F1 2013 F1 2013 Wish List

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
So we can start this again now and if we are lucky Codemasters can see any Interesting one to develop.
Important ones at a Quick Glance:
01. Better Physics and More Setup options
02. Better AI - Fix especially on the Practice and Qualification the In Lap and Out lap cars are blocking each other
03. All Teams at career start. We only have 5 years in career
04. Dedicated Servers
05. Pre-Season Testing
06. All Practice Sessions
07. Able to watch AI when the Player was in garage
08. Cars and Tracks of Past seasons or atleast from 2009 to 2013 (even as a Purchasable DLC)
09. Safety car to Come out more
10. Original Yellow flag Rules make the cars go slower in yellow flag region along with no overtaking others
11. Formation lap/Warm Up Lap and Celebration lap
12. Punctures when going into marbles or collision between two cars
13. Marshall's should come on the track and remove cars whilst the safety car is out, cars should not just disappear.
14. Flat spots and its Effects over a Stint.
15. Podium celebrations and Interviews Post Race.
16. Helmet / Player Customize Option
17. Replays - Off line and online Post session(P,Q,R)
18. Stable Online Connections PS3 have lot of Disconnections.
19. More Mechanical Gremlins and Add Gearbox Wear and penalties
20. Better Force Feedback
21. Better Penalty System
22. Manual Pit stops and Option to choose Drive through and Pit stop

Spectating!! Spectating!! Spectating!! This is all I want in F1 2013.I want to spectate AI in practice , qualifying , replays , and spectate others online.

If this isn't in F1 2013 I wont buy it,F1 2012 has everything I need for this season and next, CM is a crappy F1 game maker and they can't improve F1 2012 anymore without adding spectating.

Hell,I just bought F1 2012 this week because it was only $13 on steam, That's all the base game is worth, it's the Mods that you get here that makes it valuable.

I think that the track specified upgrades and lveries of the cars, like the nose of the McLaren, warmup laps, better Safety car, and i think that when you drive out of the pits, the handling is a piece of sh*t,

Spectating!! Spectating!! Spectating!! This is all I want in F1 2013.I want to spectate AI in practice , qualifying , replays , and spectate others online.

I'd like to go off this one, Thing is they need dedicated servers for improved connection to mostly improve the spectating. Also fixed camera points. let the viewer decide... On a certain corner. On a certain straight... Seeing the cars come flying past and the sound... mmmmm LOL

But I totally agree with you 100% on spectating needs sorting.

I think They Created the System(Game Engine) which can hold only One Object(Players Car) at a time and when we finish the Race or out of race then only we can see other Cars on Online. Unlike Rfactor or EA F1 series(These two are the ones i played :D ) which are able to hold all the Objects (Player and AI ) on the track and we can see Any car at any time
So unless they improve their Engine and Increase the Number of Objects it can hold at a time I don't see this Option can include.

- Increase realism of damage on the car, I means make the car need to get smaller realistic dommage... no more just smash a car and just lost little wing on front wing.... lost rear wings..... Keep front wing, but on the wrong position and a fragile position.... Loose part on track after a crash can be dommage other car when go trow them..

-Keep the Main menu presentation with the cars, Really usefull to show new skin

- Career mod need to be like a MMO, means When we are on the garage.... able to get out the car, talk with engineer about setup or team mate ( compare is setup to ours ) talk with our or other team GM about new contract... If we win the race, feel the moment of the podium, go thru the weight balance for driver, climb the stair with 2 other driver for podium and receive trophy on the podium with the crow under it.

I have an Idea to fix the AI blocking in P and Q Sessions.
For that we need
A Delta Time for each team in every session
Two Racing lines - Ideal Racing Line and Lapping Line
Gap time between Two cars. If Tier 1 car has a Tier 2 car infront then the gap may be 6 sec if Tier 1 has Tier 4 then the gap may be 8 to 10 sec as the Fastest car can approach the Slowest car very quickly so higher gap is needed
Then Force the AI to do what the Drivers do in the Real world. Wait for the Gap and Get the Fastest lap time.
Unless they have a Gap of 5 sec or + (According to Tier's Faster teams need more gap to slower teams) to the car in front and if they have it. The AI will go for Fastest laps. The Same can be said for Players. Let the RE check how much gap we had to front and back and once we have it then we can go for the Lap.
Once a Car(Player/AI) finished a Timed lap then the Next lap will be a Cool down lap and in that lap the car will be waved Blue flag then it will go for the Lapping line instead of Ideal line .
If a Car Still blocked when it was in the Flying lap then allow it for another timed lap by comparing the Delta Time with the Lap time until that point. If the Lap time was slower than Delta then it can go for another Fast lap if the gap exists if not then it has to wait for another lap.

One thing I really hope for is a warm up lap before every race, including online. It's a small feature which would make the whole experience of the game so much better.

Also, dedicated servers would be nice, and a well-designed penalty system, I'm getting fed up of having people online ram into me and I end up getting a penalty, it's stupid.

Realistic interviews would be fine, imagine an online interview after a multiplayer race! Wow!

Also, it would be nice if a mini-championship is implemented into the multiplayer, meaning you're teamed up with another player in a lobby and you race against other players (teamed up) for a championship which is for example, three races long.

1.Better visual damages(dent bodywork,broken floor and not just shattering FW)
2.Formation lap and the final lap before parking in Parc Ferme.
3.Fix the AI(I can get P1 from P15 in just 3 laps on Professional)
4.Podium cutscene.
5.Better penalty system.
6.Actual upgrades(not just performance upgrade but 3D model changes too)
7.Design own helmet.
8.More setup options.
9.Safety Car deploy more oftens.

Well.. there would be MUCH to do... I continue to say that the core of the game is pretty good.. (the feelings in racing) but here are my suggests:

1. REPLAY SYSTEM IN ONLINE RACES (at least in custom races) LIKE FORZA MOTORSPORT 4. (with team radios recorded - custom races)
  2. Better replay cameras, like reality (c'mon, why any game uses camera angles like we see on TV?)
  3. revolutionized AI. They should fight with you, they should make mistakes when fighting (like touching for a mistake in braking) and they should feel like real drivers (Hamilton generally more aggressive than Button, for example). They should have their personality: aggressivity, driving style, pace consistance, mistakes percentual, box strategy skill, overtake skill etc...
  4. Tyres blistering
  5. More realistic visual damages (and various)
  6. Radio Engineer more realistic and vary in speech. Maybe a vocal interaction with him in strategy-tips-other driver's position info through headset/microphone.
  7. HELMET EDITOR (Like FM4 editor)
  8. Formation Lap, Lap after race with car parking in parc ferme & False Start's penalty option
  9. "Paddock's life" in Career: you should be able to influence other drivers' attitude and opinion in you (or your box team / teammate) by releasing interviews, maybe every session, (expectations for the qualify/race/future - considerations on others at your choice) or talking with them in private.
  10. Drivers' own career: it's good that in every season cars change their "strenght" but it would be perfect if drivers can change team!!
  11. Various failures (engine, oil, gears...)
  12. Possibility to do complete online practice session (or separate sessions like quali and race in next days)
  13. Penalty system revolutionized
these are the first ideas came in mind. what do you think?

The biggest problem with this game is the car handling. It should not be different between time trial, offline, and online game modes. It kills me how different a car drives from the different modes. I can not practice for online events offline because my setups must be different. Either make the cars all handle the same or do what I've been saying for the last 3 years...give us an online mode to just run practice sessions...it would be just like creating a race, only we could test our set ups, make changes, go back out and test again.

The biggest problem with this game is the car handling. It should not be different between time trial, offline, and online game modes. It kills me how different a car drives from the different modes. I can not practice for online events offline because my setups must be different. Either make the cars all handle the same or do what I've been saying for the last 3 years...give us an online mode to just run practice sessions...it would be just like creating a race, only we could test our set ups, make changes, go back out and test again.
Cody White ;) How do mate, Excellent point indeed. That would solve so much in terms of practicing

I too agree with it. But then CM asks a Singe question how many people uses the Practice and then they will give the answer back by saying that Most of People doesn't use it at all and we don't want to spend so much time on Less usable things and want to Create MORE COOL FEATURES
To be Honest i don't expect Online Practice Sessions in the near future. but they must make the car Handling equal in all the Game modes. Or allow us by giving option to have a Change in Performance when we use Off line like we had in Online(2012-Equal)
Dan Hawkins what's your take on this mate

I too agree with it. But then CM asks a Singe question how many people uses the Practice and then they will give the answer back by saying that Most of People doesn't use it at all and we don't want to spend so much time on Less usable things and want to Create MORE COOL FEATURES
To be Honest i don't expect Online Practice Sessions in the near future. but they must make the car Handling equal in all the Game modes. Or allow us by giving option to have a Change in Performance when we use Off line like we had in Online(2012-Equal)
Dan Hawkins what's your take on this mate
I'd say your totally right tbh mate, I doubt they would introduce practice to online... I really do.
The handling in all modes needs work, big time. You can't have different handling styles although you pick the same settings.. It makes no sense. Weather or not they did something like shrink the code and remove certain elements to make it "seamlessly" play online? (HA!)

Bram watched a video of mine earlier, he said it looks like F1, sounds like F1, but the physics aren't F1. Which is totally right.

I'd say your totally right tbh mate, I doubt they would introduce practice to online... I really do.
The handling in all modes needs work, big time. You can't have different handling styles although you pick the same settings.. It makes no sense. Weather or not they did something like shrink the code and remove certain elements to make it "seamlessly" play online? (HA!)

We really want to have practice in Online but as i said i will be very much surprised to see Online Practices. So i hope we have the Handling like F1 cars(Better in 2012 but not enough as real life)
and we have the Handling equally in all the Modes. which would help players.

Here's my list :

- A optional GP2 season. A Top 5 Championship result in the GP2 season is needed to enter Formula 1, and the result itself will have influence to the number of teams that are being unlocked for a YDT. If you finish first you will get the most teams being interested. Finishing 5th, means just one, or a small handfull of teams offering a YDT.

- Or even better then the wish above: A full career from GP3, GP2 to F1 (might be possible for the reason that they all are part og most GP weekends.

- An option to play the Codemaster F1 seasons 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 all following up eachother. This will really give it a realistic career experience. Doing season after season with the same season cars, is just not that realistic. Codemasters might take the old season files, and make them all compatible in one uniform way. This way you can just add a new season everytime a new season comes out. In a commercial way of thinking this might be interesting for Codemasters as well, so they can sell season mods piece by piece.

- A great choice of standard custom helmetdesigns (paterns) that can be customly changed in colours, sponsor stickers, visor colours, helmet models (Bell, Arai etc.), and faces. (For example in a way you could do this to cars in GRID)

- Podium action

- Optional warm up lap

- More Savety Car

- Pre season testing with R&D objectives.

- Replay option with the reallife camera positions around the circuit + helicopter.

- More names to choose from of other drivers from the past, like for example Jarno (Trulli), Olivier (Panis), Jos (Verstappen), Ralf (Schumacher) and so on..

- Recent past drivers helmets (out of the last 25 years or so)

- Historic GP season

- Negotiations with teams in and after a season, to try to get a contract out of it, with the asisstance and advise of your own manager.

- Racetrack creator (I believe GT5 had something like that in it?)

How about it ??

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years