F1 2016 Modding Questions Thread

Anyone knows how to change the tracks order?
h

Would love to do this for my Career Mod. But as of yet, not found out how. Tried renaming some files (copy Melbourne and renamed it to Suzuka) as well as some dependencies but end up with infinite loading screens.

I couldn't find a simple way of doing it, but others make have more expertise.

Who was it who managed to Import Turkey, Korea, and other old F1 201x tracks into 2014? He might know

Last edited:
If there is any other modding tutorials needed in video form I can make them, provided there is some
Do you just use trial and error to find out where the decals are mapped or do you use some sort of template?
I just grab some screenshots of the orig car and compare them to the decal. The way the game works complicated mapping is hard to do so you're stuck to basically replacing the real ones.

Reactions: CW.
Hello everyone,

I am changing the AI and weather (remove the rain), which program and which file I use to change this?

ps: sorry for my language I am french: D

Does anyone know how I can put the decal file - the sponsors on the car? I can only put the paint file on the car
Yes, I know this is a 2015 model but noone seems to care about F1 2015 now :D
untitled-50-jpg.154074

I don't know if this is the right place to ask bug question about cockpit cam modding:
The game has a few sliders already, but I want that the cam always aims at the middle of the car, even in corners. By default the cam slightly turns left or right in the corners. I don't think there's a slider to fix that ingame so the question is: What value(s) in what file(s) do I have to change to keep the cockpit cam of lets say Toro Rosso always in the middle, aiming straight ahead instead of sometimes slightly to the left or right?
Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask bug question about cockpit cam modding:
The game has a few sliders already, but I want that the cam always aims at the middle of the car, even in corners. By default the cam slightly turns left or right in the corners. I don't think there's a slider to fix that ingame so the question is: What value(s) in what file(s) do I have to change to keep the cockpit cam of lets say Toro Rosso always in the middle, aiming straight ahead instead of sometimes slightly to the left or right?
Thanks in advance.
camera movement slider? That could work

camera movement slider? That could work
Camera movement slider does something different... you see the car getting pushed down if you accelerate, and it comes up when you brake. I've put that on 0% already (so no movement) but it doesn't prevent the camera aiming off center when steering left or right.

You need to change the types.json file (from the application.erp) in the asset_groups/ego_package.

Scroll down to cockpit cam and remove this line: "stri CameraModifier_CorneringLookToApex",

OR you can just set the "Look limit" to zero.

You need to change the types.json file (from the application.erp) in the asset_groups/ego_package.

Scroll down to cockpit cam and remove this line: "stri CameraModifier_CorneringLookToApex",

OR you can just set the "Look limit" to zero.
Thanks a lot! It's working :)
Stubborn as I am, I chose to change bool true to bool false, and that worked too. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%