F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

i tried changing the handling from the assetgroup folder.. however the game kept crashing when the screen goes into the garage.. does anyone know what i am doing wrong?

im not too sure to be honest.. firstly what i did was just export all files using erp achiever from mclaren.vtf. then i converted the vtf file using bxml converter.. edited it using notepad.. saved back as the vtf file and import all using erp achiever.. somehow it doenst work considering i only modified the grip multiplier and fuelburnscale..

Use Notepad++ to compare your modded version with the original (I can't remember if compare is built in or an addon to download). See if you've accidentally put a letter or missed some syntax somewhere.

Also, you put them back into mclaren, correct, and not rename that file?

yah... infact.. i just reinstalled the game from steam.. and somehow it still crashes when i went into the paddock screen/ pit.

Finally managed to put in my helmet. Can't believe it was so easy with EEA 4.4. Thanks so much to Ryder25. Now I tried to figure out how to change the texture of the helmet in the UI on the Laptop. It looks of course completely different now, because it's showing the standard career helmet. does anybody know how to change that texture? i have found some stuff but it looks like the programm is creating that texture on the fly. could that be?

has anyone managed to find where the black in the ferrari comes from (the stroke on the whites)? I tried everything in the paint file and the decal too but nothing. I even checked the mipmaps to see if there is anything there

Hey maybe someone here can help me. I started modding with the 2012 game and everything was nice and smooth back then. I just got the 2016 game and saw that nearly everything has change. I already got some performance mod running and there are working great thanks to the help of this and the WIP thread. But now I have a problem. I wanted to mod the livery and the decals but everytime I extracted them with the ERP Archiver I can not use/ open them in Photoshop (installed the Nvidia DDS plugin for 32 and 64bit plus tried 2 Photoshop versions). Anyone ever got that error message and maybe knows how to fix it?

Attachments

• ss+(2016-10-03+at+10.25.11).png
    ss+(2016-10-03+at+10.25.11).png
    124.8 KB · Views: 206
Hey maybe someone here can help me. I started modding with the 2012 game and everything was nice and smooth back then. I just got the 2016 game and saw that nearly everything has change. I already got some performance mod running and there are working great thanks to the help of this and the WIP thread. But now I have a problem. I wanted to mod the livery and the decals but everytime I extracted them with the ERP Archiver I can not use/ open them in Photoshop (installed the Nvidia DDS plugin for 32 and 64bit plus tried 2 Photoshop versions). Anyone ever got that error message and maybe knows how to fix it?
Is the plugin working? I had trouble installimg it correctly myself

Try opening the texture in paint.net, saving it and opening up the saved version with photoshop.

Ok. So I got it working. Seams like my Lotus/Renault files are broken in some sort dont know why or how that happened. I downloaded the black and yellow Renault mod and extracted the files I wanted/needed for the mod and now there are working. Thanks for the help anyway

Now that I got Photoshop and all that running I encountered my next problem. I just saw the tutorial for the decal layer on Youtube that "KeisariKine" posted here. In his video he only has the layer one time (most likely the 4048 x 4048 layer) but I got every LOD in that one file. Can I get rid of them or do I need to change all of them, because it seams like aspect ratio is not right with all off them (not multiplied by 4 so I cant save it or is my plugin again failing on me?)

Attachments

• ss+(2016-10-05+at+05.58.21).png
    ss+(2016-10-05+at+05.58.21).png
    118.1 KB · Views: 219

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back