Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
First, I must you to ask why do you need it? If it's for functionality not for just better appearance, I'll consider it. But I can't find any good reason for it.
To me functionality and appearance go hand in hand. For functionality to be useful you need it displayed to the user in an effective way. I want to create something like this:
(credit to @DaVeX↯ who has been helping me with design - not my strong point)
y4meATkrFzUwaDY2li0sUiB8S0BGe_v5pmEThJDXbF2omhje_bquZ-AqWRS5su2ca49fGy4EKSdf5qoYthWpYPgut3NAvkVqwvj6WKpI0sNiSJo2E_LM5A4PdLykyfg9y2UAKIG3lv1P_tur4UCNXLXA1MQJa3Gq9_jP1SOPb-9otylrS83lJRmLVJA1dYPe8QU4mOs0mbh0JDEpW9EWNDFwA

As you can see there is a lot of info on there. This will be one of the options on how to display tire temperatures (inside, middle, outside), pressure, wear and brake temps. I can;t be sure it will be effective / readable until I can test in game but I think it will work well. I have other versions that show less data for those that do not want to see all that detail.

So to me it is to allow the functionality of your excellent evoHUD to be displayed in the most effective way.

By the way, are you trying to test my limit of patience? It's a half joke, but I'm completely in the dark. No one knows what you are trying to make except your words. Show us your progress, not a words. Do you know the first reason to fail open source project is project shows no working product. Most people won't help the project without working product.
Certainly not trying to test the limits of your patience although I can fully appreciate that with all my requests I probably am (but it is not deliberate). Every request I have made I have considered carefully first so as to not waste your time developing anything I don't need.

I am more than happy to show you what I have so far. I will PM you a link to download the latest version. I would not even really class it as alpha version as the code needs refactoring and I am still missing some of the core functionality I want to add (mainly the GUI to allow moving of widgets and configuring of widget options).

What I do have working is the following:
  • widgets split off into separate folder to allow people to create their own and easily share their work with others
  • Configuration options saved to separate folder meaning the average user does not have to change settings in the nut files. There are separate settings allowed for different session types (practice, qually, race etc) which will overwrite the default / core options the user chooses
  • Optimum tire temperatures and tire pressures can be collated using the TimeTrial mode (advanced feature - disabled as standard). These settings are saved and can be distributed with the mod meaning that rather than guessing or using a standard "optimum" for brake temperatures and tire temperatures. The widgets base there colour display on the data collected if available.
  • Many other minor improvements - too many to mention. Many of the ideas taken from gidHUD and from suggestions people have PM'd me and of course from @Martin Fiala work.
It is still very much WIP and I did not want to release to anyone other than those helping me with development and testing before I was ready. I am sure you know that releasing something unreliable and hard to use to the masses is not likely to make them enjoy my work. I am not trying to hide it from you I just had not considered that you would be interested in my version. I will send a link to you this evening once I have zipped up my current version. I hope you like what you see but of course any feedback you want to give is fine. I stress that the code needs a lot of tidying and refactoring but what is in there at the moment does work.

Last edited:
To me functionality and appearance go hand in hand. For functionality to be useful you need it displayed to the user in an effective way. I want to create something like this:
(credit to @DaVeX↯ who has been helping me with design - not my strong point)
y4meATkrFzUwaDY2li0sUiB8S0BGe_v5pmEThJDXbF2omhje_bquZ-AqWRS5su2ca49fGy4EKSdf5qoYthWpYPgut3NAvkVqwvj6WKpI0sNiSJo2E_LM5A4PdLykyfg9y2UAKIG3lv1P_tur4UCNXLXA1MQJa3Gq9_jP1SOPb-9otylrS83lJRmLVJA1dYPe8QU4mOs0mbh0JDEpW9EWNDFwA
I'm not impressed this image at all. Too many information with small size font, it's just too destructive.

If you continue to ask request, I suggest you should create you own framework for suitable your plan. To be honest, I already feel I'm a servant for you and your great promising MOD.

Edit: I forgot to tell you this. vehicle class can retrieve by VI_VehicleName.

Well, speaking of testing the patience...you really don't have to be such a dick to people all the time, you know. You really don't. The fact you've created an amazing tool is not a license to be a jerk about it.

Sorry. But I've been desperately trying not to say something for weeks now.

I don't want to say it, honestly. But how much time I have to spend for his requests until he satisfied? The line must be drawn in somewhere.

Then simply say no politely. Nobody will blame you. You're not obligated to do the stuff people ask you to, and I'd say everyone understands that and does not expect you to. All that talk about feeling like a servant, having your patience tested and all that stuff you regularly include in your responses...it's completely unnecessary and it's not doing you any favours.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

Then simply say no politely. Nobody will blame you. You're not obligated to do the stuff people ask you to, and I'd say everyone understands that and does not expect you to. All that talk about feeling like a servant, having your patience tested and all that stuff you regularly include in your responses...it's completely unnecessary and it's not doing you any favours.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.
OK, I'll do it next time. I understood that say complain and accept request is not acceptable in here instead of refuse to accept without say any reasons.

I am not clear where we stand now @kenken. Probably due to the language barrier. All my requests for features were requests not demands and I did make it clear on more than one occasion that at any time you can say that you do not wish to continue. No hard feelings (there are still none) just a feeling that I could have made this so much more with your continued help.

I have also invested considerable time into the mod but much of what I plan is dependent on the features I have requested already (and no doubt more requests in the future as my mod evolves). You offered to make the code opensource and hand it over to others to continue development in a previous post a couple of weeks ago:
I suggest you I give source code and copyright of this MOD to you, then I quit and you fix it and take all responsibility for it. It surely makes all people happy.

Are you still willing to do this. I don't want you to feel a servant to my requests for features but I don't want to loose the time I have invested either. Maybe the best way forward is as you suggested to release the code so we can help as a community rather than being dependant on you.

Thanks.

Jim

I am not clear where we stand now @kenken. Probably due to the language barrier. All my requests for features were requests not demands and I did make it clear on more than one occasion that at any time you can say that you do not wish to continue. No hard feelings (there are still none) just a feeling that I could have made this so much more with your continued help.

I have also invested considerable time into the mod but much of what I plan is dependent on the features I have requested already (and no doubt more requests in the future as my mod evolves). You offered to make the code opensource and hand it over to others to continue development in a previous post a couple of weeks ago:

Are you still willing to do this. I don't want you to feel a servant to my requests for features but I don't want to loose the time I have invested either. Maybe the best way forward is as you suggested to release the code so we can help as a community rather than being dependant on you.

Thanks.

Jim
First, that offer is already expired because I simply don't have time to convert it as open source.

Second, I'm not the member of your project. I said request is welcome but I never offered unlimited cooperation.

I almost finish to implement all of your requests. After that, I refuse to accept further request from your project because I don't have time for it.

First, that offer is already expired because I simply don't have time to convert it as open source.
I almost finish to implement all of your requests. After that, I refuse to accept further request from your project because I don't have time for it.

As you are about to abandon the project I ask you to stop implementing my requests and use that time to zip up your source code and include an open source license txt file instead. A man of your skill and technical knowledge should be able to do this pretty quickly. Without that source code I am not sure I can continue. The risk of you deciding to remove evoHUD download or something else in the future would in an instant make my work a waste of time.

If your original offer to make the code open source was genuine rather than just a bluff then please devote any remaining time to this.

Otherwise thank you for your time. I appreciate all the work you have done for me. Now that you have stated you will not do anything more it makes the source essential for me to be able to complete my vision of a inclusive HUD, easy for all to use.

I have been nothing but polite, thankful, appreciative and helpful (collating debug logs for you to try and fix the crash and working with those that experience the crash to try and find the cause)

I hope you release the source code so my work and effort is not lost but if you want to get within sight of the finish line and then throw the towel in then that is of course your choice. A shame it will result in the waste of so much of yours and my time.

Last edited:
Politely, surely. But I asked you to compile your all requests. The fact is, you requested one, other, another, and another..... Is this polite?

I can't see when your requests are finished. I forced to involve your project before I realize it.

Servant wasn't proper word but I don't know proper word to express my current situation. All in the dark, keep implement endless requests, I have forced to cooperate with secret project.

Sorry break my words, this is my last complain.

Politely, surely. But I asked you to compile your all requests. The fact is, you requested one, other, another, and another..... Is this polite?
You asked me here to group requests together. That was 14 days ago.
I did as you asked and made no requests for 8 days whilst I grouped them together into one list here. I did remember an additional thing overnight and posted a few hours later the one extra item. I apologised for this and you did not hint that this 2nd post was a problem. So possibly you could say I made one request and then another but no more than that. I have asked additional questions about what is and is not possible but I have not asked you to add anything else since.

The only other request I have made other than above is for you to release the source code. I made this request after you stated you will no longer help me (about 24 hours ago). The whole point of having the source code is so that you no longer have to deal with my requests that seem to upset you so much. That source code will also mean my time over the past weeks on this project is not wasted. I'm really struggling here kenken. I can't see what I have done wrong other than ask you for features. Any question you have asked of me I have answered. I have helped with debugging and provided feedback on release candidates.

I can't see when your requests are finished. I forced to involve your project before I realize it.
Well the last group of requests were designed to be all the major things I would need. I am sure there will be others but they should be few. I don't think you can say I forced you to do anything. How is it even possible for me to do that? I asked for things, I requested things. I never forced you to do anything? You could say no at any point? I am frustrated to have invested a lot of time into this only for you to pull out right at the end. Please release the source code so I can save you time and finish my project. You will of course get full credit for all your hard work. I'll beg if it makes any difference.

Please please please kenken release the source code so that my time and effort is not wasted and so that I do not have to make any more requests from you.

Servant wasn't proper word but I don't know proper word to express my current situation. All in the dark, keep implement endless requests, I have forced to cooperate with secret project.
I have been really vocal about my ideas and progress making lots of posts on this thread. Any question you have asked I have answered. You asked to see what I had created (for the first time) about a day ago and the only reason I have not sent it to you (as I said I would) is because you almost immediately then stated you were no longer going to help me. I never forced you. The project is far from secret and when you said you were not happy making new features for a project you had not seen I immediately offered to send you everything.

What else can I do?

I ask you again. Please release the source code. It will relieve you of the unwanted work and allow my project to be completed.

This will be my final post on this. Please give me your final answer on if you will let me have access to the source code as you offered a couple of weeks ago.

I hope you manage to change your mind but if you don't then so be it. Nobkins version of evoHUD will be ended and my time and effort wasted.

Last edited:
For those that are interested I have uploaded my alpha version here:
evoHUD+ Nobkins mod of evoHUD 0.1.2 Alpha

This is uploaded in accordance with kenkens statement regarding distribution of mods of evoHUD made here:
About distribution of user modification, there are many things we have to consider. At this point, if you post your modification in here and inform me, I'm going to add url of your post to overview page. If you want to release as separated mod, please go ahead, I won't stop you.

Last edited:
No please guys, don't let this die!
@kenken please mate, I think I can speak for all the guys which downloaded and enjoy your mod, let this mod survive and evolve!
One of the best things for a project is to be succesfull and able to generate interest in the others, have you seen how many guys comes here after using your mod to give their opinion or their help? Looks at Nobkins and Martian Fiala, both comes here in order to learn from you the mod code or to help you improving the mod functions due the requests of unskilled users (like me) happy of your mod. This mod is so good which was able to attract here a Reiza dev who start using it too as main hud. A lot of users even if didn't know how to code started testing the mod and reported their results here (ok, often in non optimal way but at least they tried to help), some changed installation path or downloaded the game again spending their time to find the key behind the CTDs...
Now, the mod started to evolve, some users started to ask your help in order to sort out their vision of the mod and this generated even more interest on it...the reason is simple, your mod was a solid base and your knowledge of the code and help was so good that people started to build something bigger on it...
So, as conclusion, I can understand how you feel, something didn't go as should (specially comunication between all of us, but I think this could be a natural consequence of different factors, we are all from different part of the globe and we suffer of language barriers, different time zones and tempers...especially tempers...) but I think this mod brought a lot of enthusiasm and interest between users and maybe I am a romantic guy but I don't want to see wasted all the good things it brought...
Please, let it survive and evolve!

Last edited:
On this matter, I never say my development is over.

For you guys, what I said or what I feel are not important, I think all of you are thinking that I give this source code to someone else is the only way to survive this MOD. So my further development and my plan are useless for all of you. What a waste of my time!

On this matter, I never say my development is over.

For you guys, what I said or what I feel are not important, I think all of you are thinking that I give this source code to someone else is the only way to survive this MOD. So my further development and my plan are useless for all of you. What a waste of my time!

Ahem, no no no...I never said you should give your code, I said you shouldn't stop to work on it or stop helping the others (but only if you want and based on your times of course) because you started something big and without you all this can't survive...sounds quite different don't you think?
We are all waiting your future mod development and plans...
I also said we understand your feelings but at the same time no one wants or wanted to hurt you, what happened was due more to external factors (language barriers, tempers, etc) than lack of respect towards you so I was tryng to help you guys passing over it....(on side note, I think Nobkins will be more than happy to be part of a team with you...)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea