Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just found a very minor change that would help. Can we have the following:
progressBar(value, width, height, color[, overlay,overlayColor]);

An additional option to specify the color of the text in the progressBar.

To summarise the recent changes I have requested:
  • ability to list all controllers plugged in and second identifier of GUID
  • set mouse position function (move cursor to screen co-ordinates)
  • combo changed so that when no label string is specified (using "##") the empty space to the right of the combo (meant for the label) is not created.
  • progressBar additional option to specify the overlay text color.
Sorry for not grouping these initially but I am finding them as I work.

I have got GUI positioning working and in-game control of settings working so I think I am getting very close to a beta release. I hope that I should not need many more changes from you.

Thank you once again @kenken for putting up with my requests.

Jim

@kenken bug report

I was racing the F3 309 yesterday at Curitiba. There are two versions of the the circuit:
Curitiba
Curitiba Outer Circuit.

We were using Curitiba but the track map displayed Curitiba Outer Circuit. I have refreshed my database using DBCreator.exe to make sure it is up-to-date but Curitiba is a default track and I was using default cars (no skins or anything).

Thanks

For what it's worth, my track map was working fine. I believe I'm on the 1.5.0 evoHUD version, I don't think I updated to any of the preview builds. And obviously using my layout.

@kenken
Bug Report:
Version:
Description: getVehicleInfo(index,VI_VehicleClass) does not always return the vehicle class
How to Reproduce: With any Vehicle that has sub categories within the class the getVehicleInfo(index,VI_VehicleClass) returns the sub category rather than the top category (which is the class).
eg: with the Stock V8 the class is returned as either "Chevrolet" or "Peugeot" instead of "Stock Car V8 2015" or "Stock Car V8 2017" because each class has two manufacturer sub categories.

For your enjoyment (and testing) I have just released a big update to evoHUD+

Once again a huge thank you to @kenken who made this all possible.

You can download it here

And here is a video showing off the changes. If you don't want to see me driving trucks at the start then the changes to evoHUD+ start at 3:25.

Last edited:
Hi! Nice HUD thank you! So, it says that the HUD is fully customizable, but i don't know how to customize it through the file you've mentioned, just have no idea how to change the position of the widgets for example... i really liked the HUD but didn't figure out how to customize it. Could you give me some help with this?

The positions of the widgets are at the end of the .nut file as part of the render function. It's the first two numbers for each widget, in case there are more than two. You can use positive or negative numbers based on the origin point of the coordinates, but I can never remember where the origin point is. You just have to experiment.

There's no easy way to change size of the widgets. You have to change everything manually in the widget definition, which means you have to be able to read basic code at the very least.

Or you can try the beta of evoHUD+ by Nobkins, which you can edit by more easy means (at least I think you can). Or look at my own custom layout, maybe you'd like it.

(Speaking of which...)

As Martin said @lucas buscarioli the default evoHUD requires editing of the files by hand. Martin has an excellent custom version of the evoHUD also. I made evoHUD+ which allows you to customise in game by pressing ALT + E.

Here is evoHUD+
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/evohud-nobkins-mod-of-evohud.17702/

And martin has just updated his custom evoHUD layout by the look of the download library.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-evohud-layout.17628/
Wow that's great!!!! Thanks a lot! I'll give this a try tonight.

As Martin said @lucas buscarioli the default evoHUD requires editing of the files by hand. Martin has an excellent custom version of the evoHUD also. I made evoHUD+ which allows you to customise in game by pressing ALT + E.

Here is evoHUD+
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/evohud-nobkins-mod-of-evohud.17702/

And martin has just updated his custom evoHUD layout by the look of the download library.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/custom-evohud-layout.17628/
@Nobkins i had a problem with evohud+... It says: Widget Error! Error when running widgets/trackmap.nut: slice out of range

Ok. Not seen that one before.
@Nobkins i had a problem with evohud+... It says: Widget Error! Error when running widgets/trackmap.nut: slice out of range
Ok I think this might be the trackmap trying to shorten peoples names to 3 characters to show on the map. Is it possible that someone on the server you were racing had a name (or just a surname) less than 3 characters?

Ok. Not seen that one before.

Ok I think this might be the trackmap trying to shorten peoples names to 3 characters to show on the map. Is it possible that someone on the server you were racing had a name (or just a surname) less than 3 characters?
I wasn't in a online race, i was testing with some AI cars... but i made some tests after, and it worked fine in another combination of track+car... don't really know what happened... i'll wait for more updates, but that's a very god work anyway! Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%