F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

It works for me in quick race, but not career mode.
That's probably because sauber and haas have different number of upgrades
Also I would imagine that even on quick race grosjean would be faster than the two saubers as his AI is pretty quick.

That's probably because sauber and haas have different number of upgrades
Also I would imagine that even on quick race grosjean would be faster than the two saubers as his AI is pretty quick.
I'm actually doing it with McLaren and Ferrari, making McLaren good again for my career so there can be better battles at the front.

I give McLaren the same performance as Ferrari, yet when I start a fresh career mode, the performance bar in the R&D doesn't change and they are at their normal pace.

I'm actually doing it with McLaren and Ferrari, making McLaren good again for my career so there can be better battles at the front.

I give McLaren the same performance as Ferrari, yet when I start a fresh career mode, the performance bar in the R&D doesn't change and they are at their normal pace.
The performance bar doesn't change on the edited files but on some other variable.

Are you fast forwarding sessions as they only perform at their modded pace when you are driving e.g. in a race or one shot qualifying.

The performance bar doesn't change on the edited files but on some other variable.

Are you fast forwarding sessions as they only perform at their modded pace when you are driving e.g. in a race or one shot qualifying.
Yeah, I've been skipping sessions. That's odd but I'll give it a try. Is there anyway to change the bar in career mode? I want to be able to easily track car performance.

Sp I tried doing a one shot quali and a 5 lap race, and they were faster, but still half a second off the Ferrari's. Is that down to the programming of the AI? They couldn't possibly have programmed Alonso to be half a second slower than Raikkonen.

Hi everyone,

I made my first skin, at least I tried, but all the bottom of the car is yellow as some other little pieces, see below :

0F2A4DAAEF6C383F6930AC038A16317FBE7CE910

I only touch the paint.tga and the decal.tga. The decal is exported in DXT5 and the paint in DXT1. Does Anyone knows what it could be ? I have similar problems with other cars. The problem appeared only after touching the decal. If I use the original one, everything works fine.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm new here. I would like to edit the language_eng file but I'm not sure which program to use. I tried to look on this forum but couldn't find instructions on how to edit it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Update: Sorry, just found it buried on page 9 here.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you have watched Aarava's new modded F1 2016 series 'My Driver S4' if you haven't watched it I recommend it, but this is besides the point. I was wondering if anyone is aware of how he does things like edit the power and success of different teams by doing things like making the Mercedes not as dominant as they are in the base game and making the Toro Rosso's so successful. If any of you know how to do this then I'd be very grateful if you let me know!

Thanks,
BigEarsGaming

Hey! :)
I just got a very easy question: I watched in the local documents if I can find the career savegame, because I want to make 2 different careers - Any ideas where it is?

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if any of you have watched Aarava's new modded F1 2016 series 'My Driver S4' if you haven't watched it I recommend it, but this is besides the point. I was wondering if anyone is aware of how he does things like edit the power and success of different teams by doing things like making the Mercedes not as dominant as they are in the base game and making the Toro Rosso's so successful. If any of you know how to do this then I'd be very grateful if you let me know!

Thanks,
BigEarsGaming
He simply takes the different Skins from Racedepartment and uses the "Not created equal" Mod. He doesn't play career, but Single races, because the nationalities of drivers like Vandoorne don't work.

Are you sure about that ? I think it's possible 'cause we have some difference between team mates. Just need to find the right file or the right line.
Hence why I said right now. Those files will be in there somewhere, they have to be, but no one, not even the very best modders on here, let alone people like me, have found them.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back