F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hence why I said right now. Those files will be in there somewhere, they have to be, but no one, not even the very best modders on here, let alone people like me, have found them.
They are in F1 2016\asset_groups\game_package\gamedatabases
But the database is a GVariant (I think) and I don't know a way to decompile it, meaning no alterations.

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you have watched Aarava's new modded F1 2016 series 'My Driver S4' if you haven't watched it I recommend it, but this is besides the point. I was wondering if anyone is aware of how he does things like edit the power and success of different teams by doing things like making the Mercedes not as dominant as they are in the base game and making the Toro Rosso's so successful. If any of you know how to do this then I'd be very grateful if you let me know!

Thanks,
BigEarsGaming
It is in the team.erp folder and there should be a VTF file in there. Copy and paste a other teams VTF file in to the original one. eg Export haas.vtf.xml select all of the file and paste it into redbull.vtf.xml import the redbull back into the .erp file and the RedBull will now be as slow as the Haas

How do you change the number of a Driver?
Go into (I'm not at my PC so I don't remember the exact titles) steam/steamapps/common/f1_2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/(team of driver you want to change) and open the .erp file (same place as the liveries). Say you want to make the common change, Vandoorne for Button. You find the number texture '47', export it into a mod folder. Find the '22' (Button's number) and import the 47 over it. Save the .erp and your done. Remember to back up your files.

I'm currently making a mod and I need to change a few helmets to drivers that aren't currently in F1. I've found a few of the ones I need but they are from past games. Will they work on F1 2016 if I go into photoshop and cut the flat helmet part and put it on the F1 2016 template (gloves and boots)? I assume it would. Also, for how long have codemasters been using this helmet template (flat with the top in 2 halves at the top like in F1 2016)?

Also, if anyone is good at making real life drivers (that aren't in F1) helmets for the game and is willing to help me out, let me know. I'm making a GP2 mod. Thanks

are there still a lot of you guys modding the game? is there a solution for this following problem? I would really like to change that helmet picture on the laptop in the paddock.

Finally managed to put in my helmet. Can't believe it was so easy with EEA 4.4. Thanks so much to Ryder25. Now I tried to figure out how to change the texture of the helmet in the UI on the Laptop. It looks of course completely different now, because it's showing the standard career helmet. does anybody know how to change that texture? i have found some stuff but it looks like the programm is creating that texture on the fly. could that be?

Hey guys,
I´m still new in F1 2016 modding (just modding F1 2014). In F1 2014 there was the DATABASE. What is the similar file to the 2014 database in F1 2016? And second, how can I open assetgroup files?

Hey guys.
How can I switch the drivers? For example I want to retire Massa, and want to put Hulkenberg on his place. Not even the name, I mean the whole driver, with his face and attributes and so on.
And, is it possible to import the other custom career driver, too?
Thank you for your help.

Can we talk about AI?

I like to run my own personal championships, using quick race only. I've just finished 2016 (funnily enough Rosberg won it on the last race again, but by 22 points!) and I now want to swap drivers round etc for 2017, improve some etc, used to do this all the time in F1 2014.

I was messing around with the car performance settings at the weekend, and was able to massively improve the Renault car by copying the Mercedes VTF, following what you guys have worked out on this thread.
In a test quali and race session, they were much better (not on the bottom anymore), but still lower than 10th, but driven by myself the Renault was a match for the Merc, it's just the AI is no match for anyone finishing regularly in the top 10, hence limiting the Renault's huge improvements!

I first thought, I could perhaps increase the grip multiplier significantly more on the Renault to make it better than the Merc, but this really didn't have much effect in the end, if anything.

Just gutting that we can't edit the AI yet, I've looked through this thread, but wondering whether anyone has any ideas on how to crack it, I'd like to put some effort into doing so, but want to know where we currently stand with it.

I thought I'd go back to F1 2014 where you can edit the database, but it's naff once you've played 2016!

Sorry i would like to know if it is possible to change the engine of a specific team? I'm working on my customs Volvo Haas F1 Team and I would like to change the engine supplier into Mercedes or McLaren. And sort of "re-brand" it to Volvo engine similar to what RedBull had accomplished this year. Thank you in advance!!

Go into (I'm not at my PC so I don't remember the exact titles) steam/steamapps/common/f1_2016/asset_groups/f1_2016_vehicle_package/teams/(team of driver you want to change) and open the .erp file (same place as the liveries). Say you want to make the common change, Vandoorne for Button. You find the number texture '47', export it into a mod folder. Find the '22' (Button's number) and import the 47 over it. Save the .erp and your done. Remember to back up your files.
How would I go around changing the number to one of a driver that already exists ie Daniel Ricciardo's No. 3 on a Williams in the Williams font and colour?

Sorry i would like to know if it is possible to change the engine of a specific team? I'm working on my customs Volvo Haas F1 Team and I would like to change the engine supplier into Mercedes or McLaren. And sort of "re-brand" it to Volvo engine similar to what RedBull had accomplished this year. Thank you in advance!!
you can edit it with ELE and just search for lng_engine_[TEAM] for example if you wanted to edit Haas search for lng_engine_haas

How would I go around changing the number to one of a driver that already exists ie Daniel Ricciardo's No. 3 on a Williams in the Williams font and colour?
Exactly the same as he said before, so if you wanted to put Ricciardo over Massa, then find the '3' texture in the Williams erp file, export it, and import it over the '19' texture in the erp file.

Exactly the same as he said before, so if you wanted to put Ricciardo over Massa, then find the '3' texture in the Williams erp file, export it, and import it over the '19' texture in the erp file.
That's what I'd of thought but for me atleast the '3' doesn't exist in the williams.erp. Does it for you or anyone else?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%