F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Now that I got Photoshop and all that running I encountered my next problem. I just saw the tutorial for the decal layer on Youtube that "KeisariKine" posted here. In his video he only has the layer one time (most likely the 4048 x 4048 layer) but I got every LOD in that one file. Can I get rid of them or do I need to change all of them, because it seams like aspect ratio is not right with all off them (not multiplied by 4 so I cant save it or is my plugin again failing on me?)
is that what you see in photoshop or a saved file?

is that what you see in photoshop or a saved file?

that is what I see in Photoshop. For the paint it was the same and it worked with only modding one of the LOD levels. But my decal file is 8191 in with and this can not work but every time I extracted it, it is 8191 px wide again. Here paint looks the same but starts @2024 x 2024 px not 4048 px like the decals

ss+(2016-10-05+at+07.28.21).jpg

that is what I see in Photoshop. For the paint it was the same and it worked with only modding one of the LOD levels. But my decal file is 8191 in with and this can not work but every time I extracted it, it is 8191 px wide again. Here paint looks the same but starts @2024 x 2024 px not 4048 px like the decals

View attachment 155220
that's weird. I've never had that issue.Did you try other cars too? This could maybe be an issue cause by the latest patch too

that's weird. I've never had that issue.Did you try other cars too? This could maybe be an issue cause by the latest patch too
Tested Red Bull, Manor, Mclaren and Ferrari all have the same "issue". For the paint it worked but the decals can not be save in this size. The DDS Plugin says it needs to be a width and height multiplied by 4 so 8191 px does not work

Now that I got Photoshop and all that running I encountered my next problem. I just saw the tutorial for the decal layer on Youtube that "KeisariKine" posted here. In his video he only has the layer one time (most likely the 4048 x 4048 layer) but I got every LOD in that one file. Can I get rid of them or do I need to change all of them, because it seams like aspect ratio is not right with all off them (not multiplied by 4 so I cant save it or is my plugin again failing on me?)
When you open your dds in photoshop, make sure the load MIP maps is unticked, then it will only open the main image.
crthukk-png.6850

When you save it make sure generate MIP maps is checked.
Photoshop_TextureCompression.jpg

Finally managed to put in my helmet. Can't believe it was so easy with EEA 4.4. Thanks so much to Ryder25. Now I tried to figure out how to change the texture of the helmet in the UI on the Laptop. It looks of course completely different now, because it's showing the standard career helmet. does anybody know how to change that texture? i have found some stuff but it looks like the programm is creating that texture on the fly. could that be?

Doesn't anybody know how we can change the Helmet Picture in the User Interface on the Laptop? I want to display my selfmade career helmet but it always shows the generic helmet that I choose to overwrite with my design. Thanx for any response...

Doesn't anybody know how we can change the Helmet Picture in the User Interface on the Laptop? I want to display my selfmade career helmet but it always shows the generic helmet that I choose to overwrite with my design. Thanx for any response...

I'd like to know it too... and for the career driver's face too...

I'd like to know it too... and for the career driver's face too...
I have a bad feeling about this ;-) I think these textures are somewhat made out of several files "on the fly". These files can't be read by any tools we have so far. But I hope of course that I am wrong.

If there is any other modding tutorials needed in video form I can make them...

Please make a video on making a custom helmet for career mode!
I've never modded before so I've read this thread front to back, following all the different methods posted and I've had no luck, just errors.
I can get the .dds files and edit them but when I try and put them back in I just get an 'integer error' using the Noesis method, and a 'type not supported' error in ERP Archiver
I have suspicions that its because I'm using GIMP right now with the various plug-ins after my PS broke when upgrading to windows 10. I should have PS back this weekend though so hopefully I can rule that problem out soon enough

Any help is appreciated :)

Is there a way to combine multiple language files? I've downloaded the ones for Vandoorne, Stroll, Gasly and Ocon but am unsure as to how to get all of them to work at once, without having to do it myself manually

I have a bad feeling about this ;-) I think these textures are somewhat made out of several files "on the fly". These files can't be read by any tools we have so far. But I hope of course that I am wrong.
There is one thing i don't understand. If, like you said, the textures are made "on the fly" why if we change the right textures it doesn't affect the final render in the menu??? For exemple, i have change the texture of the face of the career driver i selected to match with my face (it doesn't really looks like me due to the shape of the 3d head but i can recognise myself in certain circumstance in the video before and after the race) but in the menu and on the panel above the garage it's still the codemaster's one. Why?????

Please make a video on making a custom helmet for career mode!
I've never modded before so I've read this thread front to back, following all the different methods posted and I've had no luck, just errors.
I can get the .dds files and edit them but when I try and put them back in I just get an 'integer error' using the Noesis method, and a 'type not supported' error in ERP Archiver
I have suspicions that its because I'm using GIMP right now with the various plug-ins after my PS broke when upgrading to windows 10. I should have PS back this weekend though so hopefully I can rule that problem out soon enough

Any help is appreciated :)
The Noesis problem I can explain:
The plugin just states the vanilla texture sizes (in bytes) and then sets the size of the image to be displayed on photoshop/gimp.
When you edit a helmet, the texture size changes and the plugin doesn't know what to do.

Using EEA is the easiest option so when you have photoshop back try it again.

There is one thing i don't understand. If, like you said, the textures are made "on the fly" why if we change the right textures it doesn't affect the final render in the menu??? For exemple, i have change the texture of the face of the career driver i selected to match with my face (it doesn't really looks like me due to the shape of the 3d head but i can recognise myself in certain circumstance in the video before and after the race) but in the menu and on the panel above the garage it's still the codemaster's one. Why?????
Yeah I guess you are right. "on the fly" isn't probably the thing that happens. But I guess the textures are stored in files we can't open with our tools. I really didn't find the textures but I tried to open almost every file with EEA. How did you know which head is the one you choose in the menu? I think I want to try to mod the face too. I really hope we will find a way to change the pictures of helmet and driver avatar soon

The Noesis problem I can explain:
The plugin just states the vanilla texture sizes (in bytes) and then sets the size of the image to be displayed on photoshop/gimp.
When you edit a helmet, the texture size changes and the plugin doesn't know what to do.

Using EEA is the easiest option so when you have photoshop back try it again.

Ok thanks for the update. I think I'm going to give it one more go with EEA and gimp, do you know why I would be getting a "file type not supported" error when importing back into EEA?
This is the 'guide' i followed from an earlier comment by realitychecked:

>set directory path to .../steamapps/common/F1 2016
>open the .erp files in the assets_group folder
>pick the respective .mipmaps file (should be automatically picked, but doesn't as far as i can tell)
>edit helmet
>import texture; pick the modified .dds file and the .mipmaps file to overwrite

Am I missing a step or is there a detail I'm missing? If you have your own guide I can follow that would be much appreciated :)

Yeah I guess you are right. "on the fly" isn't probably the thing that happens. But I guess the textures are stored in files we can't open with our tools. I really didn't find the textures but I tried to open almost every file with EEA. How did you know which head is the one you choose in the menu? I think I want to try to mod the face too. I really hope we will find a way to change the pictures of helmet and driver avatar soon

To find the right face texture i made several trials. I choose an avatar with a 3 days beard like me and i search such thing in the incardriver.erp. i saw one guy that could be the one i have chosen so i export the texture, i modify it by inverting the color, reimport it in the erp and i started a career in 5 laps and in very easy level to be sure to finish on the podium and do the race. At the end i saw that the texture i have chosen was the right so after i can modify it to be my face...

Hey guys, new to this forum, is there any mods floating around for F1 2016 that allow you to move drivers to other teams? I want to do a Red Bull career mode but don't want to lose Max or Daniel from the driver's lineup. Thanks.

i have noticed that everytime i tried to mod the handling.. the game would disable saves? even if i was playing in offline mode? i wonder why this is.. does anyone know how to get around it?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back