F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Hi,
Is there actually a proper way to use different mods that use incardriver.erp file? I've been trying to export .dds files from the mods then try to import them to my current modded incardriver.erp file but I always end up with invisible stuff. Mipmaps are also replaced.

Hey guys!
I was able to change my standard career helmet. But some bugs do happen, like the glove and some parts of the helmet.
Changing the XML file in F1 2016 \ asset_groups \ animation_package \ scenes \ incardriver \ 2016 \ incardriver.erp.
I'm not an expert ... So I hope someone can get more results than I do.
Do not forget to make a backup.
Have fun!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    502.4 KB · Views: 313
@PR3D4TOR91 Yep sadly you can't edit the AI at the moment. So Hamilton in a Mclaren would be the AI of Button/Alonso, and, from my testing their AI is not set anywhere near as high as Merc/Ferrari/Red Bull drivers as even when I changed the car performance of Ferrari/Red Bull to be equal to the Merc, then the two Merc drivers still dominated.

However...

I came up with a way around this, which can help you with Mclaren. It's effectively like adding digital ballast to the better cars, by giving the better cars the performance of lower performing cars, and replacing Mclaren performance with Mercedes.
Replacing Mclaren with Mercedes performance, and not significantly lowering the performance of the Merc/Ferrari/RB doesn't have the required effect, because like I say, Mclaren driver's AI isn't good enough in comparison (sadly).

You have to give Merc/Ferrari/RB the performance of a team that is a lot worse, but not awful, as these teams drivers will still be very competitive AI wise.
Without testing, I would suggest you assign the performance of the following teams:

Mercedes get Manor performance
Ferrari get Haas performance
Red Bull get Renault performance
Mclaren get Mercedes performance

As I say, you would need to test this, Manor may be to low for Merc, even with their amazing AI and you may need to use a slightly better team etc, but even then that depends on where you want Mercedes and the others in the standings!

I've done this in my own fantasy championship I do with Quick Races. I've given Mercedes, Force India performance, and Mclaren, Mercedes performance, but left Ferrari and RB as they are. What this has achieved is what i hope next season will bring, every session Merc/Ferrari and RB are all fighting for pole and the win. Often the driver in P6 from the top three teams (Merc/Ferrari/RB drivers) is only .100 or less away from pole, so incredibly competitive, and very exciting. You really can't call who is going to get pole. However, I have Mclaren a lot more competitive but not quite there yet, they are the best of the rest, they have Merc performance, but their AI is still about .400 off the top sixth. Which for my fantasy 2017 season, soon to start, suits me.

You'd have to test this out in Quick Race and use One Shot Pole, to see how they perform, and whether they need some tweaking, i.e - perhaps you find Ferrari are still faster than McLaren so replace Ferrari's performance with Sauber instead of Haas.

If you want me to tell you in detail how to replace the car performance files just ask (it is on this thread somewhere) but happy to explain. I could probably also test this out for you and upload a mod if you direct message me and tell me the standings you would like i.e - Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, Mercedes etc

Hope this is of help, it's actually not much work at all to accomplish.
What files should the teams' performance be?

Hi,
Is there actually a proper way to use different mods that use incardriver.erp file? I've been trying to export .dds files from the mods then try to import them to my current modded incardriver.erp file but I always end up with invisible stuff. Mipmaps are also replaced.

Hey,

I use the not Created equal mod which alters performance of the cars. It also replaces .erp files in assetgroups/f1 vehicle package/teams/xxx/xxx.erp

So i can't use skin mods with not created equal? Because other skin mods also use the corresponding .erp files of each team :(

Hey,

I use the not Created equal mod which alters performance of the cars. It also replaces .erp files in assetgroups/f1 vehicle package/teams/xxx/xxx.erp

So i can't use skin mods with not created equal? Because other skin mods also use the corresponding .erp files of each team :(
No it works fine with skin mods

Hi,
If its a good mod the mod uploader should always give the .dds of the textures that go into the incardriver.erp file.
As an example I will use @arvaimate00's 4th Season pack and changing the 2016-manor_livery_d.tga.dds
Open the incardriver.erp using EEA v4 and search for 2016-manor_livery_d.tga.dds
Go to textures -> import and overwrite it using the .dds found in the mod download (.rar file)
Save the .erp

Last edited:
So i can just delete the .erp file/replace it with the skin?

What is actually in the .erp file? Why does the not created equal mod have it?
It contains the performance file as well as textures. But you cannot delete the .erp.
I use Not Created Equal with custom skins and it works fine. But if you overwrite the .erp and the custom skins are gone then simply re-import them using the .dds file.

Ok thank you, thats what i tried to do. With the 4th season pack from @arvaimate00 (the Monster Merc skin) but i just got a invisible car with just the driver and tyres visible. Do you have an idea what went wrong? (i used latest ERP Archiver)

Hi,

Could someone explain how to mod the onboard cameras in F1 2016? I used to be able to mod them in 2013 and earlier by converting from binary XML to normal XML and then editing but I've no idea how to do this with the new "locked down" file formats of the recent F1 games :(

Many thanks
Will

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%