F1 US Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
USGP Driver of the Day.jpg

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment award of 'Driver of the Day' from the United States Grand Prix.

A thrilling race and a title fight still going strong, the US Grand Prix was one of the more impressive Formula One races of 2018, finishing off with a surprise victor, plenty of incidents and some close racing - but who do you think deserves the accolade of best driver this weekend?

Voting is open now!

Max racing for his own good, Kimi acted as a wingman for Vettel and winning the race at the same time! Who does that? Not even Bottas can do that for Lewis! Just move over push overs! Kimi's day today! Cheers!

RasmusP

Premium
Close call between Max and Kimi.
Max did an impressive job to hold Lewis back, cleanly!, with his worn out super softs!

But Kimi just showed that he still got it with an awesome job all around while still being wingman!

Last edited:
Best site in whole internet - theRaceDepartment. @@
And I don't mean strictly on games but rather the whole life.
I used to go to church now I just come here for some ...inner peace.
Peace out.
dove-of-peace_1f54a.png

Last edited:
No contest here.. . .I like Kimi a lot a well deserved win but the fact is Vettel is faster with the same car most times so this should be standard for him.. ... Where Max now.... From back making overtaking moves holding of Lewis, making tires last.(SS tyres) .. Being consistently fast race after race ...

If anything Lewis made Kimi and Max look good as he was a bit too carefull knowing both had nothing to lose and a championship at hand
Kimi will get votes because he's much more liked..

Personal preference will win the vote here

My vote goes to Max

Last edited:

Mantas Jokubauskas

Casual Gamepad Enjoyer
Well, it is a difficult decision.
Kimi Raikkonen did a magnificent job defending and a very great race overall, finally not getting screwed by Ferrari strategy (which turned out to be actually great, ironically). Awesome race for him.
Max Verstappen also did a magnificent job, getting back to P2 from P18 - although he got help from Ricciardo (DNF while ahead), Vettel (I mean seriously, what was he doing there) and Hamilton (with a strategic bump), but he did a superb job defending from Hamilton at the end.
In the end, my heart still went with Kimi - the guy finally gets his deserved win.
Honorable mentions would be to Hamilton and Vettel also, and also Hulkenberg/Sainz - kept it clean and got a nice P6-P7.

Kimi.
Maxxx.
Vettel.

My list of worst drivers of the race:
Bottas
Lewis (or was is just a strategy I wonder:rolleyes:)
Grosjean (again), Stroll (yup, once again)

Merc has this "Pit Wall" series ongoing on youtube where you can ask your questions on their social media. I really feel the need to ask why do the opposite of Ferrari multiple times? If Kimi didn't pit, then why not do the same and not pit too?

People say Ferrari got the strategy bang on this time. I say it's just ego and mind games between the two garages just because they can. I mean, people just praise who won the race, but what if they lost on the same strategy? They will crucify them for that I am sure.

k_badam

Yer Nan
Kimi.
Maxxx.
Vettel.

My list of worst drivers of the race:
Bottas
Lewis (or was is just a strategy I wonder:rolleyes:)
Grosjean (again), Stroll (yup, once again)

That's bullshit, Vettel span the bloody car by himself, no way you can rank him with Max and Kimi even if he did have to make those places back, not saying his race was bad but he wasn't a driver of the day. I also don't get how you've said Vettel was one of the better drivers this week and Hamilton one of the worst, his race wasn't amazing but it wasn't all that bad, fair enough the strategy was a bit suspect but that isn't really Hamilton's fault, the team told him to box.

I voted for Kimi, a well controlled win that provided excitement.

Max racing for his own good, Kimi acted as a wingman for Vettel and winning the race at the same time! Who does that? Not even Bottas can do that for Lewis! Just move over push overs! Kimi's day today! Cheers!

I am happy for Kimi but Max comes from place 18!!! to place 2 with underpowered Renault and a fast rocketship behind him with fresh tyres.. But what a race today realy enjoy. One of the best races this year

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%