Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
BTW, as I see the language barrier thing being mentioned several times now - if it would be of any help to anyone, seeing as kenken seems to be my fellow countryman (unless the Mediafire upload location info is wrong), I'm of course more than willing to help in this regard. It is what I do, after all.

Just throwing it out there.

On this matter, I never say my development is over.
Where has anyone said this? I said your support of evoHUD+ (my modification of evoHUD) was over as you have stated you will not do anything else that I ask.

For you guys, what I said or what I feel are not important
You had a great group of people behind you giving encouragement, making people aware of your work, asking for improvements, suggesting ideas, etc. Over the weeks you have managed to push most of them away.

I think all of you are thinking that I give this source code to someone else is the only way to survive this MOD
No. No. No. Nobody has said that. Just read the posts. They are all there for anyone to read. Many people like the idea and usability of my mod and are sad that because of your refusal do anything more for me that it will not be finished. That is why people want you to release the source code because you refuse to help me (which is your choice!).

This is what has happened:
  • You repeatedly complain about those asking you for improvements
  • You repeatedly complain that no one considers how much time it takes
  • You offered in the past to make the mod opensource when you did not like the amount of work being asked of you.
  • You will no longer accept any requests from me.
As a result of what you did and said I asked the following:
  • to make evoHUD open source (as you offered in the past) so that MY version could continue
  • This would mean that you did NOT have to do the changes that take up SO MUCH OF YOUR TIME and which you KEEP COMPLAINING ABOUT.
You need to read posts much more carefully.

So my further development and my plan are useless for all of you. What a waste of my time!
FOR GODS SAKE NO ONE HAS SAID ANY OF THIS.

Please STOP being so melodramatic
Please READ posts carefully and consider what you write

You are very difficult to communicate with. I don't think this is just because of the language barrier. It does not seem to matter how nice, encouraging, enthusiastic people are about your great work you still manage to find some way to complain about it.

First, I don't want to bring noise to the code. Sometimes, it causes unexpected result including bug which is hard to find. Therefore, I need to make sure request is absolutely necessary to add. So I need information as much as possible. I do same thing for bug report because I need detail information for understanding it correctly. Probably, all of you recognize this my action as looking for complain.

Before your last request, did I refuse your request after some talks? If I remember correctly, I never did. It's my routine procedure on programming. Sometimes, I talk to myself very long time weeks or months, "is this necessary?" or "what is best implementation for it?". If this behavior is not acceptable in here, I'll leave.

You have got what you wanted. No more requests from me taking up your valuable time. It is a shame that the price is many hours of my own time but then that is the advantage of being the person in charge. You get to call the shots.

Good luck with the development of evoHUD. I wish you had just said no at the start rather than within striking distance of the finish. It is a cruel blow at this late stage to remove all help and option of doing it myself via open source.

Last edited:
On a more constructive note, I love some of the features @Nobkins has added, in particular the tyre temps, colour coding, session info and fuelinfo.

That's pretty much all I need now in my HUD, it's now similar enough to xD From
Gtr2.

I also don't mind having to manually move the locations or tweak the files. Although it does help that I have some coding experience, so can see this is difficult for someone that doesn't.

You have got what you wanted. No more requests from me taking up your valuable time. It is a shame that the price is many hours of my own time but then that is the advantage of being the person in charge. You get to call the shots.

Good luck with the development of evoHUD. I wish you had just said no at the start rather than within striking distance of the finish. It is a cruel blow at this late stage to remove all help and option of doing it myself via open source.
One thing you don't realize or you don't want to realize is I said all of your request is almost finished. Then you said to stop it and you started to demand to release source code. Yes, I intentionally use word 'demand' because your some last posts are clearly draw others sympathy and trying to get what you want. Furthermore, you posted personal attack. Then I'm a bad guy, you are miserable good guy. In a sense, you won and I lost.

hellow

how to put 1366x768 resolution?
I don't think there's an easy way to do that. You'd have to go through the positioning of each widget and change it so it fits your resolution. You'd also likely have to scale the widgets to a more reasonable size for that resolution.

One thing you don't realize or you don't want to realize is I said all of your request is almost finished. Then you said to stop it and you started to demand to release source code. Yes, I intentionally use word 'demand' because your some last posts are clearly draw others sympathy and trying to get what you want. Furthermore, you posted personal attack. Then I'm a bad guy, you are miserable good guy. In a sense, you won and I lost.

I really think you guys misunderstood each other and you are both fighting without a real reason...
@Nobkins, @kenken please listen, Kenken still wants to develop EvoHUD and he is still working on it, he is also still working to Nobkins requests...as far as I understand (seriously guys we have some high language barriers uh?) he just wants to know what Nobkins needs and why, just because he wants to follow and mantain control over the main code (he doesnt' want to mess it) and maybe he wants a more active part on mod development too (test alpha releases and similar stuff)...so...Nobkins, kenken can you guys start to work togheter again?
Seriously there is no reason for this, I think bad texted posts just started all this but there is no reason preventing you guys to be back in action with peace between you two...

Kenken, no one thinks you are a bad guy or you are acting like that, Nobkins is just upset for the same reason you are, you think Nobkins doesn't understand you and Nobkins think you don't understand him...but seriously there is no reason for this...

Last edited:
This is an amazing HUD and it is incredibly sad that kenKen and Nobkins are butting heads right now and i suggest everyone takes a deep breathe and realise we are all after the same goal here.
Please Ken continue to support Nobkins and lets get this HUD finished. most of what has been said has been due to frustration.
If you want to take a couple of weeks break Ken to put your feet up and relax, then do so and we can finish this project when you are ready:) and everyone has cooled off
@Nobkins you have done a brilliant job and i will continue to use your HUD even if this goes no further:), and please believe me when i say you have not wasted your time

You are definitely not a "bad guy" kenken. I apologise if anything I have done makes people believe you are.

@kenken I have always been thankful for every addition you have made on my behalf. If you are willing to finish off the last changes that you had almost completed that will be great. Please do if you are willing to.

In the same post where you said the changes were almost done you also said you would not accept any more requests from me. That is why I asked you to release the source code as you had offered in the past. You said this would take too long so I asked you to stop the work on the changes and spend that time on releasing the source code instead. I would love you to finish the changes but I also want to be able to continue developing evoHUD+.

Is there any chance you will reconsider your refusal to accept any more requests from me. I need your support and when you withdrew it our misunderstandings began.

What ever you decide i am thankful for your time, effort and skill in making evoHUD such a great mod.

Thank you.

Last edited:
First, I don't want to involve to your project deeply because independent of each MOD should be kept. My position is only provider of API which your project is needed.

Second, the objective I asked you to show product of your project is that I just know how to you use requested API practically. Because I must organize options of API and/or offer the alternative to simplify API if there is. For example, you wanted mouse position. I guessed it's for identify the position of widget but I wan't certain. Because, in this case, there is simple alternative to get window position. But, most of time, you didn't give me information what I truely needed in every time I asked. As the result, I have to implemented those API with all options. It's, of course, clearly wasting of code and time. These were the reason I was frustrated.

As the result, I decided to refuse your request. I had to write that was temporary, not permanently but I forgot because I didn't quite calm.

And I must say to you guys, clarify your stands and talk your opinion in public, not hide and just put like or agree mark. What you did is clearly to manipulate silent majority opinions to where you want.

If you would like me as a silent party in the discussion to respond publicly instead of via likes or agrees then as a user of evohud for a long time I'm very happy with the progress.
I'm also really excited at the prospect of having the ability to use Jim's version as it will allow me to use a mouse in game to manipulate the location, size and colour of widgets.
I would love to be able to understand coding a little more but to be honest apart from being able to enter in the desired x and y values I'm stuck with whatever text size is default for each widget.
You might find it easy but as a pet food manufacturer I'm a little out of my depth when it comes to some of this stuff.
I feel this is where Jim's additions are really helpful.

I had to write that was temporary, not permanently but I forgot because I didn't quite calm.
Great news kenken thank you. If it helps I will use videos to show why I am requesting things in the future. It is not always clear to me what you are asking and I'm sure that is the same for you.

I'm looking forward to your almost completed additions.

Last edited:
These are first image of version 1.6.0.
2945hkg.jpg

dbruqb.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back