Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
@DaVeX↯ It's an easy enough change to do yourself, though. Just replace this (lines 615-617 in unmodified .nut)
Code:
        pushFont(::gearFont);
        draw.text(15, 15, 0xffffffff, gearStr);
        popFont();

with
Code:
        if (rpm < maxRpm * 0.93) {
        } else  {
            draw.text(15, 15, 0xff3333ff, gearStr);
        }
        popFont();

You can tweak at what rpms does the indicator turn red by changing the number 0.93 (as in 93 percent of maximum rpms) to something else (between 0 and 1, obviously), and you can also tweak the color by changing the 0xff3333ff to something else - pure red would be 0xff0000ff, I'm using a slightly lighter red.

@DaVeX↯ It's an easy enough change to do yourself, though. Just replace this (lines 615-617 in unmodified .nut)
Code:
        popFont();

with
Code:
        if (rpm < maxRpm * 0.93) {
        } else  {
            draw.text(15, 15, 0xff3333ff, gearStr);
        }
        popFont();

You can tweak at what rpms does the indicator turn red by changing the number 0.93 (as in 93 percent of maximum rpms) to something else (between 0 and 1, obviously), and you can also tweak the color by changing the 0xff3333ff to something else - pure red would be 0xff0000ff, I'm using a slightly lighter red.
Thanks mate, very appreciated... I think dashboard layout and features (icons changing colours based on status, etc) needs some more love right now...who will take care of it?
@Alex Sawczuk can you help us to make P2P, engine, gear, etc icons working?Just an hint...
I hope all the great things you guys are doing will be released all together in a single .nut file for our joy!

Last edited:
Not had chance to look into imgui too deeply. Will make time and get back to you but I don't want to create a lot of work for you so hoping to try and use the GUI elements you have created already.

In terms of mouse I need to be able to get position. If it is possible to toggle the cursor display that would be great also. Also mouse click detection.

That should do it but until I start to try and make it work I can't be sure!

Thanks Kenken
I'm going to add mouse position and cursor display API function, I'll post it new snapshot later. For detecting mouse button action, you can use isKeyXXX with VK_LBUTTON(0x01) or VK_RBUTTON(0x02).
First of all this plugin is brilliant! Thank you for all the effort. :)

So this is my question, and forgive me if it is dumb. I want the trackmap to not zoom or rotate. It looks correct when I drive down the pit lane but once I am on track it changes.

I am using the virtualmirror nut file version, renamed to "evoHUD.nut" and this line is set like so:
trackMap(5, -460, false, true)

70E46348C0DEDC1A40152033A96E631516A3F3A6

03AB054616AD350EBCA1EB38774A73A9886EA8D0
The magnification of track map is hard coded, so you should modify 'local mag = 2.0;' in line 682 to 'local mag = 1.0;'.

Hi all.
After see @DaVeX↯ talking a lot about this hud on Reiza beta forum :D I've decided to try it, due to dynhud problems.
It seems very nice hud for AMS.. but I'm having CTD after track loading.. :cry: like some others users. It works for me only once, when I tried to run AMS as Admin.. but after.. the game starts to CTD too.. running as admin or not. Well if you need someone to help on tests about this problem... I'm here! :whistling:

Hi all.
After see @DaVeX↯ talking a lot about this hud on Reiza beta forum :D I've decided to try it, due to dynhud problems.
It seems very nice hud for AMS.. but I'm having CTD after track loading.. :cry: like some others users. It works for me only once, when I tried to run AMS as Admin.. but after.. the game starts to CTD too.. running as admin or not. Well if you need someone to help on tests about this problem... I'm here! :whistling:
Thanks your offer. First, try latest snapshot I'll post it later.

By the way, current status is:
I quit chase this issue because no one willing to help till fix the issue. I guess people think I'll solve it sooner or later without someone's help. How can I solve the issue which I can't reproduce it?

@Edilson Freschi Hi mate, I am testing all the current releases and snapshots from Kenken and I didn't have any CTD so far...so I think can be helpfull to know from you and others with the same problems which are yours specs like which OS are you running, etc...
As far as we know the latest win10 update doesn't like the java release used ingame from DynHUD, have you tried to revert back to it to see if you still have CTD?
If yes try as suggested on Reiza forums: "you can get the game working again by removing d3d9.dll from the game folder (rename d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll if you wish to keepSweetFX)"
Btw, the more we are the better is for kenken and the others guys helping him here so help me spreading the word ;)

Ps: sorry for the "spam" but he did such a great work...

Last edited:
@Edilson Freschi Hi mate, I am testing all the current releases and snapshots from Kenken and I didn't have any CTD so far...so I think can be helpfull to know from you and others with the same problems which are yours specs like which OS are you running, etc...
As far as we know the latest win10 update doesn't like the java release used ingame from DynHUD, have you tried to revert back to it to see if you still have CTD?
If yes try as suggested on Reiza forums: "you can get the game working again by removing d3d9.dll from the game folder (rename d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll if you wish to keepSweetFX)"
Btw, the more we are the better is for kenken and the others guys helping him here ;)

Ps: sorry for the "spam" but he did such a great work...

Here we go...

My specs are:
Intel i5 2500k - 8Gb RAM - SSD 256Gb - Windows 10 x64 - NVidia GeForce GTX 960 - Automobilista (1.4.72)

About dynhud:
I don't know if I'm running on last Windows 10 update, but if I back original d3d9.dll my dynhud IS WORKING, I'm having "only" other older problems (like delta bar disappear when someone leaves multiplayer room, etc).

About evoHud:
I tried use evoHud yesterday, my AMS was installed in a non-default steam folder (c:\games\...). I read in this thread some pages ago that this could be a problem.. so last night I uninstall my AMS and reinstalled on default folder (c:\program files(x86)\Steam\.....). I installed the evoHud (Released on RD 1.4.0) on this AMS fresh installation.. but in 100% of times my game CTD after load track.

I will try with snapshot 244 and post a reply here asap.
(sorry my bad english)

I tried use evoHud yesterday, my AMS was installed in a non-default steam folder (c:\games\...). I read in this thread some pages ago that this could be a problem.. so last night I uninstall my AMS and reinstalled on default folder (c:\program files(x86)\Steam\.....). I installed the evoHud (Released on RD 1.4.0) on this AMS fresh installation.. but in 100% of times my game CTD after load track.
This is interesting, I have my copy of AMS installed in a different HDD but no problems on my side...

Damn it, why do the notifications for new posts in this thread randomly stop working? :( Happened more than once now - it says I'm watching the thread, but no notifications while there's a lot of new posts...

Well, anyway, if anybody feels adventurous, here's my .nut file to test. Hopefully it's in a usable state (it seems to work for me), but bear in mind that I don't guarantee the game will not crash on you or something like that (in fact it did crash on me on Monday at the start of the formation lap in the club race because of my modifications of EvoHUD, but hopefully it's now fixed - seems to be as far as I can tell).

The changes are mostly cosmetic - widget placement to my preference plus to not overlap with anything, size, some color changes for the sake of readability and stuff like that. Also the gear indicator turns red near the redline. I've only added a small widget with race time remaining, lap and position. It's made for 1920x1080 resolution with full virtual mirrors on, as you can see:

AMS_2017_09_14_23_09_35_556-X3.png

Obviously rename the .txt file to .nut.
Sorry to late reply. Do you want to add this post to overview page? It seems no problem as far as I saw those screenshot.

@kenken No worries, I wasn't really expecting a reply anyway, because what's there to say, it's just a small tweak :)

Anyway, it's really up to you. I'll definitely be tweaking it some more, though, if only to show some usable info about laps left in lap based races, as already mentioned.

Thanks your offer. First, try latest snapshot I'll post it later.

By the way, current status is:
I quit chase this issue because no one willing to help till fix the issue. I guess people think I'll solve it sooner or later without someone's help. How can I solve the issue which I can't reproduce it?
I am still willing to help Kenken to resolve the problem, but I need guidance from you as to what to do.
My Windows built is in post #274.
I installed your latest snapshot 244 and it still CTD after track loaded.
Two things bugging me, a) According to a post here and posts on Reiza forum, the latest Win 10 update could not like the Java version and b) my game is freezing at random intervals (not total freezes but freezes lasting from .5 sec to 6 seconds).
Although I deleted most of the game folders completely and did an integrity check replacing the files, I will do a complete un-install tomorrow and re-install the game again to ensure it is not the game files playing up.
I also tried running it as Administrator but that also cause it to crash.

Check the API docs:

getMousePos()
current mouse position, in pixels.
Returns: array = [x, y].

showCursor(show)
show mouse cursor.
Arguments:
show
(bool) – default is false.

Ahem...ok...this is about the coding part (I suppose lol), I mean...as user...should I see something on HUD or this is something for you guys working on it?

@Christo Nieuwoudt can you try this?
Delete original d3d9.dll or backup/rename it and install EvoHud (1.4 + snapshot), now test it two times, first time with d3d9.dll provided by Kenken...and second time without it...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea