bottas
Lewis (or was is just a strategy I wonder:rolleyes:)
Grosjean (again), Stroll (yup, once again)
People of Racedepartment.... :laugh:

How can you get 9 agrees and I 9 disagrees when we said the basically the same thing ? :laugh:

It's about not mentioning the parts of your opinion which the mainstream doesn't want to hear. Lol!
BTW, I agree with you!

Vettel: nice hunt although his mistake, again, against ric wasn't "world class" to be honest.
Hamilton just couldn't get it done against first Kimi, then Max. When you watch the qualy lap side by side comparison you see that the merc is slower on the straights and I honestly think it was the wrong setup for a 2 stop strategy!
Ham was flying close through the fast corners but couldn't find a gap...

Bottas: he let's Vettel through so close to the finish... Honestly? He had nothing to lose. Just block that guy behind! (easier said than done but you get what I mean)...
Grosjean... Grrrrr. I just got F1 TV Pro and had leclerc pov setup as the biggest video window and then this happens.. What a shame and a total Rookie mistake (not F1 Rookie, general Rookie...) and stroll.. Well...
I discussed that one with a friend and it basically came down that the problem wasn't stroll going for that line (which would mean Alonso should've given him a bit more space) but to the fact that he only got to that side by side situation because he was too fast for that corner! He should've been a little bit slower, trying to dodge the bump and therefore be a tiny bit behind Alonso.

So I agree, I would trade with you to make it 50/50 for both of us but I can't cheat ratings :unsure::roflmao:

I already gave your answer.
Vettel is one of the best even though he caused a stupid accident that cost him the race, while Lewis is one of the worst even though he lost on strategy. Do you actually think you two said the same thing? Did you honestly expect people to agree with you?

And again: Vettel making a stupid mistake in a fight with a car that he could have easily outperformed next lap. RIC gives him all the space out there and he runs into RIC and then spins. Senna and Schumacher would have had their fun with his mistakes this year. VET reminds me a lot of good old Damon Hill.

HAM could have easily won the championship in this Ferrari and also VER.

I am more and sure there is something wrong that we all don't know and maybe future will tell.

What Verstappen did is commonplace this year. One of the 3 big teams starts from the back and within a few laps they are up at the front. No big deal, unfortunately. All he did yesterday was what was expected of him.

Verstappen has done it, Hamilton has done it, as have Vettel and Ricciardo. All we were witness to was evidence of the clear two-tier performance levels of this year's cars.

What Verstappen did is commonplace this year. One of the 3 big teams starts from the back and within a few laps they are up at the front. No big deal, unfortunately. All he did yesterday was what was expected of him.

Verstappen has done it, Hamilton has done it, as have Vettel and Ricciardo. All we were witness to was evidence of the clear two-tier performance levels of this year's cars.
Agree, only want to ad something, Max has great skills saving his tires, and that he can race on his tires longer then everybody else!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 83 90.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.5%