F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

4dbhz4bp.png
[/URL][/IMG]

In terms of flag nationalities: In asset_groups/ui_package, I opened databases.erp, and exported all the files from there. In the overrides.uidb file, there's:

"nationality_flags": {
"Contents": [

and then for each nation, Abu Dhabi in this case:

{
"DBType": "stri Variable",
"Name": "stri abu_dhabi",
"ReadOnly": "bool True",
"Value": "stri ui_package/art/textures/flags/driver_flags_40x26px/abu_dhabi.tga",
"ValueType": "stri uistring"
},

etc. Also point out that 40x26 is the size of the flags for drivers in the race results/drivers championship screens. They're named like how someone of that nationality would be referred to as, eg Australian and Austrian, rather than Australia and Austria.

Also, for drivers there's:

"drivers": {
"Contents": [

and then for each driver, Ricciardo in this case:

{
"DBType": "stri Variable",
"Name": "stri daniel_ricciardo",
"ReadOnly": "bool True",
"Value": "stri ui_package/art/textures/fe_world/driver_select/d3d_daniel_ricciardo.tga",
"ValueType": "stri uistring"
},

I think finding this /art folder should be useful, as it isn't in asset_groups/ui_package where it suggests it will be, and searching for art in the entire game folder doesn't show it at all. I'll try to search for it more vigorously in a moment

With the driver section, it doesn't have the "stri ui_package/art/textures/flags/driver_flags_40x26px/australian.tga", so I doubt you can change flags specific for each driver, or at least not in this file.

I did, however, try changing the nation specific one for Russia to ui_package/art/textures/flags/driver_flags_40x26px/french.tga and then loading up the game to see if Kvyat's flag changed from a Russian one to a French one (for Gasly), but unfortunately it didn't work. Interesting development though.

Last edited:
Great news. I think you are on to something here. I guess in this art folder there must also be the pictures of the helmets from the laptop gui. I hope we will find the graphics and will be able to alter them soon.

Those of you changing driver and team names... Just as a side interest, could you tell me roughly, how many lines do you have to change for 1 driver to be altered? (And 1 team to be altered).

Those of you changing driver and team names... Just as a side interest, could you tell me roughly, how many lines do you have to change for 1 driver to be altered? (And 1 team to be altered).
In the language file you have quite a few lines to be altered

For example if you want to change Button to Vandoorne, you'll need to change the following lines from Button's stats to Vandoorne's :

- lng_button
- lng_button_best_qualifying
- lng_button_date_of_birth
- lng_button_debut
- lng_button_driver_number
- lng_button_drivers_championships
- lng_button_fastest_laps
- lng_button_grand_prix
- lng_button_grand_prix_2015
- lng_button_highest_finish
- lng_button_place_of_birth
- lng_button_podiums
- lng_button_podiums_2015
- lng_button_total_points
- lng_button_total_points_2015

- lng_j_button
- lng_jenson
- lng_jenson_button

To change a team's stats there are quite a few lines aswell to be altered.

NOTE that if you change a driver's name, it only changes their name. So if you change Buttons lines to Vandoorne's, it will still be Button's skills, face, helmet etc, but with Vandoorne's name.

as far as I know there still is not a way to do a full, proper driver change, but don't quote me on that :whistling:

BTW I'm really enjoying your not created equal mod. I think it really adds something to the game, wich this year actually is really good. This mod gets out that potential to get the career mode perfect! (to me anyways).

Keep up the good work! ;) and if there's anything I can do to make the progress go faster, just give a shout haha

Last edited:
Can you change the face of a driver properly? I tried to replace Rosberg with Pascal, but i had some problems. The face was Pascal's, but the shape of the head remained Rosberg's. Is there a way to change the shape, too, not just the face?

Last edited:
BTW I'm really enjoying your not created equal mod. I think it really adds something to the game, wich this year actually is really good. This mod gets out that potential to get the career mode perfect! (to me anyways).

Keep up the good work! ;) and if there's anything I can do to make the progress go faster, just give a shout haha

Thanks :) it's nice to know the mod is adding that little bit extra. Currently working on version 2 but it's a slow process as I ramp up the features.

I am currenltly working on tyre blistering in the compounds file as it's currently a disabled feature in vanilla. And looking into changing the operating temperatures for the tyres.

But my biggest wish list feature is the ability to alter the Tracks of the Seasons, either removing some tracks to make each season a bit shorter (and swapping tracks in and out every season) - or at least changing the orders so not all seasons feel identical. ;) if you've any idea how to do that, that would be an awesome extra.

Thanks :) it's nice to know the mod is adding that little bit extra. Currently working on version 2 but it's a slow process as I ramp up the features.

I am currenltly working on tyre blistering in the compounds file as it's currently a disabled feature in vanilla. And looking into changing the operating temperatures for the tyres.

But my biggest wish list feature is the ability to alter the Tracks of the Seasons, either removing some tracks to make each season a bit shorter (and swapping tracks in and out every season) - or at least changing the orders so not all seasons feel identical. ;) if you've any idea how to do that, that would be an awesome extra.
I honestly think the track order is hardcoded into the game and cannot be modded.

I had been searching for this possibility for quite a while now, but never found a real solution to it unfortunaly

I honestly think the track order is hardcoded into the game and cannot be modded.

I had been searching for this possibility for quite a while now, but never found a real solution to it unfortunaly

I tried for a few hours to copy all of the internal Australia Files into Sasuka's Erps - with the hope that I'd startup Sasuka and it would instead let me race around Melborne. It didn't work but looking back at it, my experimental method was wrong - as I didn't correctly export everything from melborne and import it into the Sasuka files. I'll redo my experiment another day though

:p But we need some Pedro XIII levels of massive modding ability really. His Super Season mod, while it obviously has its limitiations, is really great how he was able to import tracks from previous games to have a 28 track season.

His other Season's mods (1994, 1999 etc etc are also great. If he plans to do the same with this years game, we could quite easily end up with a 1980's, 1990's, 2000's season and a 2010's set of cars and drivers each with a 10 year career mode. Infact, using Not Created Equal 2's planned features, I could probably modify the handling models of those old cars so that they'd feel how they used to.

Edit// Actually, seriously... are the F1 2014 models he used able to be transfered over to F1 2016 because if they are... we can suddenly end up with at least 3 different generations of F1 cars. (suddenly quite excited)

Last edited:
I tried for a few hours to copy all of the internal Australia Files into Sasuka's Erps - with the hope that I'd startup Sasuka and it would instead let me race around Melborne. It didn't work but looking back at it, my experimental method was wrong - as I didn't correctly export everything from melborne and import it into the Sasuka files. I'll redo my experiment another day though

:p But we need some Pedro XIII levels of massive modding ability really. His Super Season mod, while it obviously has its limitiations, is really great how he was able to import tracks from previous games to have a 28 track season.

His other Season's mods (1994, 1999 etc etc are also great. If he plans to do the same with this years game, we could quite easily end up with a 1980's, 1990's, 2000's season and a 2010's set of cars and drivers each with a 10 year career mode. Infact, using Not Created Equal 2's planned features, I could probably modify the handling models of those old cars so that they'd feel how they used to.

Edit// Actually, seriously... are the F1 2014 models he used able to be transfered over to F1 2016 because if they are... we can suddenly end up with at least 3 different generations of F1 cars. (suddenly quite excited)
I have not actually found a way to alter a car model yet.

btw are you planning to change the engine/gearbox failure rate by any chance? Because I noticed I actually never got a random (not self-inflicted) failure to my car. (Sometimes there is an AI car with an engine failure though). I think it would make it more realistic since in real life engine/gearbox or even suspension failures happen alot more often then in the game.

btw are you planning to change the engine/gearbox failure rate by any chance? Because I noticed I actually never got a random (not self-inflicted) failure to my car. (Sometimes there is an AI car with an engine failure though). I think it would make it more realistic since in real life engine/gearbox or even suspension failures happen alot more often then in the game.

I'll hae to study those f1 2014 mods to see about those models, though textures and stuff isn't really my thing.

And yeah, I'm already tweeting engine, gearbox, Drs failures and tyre blistering. Can reliable make the engine wear - which if it gets to bad begins to smoke and if it gets really bad blows up. Can also make the engine overheat if you run rich fuel mix for too long. Gearbox has shifting lag, missing gears and stuck gears, can't seem to find anything which will provide you with brake or suspension problems though.

I'll hae to study those f1 2014 mods to see about those models, though textures and stuff isn't really my thing.

And yeah, I'm already tweeting engine, gearbox, Drs failures and tyre blistering. Can reliable make the engine wear - which if it gets to bad begins to smoke and if it gets really bad blows up. Can also make the engine overheat if you run rich fuel mix for too long. Gearbox has shifting lag, missing gears and stuck gears, can't seem to find anything which will provide you with brake or suspension problems though.
Sounds awesome! Alot more realistic in my opinion

I just traulled through one of Pedro's F1 2014 mods and cannot for the life of me see how he's altered the model of the cars. Its was interesting to see how they have gone from pssg to erps, and that a lot of data, including tgas are not extremely different.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back