OK so the anti-Max (and anti-Appie and anti-Muzikant) sentiment seems to have gone a bit far now and I'm sorry if I was part of it.

I know how good he is, I can see it, But much like Schumacher before him, the hype train took off before he did, and for me it really does get boring.

I do think he's Mansell-like, the lion, the never say die attitude. Even as a die-hard Mansell fan I remember times like Phoenix '91 in an ailing Williams, with Patrese catching him at 2 seconds a lap, Mansell still weaving all over the pit straight, blocking him. His team mate, in a car that worked, compared to his that was broken, and he still blocked him. Even I was thinking 'no, Nigel, don't do that'.

And, much like Senna, Max is learning close racing by making mistakes and causing accidents. I believe he is too aggressive wheel to wheel, and I think the penalties he receives are justified. He just doesn't appear to have taken the hint yet.

So the hype, the acclaim for Max, I can just about live with. But the blind defence of his youthful aggression, I can't.

I'm sure a lot of ex-F1 drivers do think he's going to be great. But I'm also sure a lot of the current ones think he's dangerous. Lewis Hamilton had his car half way into New Mexico when trying to run alongside him.

Nice to hear that you are also was a fan from Nigel Mansell. Nigel was one of the drivers who should have won more world championships. But....always to much bad luck for him on strange ways. I realy like his lion heart!

I dont like Max not always... begin of the season I cursed him. But now he is on his way..... but racing is racing in a split second you can make a mistake. Weak point from Max he is a boss.... with a ego. Cross my fingers for sunday in the first narrow bend. But Senna and Lewis are also egoist. It has to be like this it is their strength.

MAX WILL ALWAYS BE UNDER A MAGNIFYING GLAS

Jos Verstappen knows: 'Max will always be under a magnifying glass' Published on October 24, 2018 SHARE TWEET 0 REACTIONS
Jos Verstappen spoke after the Grand Prix of the United States, in which his son Max drove sensibly from P18 to P2, his vision about the season of the Red Bull Racing driver and the future with Honda.

Although Max Verstappen has been virtually flawless since the Canadian Grand Prix, father Jos has not forgotten the first phase of the season. "Max just did some things that went wrong," says Verstappen senior in the AD. 'I will never forget that catch-up action on Lewis Hamilton in China. Hamilton did the same in Austin, but you do not hear anyone about that. In that respect, Max will always be under a magnifying glass because he is young and then these kinds of actions may not be against a greatness, but Max shows that it is possible. '

"I think that Max has grown a lot this season," continues the first Dutch driver to take the podium in Formula 1. "He talks a lot more with his engineer and has things more under control. He knows better what is important and what is not important. '

The future is called Honda
Verstappen booked this season with three Grands Prix to go already eight podium places, most of his still young career. Jos Verstappen thinks that there is still a lot to be seen. Perhaps this season, after all, Verstappen junior can be fourth in the World Championship at the expense of Mercedes-driver Valtteri Bottas. "That certainly says something about Max," says the former driver of Benetton, Simtek, Arrows, Tyrell and Stewart. "But that also says something about Bottas. Max is in a flow and he just has to hold it. '

Next season, Red Bull Racing will trade the Renault engine for that of Honda. Jos Verstappen is hopeful that the eight podium places of this season will not be Max's career record. 'Those figures are not really that important, but I hope that next season with Honda he will be able to take a lot more podium places. Although it is still a little early to say something about the next season, we have of course seen the numbers of Honda and we know how good they are at Toro Rosso in qualifying. So yes, we are hopeful.

Do not expect anything from me. I tread you like you tread me :thumbsup:
You must be tyred of all this banter muzikant. You need to get a grip and try not to compound the problem. And chill out. I don't have a favorite f1 driver, I like them all. ;):thumbsup:

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but in the coverage of the drivers room immediately after the race, with Max sat next to Kimi, Max said to someone 'and I get to stay this time'.

Made me chuckle.
Yeah, it is nice when all 3 podium finishers are relaxed in that room. Which was easy now: Kimi won, Max didn't get the penalty, Lewis didn't have to look his title rival, everyone are happy and then we get some of those funny moments.

Kimi asking Lewis "Did you get the championship?", and Max with that "I get to stay this time?" :roflmao:

Yeah, it is nice when all 3 podium finishers are relaxed in that room. Which was easy now: Kimi won, Max didn't get the penalty, Lewis didn't have to look his title rival, everyone are happy and then we get some of those funny moments.

Kimi asking Lewis "Did you get the championship?", and Max with that "I get to stay this time?" :roflmao:

Lewis should have replied 'Yes, 3 more times than you".

The one question no one has asked, but what was that suit Danny Ric was wearing?

Faux blue jeans and cowboy boots combo? They should have gone the full Texan and painted his car to look like a horse (complete with tail flapping in the breeze).

Majestic :D

Andy is rather closer to 112 than twelve. Sadly. :D
Btw...
keep-calm-and-hate-fanboys-600-800-black-white.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering