Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I still have the feeling the focus on installation path is a dead end. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it as far as I can see. Not that I'm trying to play down the effort.

It'd be interesting to do a file compare between the two installations and/or user profiles I think.

Last edited:
I still have the feeling the focus on installation path is a dead end. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it as far as I can see. Not that I'm trying to play down the effort.
Yeah, I think so. Probably, it's caused by another bug.
Is there any chance it could be related to the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable?

https://github.com/Squirrel/Squirrel.Windows/issues/359

Would it be worth trying putting the C++ dll's in the AMS folder (or wherever the root path is for evoHUD.

I'm shooting in the dark here so forgive me if this makes no sense.
There is no need VC runtime because it's statically linked.

Fred, you could try a program called steam mover. So create both steam game folders in steam one to c and one to d then you can use steam move to move files between each path and see if it fails or works. http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover
Steam now has an option to "move install folder" under Properties>Local Files.
(You'll need to ensure you have a second library folder on the other drive first, which you can create using Steam>Settings>Downoads>Steam Library Folders.)

@kenken here is my wish list of things I need to finish of the custom version:
  • Buttons with same name possible.
    At the moment if I have two buttons with the same text on them this does not work. It appears the text label on them is assigned to the button internal ID or something.
    Importance: Medium: Very useful but I can work around it. If not possible
  • ImGUI Color picker
    I want to allow users the ability to customise a colour assigned to text, etc. For this I need a colour picker. I believe they are available in ImGUI but not had much luck in trying to see how they work. I imagine when you click on the colour picker you can select a colour and use sliders to adjust ARGB values. The result of the colour picker would return the 0xAARRGGBB value (although I think you use 0xAABBGGRR in evoHUD.
    Importance: High: Without it colour configuration will be much harder and I will need a txtinput field for ARGB values to be entered by the user.
  • Padding configurable on trackMap.
    I have added names after the number on the track map as an option. This makes my name labels disappear off the side when the track goes near the edge of the window. Can a padding option be added to control the border around the track map
    Importance: Low: A very nice addition but not causing any major issues.
  • Button that when you click it listens for the next key press or button press on a input device and returns that keycode or joystick button code.
    Importance: High: Needed to bind control of widget functions to buttons.
  • Add "mouse over" text as an option to text fields.
    This would allow me to give help to users by them just holding there mouse over a configuration option in the GUI
    Importance: Medium-low: I can work around it by creating a button that spawns a new window with help in when they click it providing buttons with the same name are made possible
Sorry that this comes over as a list of demands! Not my intention. Just hoping that grouping them will reduce the work a little for you. If you need more explanation or information just ask. Happy to create a video or write something in mode detail.

Thanks

@kenken here is my wish list of things I need to finish of the custom version:
  • Buttons with same name possible.
    At the moment if I have two buttons with the same text on them this does not work. It appears the text label on them is assigned to the button internal ID or something.
    Importance: Medium: Very useful but I can work around it. If not possible
Use '##'. For example, pass 'text##1', button text will be 'text' and button ID will be 'text##1'.
  • ImGUI Color picker
    I want to allow users the ability to customise a colour assigned to text, etc. For this I need a colour picker. I believe they are available in ImGUI but not had much luck in trying to see how they work. I imagine when you click on the colour picker you can select a colour and use sliders to adjust ARGB values. The result of the colour picker would return the 0xAARRGGBB value (although I think you use 0xAABBGGRR in evoHUD.
  • Importance: High: Without it colour configuration will be much harder and I will need a txtinput field for ARGB values to be entered by the user.
You can't use text input field since we can't block input for AMS.
  • Padding configurable on trackMap.
    I have added names after the number on the track map as an option. This makes my name labels disappear off the side when the track goes near the edge of the window. Can a padding option be added to control the border around the track map
    Importance: Low: A very nice addition but not causing any major issues.
Use low-level draw functions outside bginWindow/endWindow.
I'll implemented color picker, tooltip and button code scan.

Thanks kenken. One more I remembered whilst asleep.
  • Horizontal scroll bar. Child objects can scroll vertically if content too tall? Is it possible for them to scroll horizontally if content too wide? This is for the GUI were I have a wide table comparing /showing the options specified for each wigit in different session types (practice, qually, race etc). It works well if you can see across a row and see the differences between sessions at a glance. Importance: medium-low. I can probably work around it.

I'll have a play round with track map. I thought I had tried most things but can't be certain I tried outside of a window.

Last edited:
Thanks kenken. One more I remembered whilst asleep.
  • Horizontal scroll bar. Child objects can scroll vertically if content too tall? Is it possible for them to scroll horizontally if content too wide? This is for the GUI were I have a wide table comparing /showing the options specified for each wigit in different session types (practice, qually, race etc). It works well if you can see across a row and see the differences between sessions at a glance. Importance: medium-low. I can probably work around it.

I'll have a play round with track map. I thought I had tried most things but can't be certain I tried outside of a window.
OK. I'll add it.

kenken updated evoHUD with a new update entry:

1.5.0 minor update release

This is minor update release.

Caution: isKeyDown, isKeyPressed and isKeyReleased is now obsolete.
These are not removed in this release, but I recommend to update your nut with
new input handling API as early as possible.

Changelog:
  • added Direct Input controller support.
  • added textWrapped, searchFile, getVersion, button and combo API functions.
  • added DB_RacePitSpeed and DB_NormalPitSpeed.
  • fixed track map not loading on some track.
  • fixed...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.50 works without problems on my side but I found some info can be helpfull and maybe worth to be put on first post.
I use EvoHUD plugin with success and I am trying to set up my AMS LCD in the game so it only shows what I need without replicating all the other info I already have on EvoHud.

Now, how can I eliminate the unwanted LCD pages?

Go to .PLR file and looks for this line of text LCD Display Modes="31" // Add the modes to allow them: 1=status 2=aids 4=engine/brake temps 8=race info 16=standings

From what I have determined, Modes="#" will only take a single number which is the result of adding up the values of what you want to keep, I will use that as the number of the LCD combo I want, just here an example: if I put Modes="17" I should only get "status" and "standings" (1 + 16).
In my case I put it ="28" (4=engine/brake temps 8=race info 16=standings).

What do you think?can be usefull for fine tuning and better integration between old and new hud?
Btw, Reiza is working on native hud, Renato Simioni says on Reiza Forum:"Alex is doing some great progress on native HUD - may not all be ready in time for v1.4.9 but it may eventually make DynHUD all but redundant (save for customization options)"

Last edited:
Go to .PLR file, and looks for this line of text LCD Display Modes="31" // Add the modes to allow them: 1=status 2=aids 4=engine/brake temps 8=race info 16=standings

Now, what is the correct sequence to put in the LCD Display Modes="31" so I can eliminate the unwanted huds?

There's no correct sequence. Just add the values for the display modes you want together. The numbers just represent a five bit binary "switch" for that specific mode - 31 is 11111 in binary, so all modes are enabled. If you put in 30, then you get 11110 (the first bit obviously toggles the status display - which is why it is represented by a value of 1). Put in 23 (1+2+4+16) and you get 10111 for everything except race info (the fourth bit toggles the race info - it is represented by a value of 8, or 1000 in binary).

There's no correct sequence. Just add the values for the display modes you want together. The numbers just represent a five bit binary "switch" for that specific mode - 31 is 11111 in binary, so all modes are enabled. If you put in 30, then you get 11110 (the first bit obviously toggles the status display - which is why it is represented by a value of 1). Put in 23 (1+2+4+16) and you get 10111 for everything except race info (the fourth bit toggles the race info - it is represented by a value of 8, or 1000 in binary).
Thanks fixed!

@kenken would it be possible to rotate text fields? I have been looking into how I might display some of the information and having seen a design for one of the widgets rotating the txt 90 degrees (clockwise or anticlockwise) looks like it may help.

I found this:
https://github.com/ocornut/imgui/issues/705

Secondly I would like to be able to split the leadboard and / or highlight cars in different classes in multiclass races. Looking at evoHUD documentation I am already using:
Code:
local carClass = split(getTelemetryInfo(TI_VehicleName),":")[0];

This returns the car name and most cars (not all) have something like this in the .veh file
Description="CAT: Ben Gilles"

This is what is returned by "TI_VehicleName". However. I spotted the following in the .veh file:
Classes="Cat270"

Is there any way of getting this available to evoHUD or does AMS not make it available in the Telemetry.

Sorry for the extra requests after already sending you a lot in recent days!

Last edited:
@kenken would it be possible to rotate text fields? I have been looking into how I might display some of the information and having seen a design for one of the widgets rotating the txt 90 degrees (clockwise or anticlockwise) looks like it may help.

I found this:
https://github.com/ocornut/imgui/issues/705
First, I must you to ask why do you need it? If it's for functionality not for just better appearance, I'll consider it. But I can't find any good reason for it.
Secondly I would like to be able to split the leadboard and / or highlight cars in different classes in multiclass races. Looking at evoHUD documentation I am already using:
Code:
local carClass = split(getTelemetryInfo(TI_VehicleName),":")[0];

This returns the car name and most cars (not all) have something like this in the .veh file
Description="CAT: Ben Gilles"

This is what is returned by "TI_VehicleName". However. I spotted the following in the .veh file:
Classes="Cat270"

Is there any way of getting this available to evoHUD or does AMS not make it available in the Telemetry.

Sorry for the extra requests after already sending you a lot in recent days!
I can.

By the way, are you trying to test my limit of patience? It's a half joke, but I'm completely in the dark. No one knows what you are trying to make except your words. Show us your progress, not a words. Do you know the first reason to fail open source project is project shows no working product. Most people won't help the project without working product.

First, I must you to ask why do you need it? If it's for functionality not for just better appearance, I'll consider it. But I can't find any good reason for it.

I can.

By the way, are you trying to test my limit of patience? It's a half joke, but I'm completely in the dark. No one knows what you are trying to make except your words. Show us your progress, not a words. Do you know the first reason to fail open source project is project shows no working product. Most people won't help the project without working product.
I am using one of jims alpha build and its fantastic

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Forum trophies