F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

That's what I'd of thought but for me atleast the '3' doesn't exist in the williams.erp. Does it for you or anyone else?
This is everything I have to do with the number 3 in my Williams.erp file

u81OzuO.png

Exactly the same as he said before, so if you wanted to put Ricciardo over Massa, then find the '3' texture in the Williams erp file, export it, and import it over the '19' texture in the erp file.

The '3' texture won't exist in the Williams font

How would I go around changing the number to one of a driver that already exists ie Daniel Ricciardo's No. 3 on a Williams in the Williams font and colour?

You will have to get one of the 30s textures ('30' or '31' etc) and photoshop it to just the '3' and centre it. Remember to change the alpha layer as well.

This is everything I have to do with the number 3 in my Williams.erp file

u81OzuO.png
Yeah it wont be there as those numbers are for career mode and in career mode you can only choose numbers that aren't in use for current drivers e.g. there is also no number 5 as Vettel uses it.
Try editing the 9 out of 93 and overwrite (depending on the driver Ricciardo is replacing) no.19 for Massa or 77 for Bottas.

I found a tutorial on how to change drivers but the AI of the driver does not change? So i want Hamilton in a Mclaren. Is it only possible to use Alonsos/Buttons AI in the Mclarens and vice versa only Hamiltons/Rosbergs AI in the Merc? Or can i edit/switch AIs also beside names?

Thanks

Reactions: Jap
Is there any way to increase brightness and/or amount of sparks? They were perfect after the first big patch, now they've pretty much disappeared again.

I found a tutorial on how to change drivers but the AI of the driver does not change? So i want Hamilton in a Mclaren. Is it only possible to use Alonsos/Buttons AI in the Mclarens and vice versa only Hamiltons/Rosbergs AI in the Merc? Or can i edit/switch AIs also beside names?

Thanks

@PR3D4TOR91 Yep sadly you can't edit the AI at the moment. So Hamilton in a Mclaren would be the AI of Button/Alonso, and, from my testing their AI is not set anywhere near as high as Merc/Ferrari/Red Bull drivers as even when I changed the car performance of Ferrari/Red Bull to be equal to the Merc, then the two Merc drivers still dominated.

However...

I came up with a way around this, which can help you with Mclaren. It's effectively like adding digital ballast to the better cars, by giving the better cars the performance of lower performing cars, and replacing Mclaren performance with Mercedes.
Replacing Mclaren with Mercedes performance, and not significantly lowering the performance of the Merc/Ferrari/RB doesn't have the required effect, because like I say, Mclaren driver's AI isn't good enough in comparison (sadly).

You have to give Merc/Ferrari/RB the performance of a team that is a lot worse, but not awful, as these teams drivers will still be very competitive AI wise.
Without testing, I would suggest you assign the performance of the following teams:

Mercedes get Manor performance
Ferrari get Haas performance
Red Bull get Renault performance
Mclaren get Mercedes performance

As I say, you would need to test this, Manor may be to low for Merc, even with their amazing AI and you may need to use a slightly better team etc, but even then that depends on where you want Mercedes and the others in the standings!

I've done this in my own fantasy championship I do with Quick Races. I've given Mercedes, Force India performance, and Mclaren, Mercedes performance, but left Ferrari and RB as they are. What this has achieved is what i hope next season will bring, every session Merc/Ferrari and RB are all fighting for pole and the win. Often the driver in P6 from the top three teams (Merc/Ferrari/RB drivers) is only .100 or less away from pole, so incredibly competitive, and very exciting. You really can't call who is going to get pole. However, I have Mclaren a lot more competitive but not quite there yet, they are the best of the rest, they have Merc performance, but their AI is still about .400 off the top sixth. Which for my fantasy 2017 season, soon to start, suits me.

You'd have to test this out in Quick Race and use One Shot Pole, to see how they perform, and whether they need some tweaking, i.e - perhaps you find Ferrari are still faster than McLaren so replace Ferrari's performance with Sauber instead of Haas.

If you want me to tell you in detail how to replace the car performance files just ask (it is on this thread somewhere) but happy to explain. I could probably also test this out for you and upload a mod if you direct message me and tell me the standings you would like i.e - Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Mercedes etc

Hope this is of help, it's actually not much work at all to accomplish.

Thank you very much @Jap

Would be amazing if you can explain me on how to do it. I think i already tried to do it but i failed :(

@PR3D4TOR91 Y

Often the driver in P6 from the top three teams (Merc/Ferrari/RB drivers) is only .100 or less away from pole, so incredibly competitive, and very exciting. You really can't call who is going to get pole. However, I have Mclaren a lot more competitive but not quite there yet, they are the best of the rest, they have Merc performance, but their AI is still about .400 off the top sixth. Which for my fantasy 2017 season, soon to start, suits me.

Yeah mate, this is exactly what i want. Its kinda boring to always see Merc in front. I have absolutely no problem seeing them dominating in 2016 season but in 2017-2018 i do not want that =/

@PR3D4TOR91 Yep sadly you can't edit the AI at the moment. So Hamilton in a Mclaren would be the AI of Button/Alonso, and, from my testing their AI is not set anywhere near as high as Merc/Ferrari/Red Bull drivers as even when I changed the car performance of Ferrari/Red Bull to be equal to the Merc, then the two Merc drivers still dominated.

However...

I came up with a way around this, which can help you with Mclaren. It's effectively like adding digital ballast to the better cars, by giving the better cars the performance of lower performing cars, and replacing Mclaren performance with Mercedes.
Replacing Mclaren with Mercedes performance, and not significantly lowering the performance of the Merc/Ferrari/RB doesn't have the required effect, because like I say, Mclaren driver's AI isn't good enough in comparison (sadly).

You have to give Merc/Ferrari/RB the performance of a team that is a lot worse, but not awful, as these teams drivers will still be very competitive AI wise.
Without testing, I would suggest you assign the performance of the following teams:

Mercedes get Manor performance
Ferrari get Haas performance
Red Bull get Renault performance
Mclaren get Mercedes performance

As I say, you would need to test this, Manor may be to low for Merc, even with their amazing AI and you may need to use a slightly better team etc, but even then that depends on where you want Mercedes and the others in the standings!

I've done this in my own fantasy championship I do with Quick Races. I've given Mercedes, Force India performance, and Mclaren, Mercedes performance, but left Ferrari and RB as they are. What this has achieved is what i hope next season will bring, every session Merc/Ferrari and RB are all fighting for pole and the win. Often the driver in P6 from the top three teams (Merc/Ferrari/RB drivers) is only .100 or less away from pole, so incredibly competitive, and very exciting. You really can't call who is going to get pole. However, I have Mclaren a lot more competitive but not quite there yet, they are the best of the rest, they have Merc performance, but their AI is still about .400 off the top sixth. Which for my fantasy 2017 season, soon to start, suits me.

You'd have to test this out in Quick Race and use One Shot Pole, to see how they perform, and whether they need some tweaking, i.e - perhaps you find Ferrari are still faster than McLaren so replace Ferrari's performance with Sauber instead of Haas.

If you want me to tell you in detail how to replace the car performance files just ask (it is on this thread somewhere) but happy to explain. I could probably also test this out for you and upload a mod if you direct message me and tell me the standings you would like i.e - Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Mercedes etc

Hope this is of help, it's actually not much work at all to accomplish.
I'm looking to do a similar thing but a custom GP2 season (Then I'll move to F1 for the next season), so I want no more than a second, preferably 0.5 seconds covering the entire field. What performance changes should I start with?

I want the order to be like
1. Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren
2. Force India, Toro Rosso, Williams
3. Haas, Renault, Sauber, Manor

Last edited:
@PR3D4TOR91 no worries, what I'll do is get something sorted tonight when I get back from work for you. A tutorial or something!
I'll also see if I can upload my "mod" so to speak, and you can then use that and see if you like the performance. I'll include some screenshots for you to show you how the performance works out.

@xFitcho as for that, I'm not sure whether driver AI wise I could get the entire field within 0.5 seconds, a second is probably more realistic, but I'll certainly give it a go. I'll maybe reverse the grid car performance wise and see if that equals things up a bit. Either way, again, will have a look for you when I get back from work tonight!

Last edited:
When editing the performance, whats the difference between the Xml file in "F1 2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package etc" AND "F1 2016/f1_2016_vehicle_package etc"?

When editing the performance, whats the difference between the Xml file in "F1 2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package etc" AND "F1 2016/f1_2016_vehicle_package etc"?
I think the asset_groups one is the only one that has any effect in game.
The other one seems to do nothing.

Hi everyone, I wanted to change the decals of the Ferrari and launching the game here is what it gives
upload_2016-12-4_13-40-58.png

This must come from a problem of transparency of the file I think
Thanks in advance for your reply
If someone could tell me a tutorial to know how to change the dacals it would be great

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.