Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I don't know. I have the list but I can't say which is in 1.6.0. Some of technical, some of other reason. One thing for sure. I won't sacrifice performance. So, it's possible I might cancel some new feature which might be successfully implemented but having great loss of performance.

If you would like me as a silent party in the discussion to respond publicly instead of via likes or agrees then as a user of evohud for a long time I'm very happy with the progress.
I'm also really excited at the prospect of having the ability to use Jim's version as it will allow me to use a mouse in game to manipulate the location, size and colour of widgets.
I would love to be able to understand coding a little more but to be honest apart from being able to enter in the desired x and y values I'm stuck with whatever text size is default for each widget.
You might find it easy but as a pet food manufacturer I'm a little out of my depth when it comes to some of this stuff.
I feel this is where Jim's additions are really helpful.
The programming itself isn't hard if you use only core language feature. Searching web almost all example or beginner's tutorial can be found. Fortunately, squirrel is very similar to C. But, unfortunately, squirrel examples or technical knowledge base is very few on web. Remember this. Program always executes what you wrote, not what you expected. Just modify the code or parameters and see what's happen.

I don't think there's an easy way to do that. You'd have to go through the positioning of each widget and change it so it fits your resolution. You'd also likely have to scale the widgets to a more reasonable size for that resolution.

Martin Fiala,

Can you give me one or two tips on how I can do this?

Martin Fiala,

Can you give me one or two tips on how I can do this?

The widget position is at the end of the .nut file, if you look there, it should be fairly straightforward. The coordinates are from the center of the screen if I remember correctly.

Not at my PC right now, so can't do much more for you at this time. Might try to do more for you if you can tell me what layout you have in mind, if I'm able to set the game for your resolution on my PC.

@DOOMSDARK I am working on making evoHUD+ (custom version of evoHUD) scale based on your screen DPI as well as allowing you to move widgets using the mouse in game. Not there yet though.

Might be worth you keeping eye in here for updates.

The widget position is at the end of the .nut file, if you look there, it should be fairly straightforward. The coordinates are from the center of the screen if I remember correctly.

Not at my PC right now, so can't do much more for you at this time. Might try to do more for you if you can tell me what layout you have in mind, if I'm able to set the game for your resolution on my PC.

Tanks, 1366x768

Thanks, it's already gotten much better.

This first snapshot for 1.6.0.

Changelog:
  • added sqirrel preprocessor.
  • added DB_CarNumber.
  • added colorPicker, setTooltip, isItemHovered and getPressedButtonID API function.
  • added drawVeticalText and calcVerticalTextSize API functions.
  • added horizontal scrollbar option to beginWindow and beginChild.
  • improved delta bar appearance.
  • show version number.
  • fixed potential errors.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zcnhy0vnnwy97q8/evoHUD-snapshot348.7z

Thanks kenken,

Just loving what you're doing with evoHUD. I'm even excited to read your changelog :geek:
Also thanks to you Nobkins for your take on evoHUD+.
It's a luxury to have these versions available and they're highly appreciated for the heeps of time you both must invest in them. Thx.

I saw this early on but not recently. I restart loads when testing. I am not running the evoHUD native though but I would have thought someone would have reported it.

I saw this early on but not recently. I restart loads when testing. I am not running the evoHUD native though but I would have thought someone would have reported it.
Although most of us CTD last Monday as soon as we went to Race mode, had to restart the server. Not sure those who CTD were using evoHUD but most guys CTD as soon as the server when to Race. Some thought it could be the AMS update. Not sure what happened since with other online races.

@kenken

Any plan to make the HUD code resolution independent so widgets/texts have the same size no matter the rendering resolution (which can be higher than the screen physical resolution with NVIDIA DSR) and screen size ? it should not be too difficult and consist of applying a scale factor to all pixel sizes. If current pixel sizes are designed for a 1080p resolution, then a scale factor of h/1080 must be applied where h is the height of the game rendering resolution. Calculation might be slightly different to scale fonts properly.

Last edited:
@kenken hey mate @Alex Sawczuk says on AMS forums EvoHUD can give CTD when restarting race. I tagged him here maybe he could say something more in his free time if this hasn't been reported already.
I knew he posted several weeks ago. But, unfortunately, I couldn't reproduce it at that point. Since then, I modified and fixed many potential issues even after 1.5.0 release. So I can't say anything but test with latest snapshot.
@kenken

Any plan to make the HUD code resolution independent so widgets/texts have the same size no matter the rendering resolution (which can be higher than the screen physical resolution with NVIDIA DSR) and screen size ? it should not be too difficult and consist of applying a scale factor to all pixel sizes. If current pixel sizes are designed for a 1080p resolution, then a scale factor of h/1080 must be applied where h is the height of the game rendering resolution. Calculation might be slightly different to scale fonts properly.
No plan. If I might do something about scaling, it will be for HiDPI, not for ultra high screen resolution. Because supporting HiDPI is DLL side job.

No plan. If I might do something about scaling, it will be for HiDPI, not for ultra high screen resolution. Because supporting HiDPI is DLL side job.

That's unfortunate. Using pixel for sizes and positions in 2017 is well...how to say it...not ideal.
Ideally, device independent pixels should be used, with for example the convention that 1 dip = 1 px @ 1080p.
That's how sizes are specified in Android development so everything has the right size no matter the screen physical size and resolution (it takes into account screen dot-per-inch as well).

Anyway, I suppose I can go edit the .nut and add the scale factor myself everywhere silly pixels are used...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back