Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Please advise if there is any solution or ideas when the track map is missing. I do get the track map for this specific track in dynhud but not in evohud. I have this problem in a couple other tracks also. Thank you for any advice.

EFAA0D2F18E130002B5DDCD40265F2145B2C4FC1
Please give me the list of track which doesn't show track map. I guess file structure of those is different from official tracks.

Sure but please note that these are tracks that I have added from RF1 or SCE. I have added over 100 tracks to AMS myself. Would you need the actual tracks for those that have the track map issues?

Feedback on Input Helper
For first stage of Direct Input button support, I created helper app for finding button identifier. Basically, same logic for this app is going to use to evoHUD. So, please test this with your wheel or button box. One more thing, I have no plan for supporting XInput device.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/3qylbo274dslupz/DInputHelper-preview.7z
I have a G27 and the Direct Input helper app works perfectly. I tried every button and it showed up indicating the code of the button pressed. It does not show any analogue inputs (pedals / wheel rotation) - just confirming not saying we need this added.

Feedback on Mouse Support
This is new snapshot 244.

Brief changelog:
  • add getMousePos and showCursor
  • fixed driver name with "(AI)" prefix
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xo2jaaxlw22wgbo/evoHUD-snapshot244.7z
getMousePos works perfectly
showCursor works perfectly.

An Official DLC track that gives the "Track Map Unavailable"
I randomly chose the Formula Truck with Adelaide when testing (this uses Automobilista\GameData\Locations\Adelaide\Adelaide) and I got the Track Map unavailable message. This track is official DLC.

Suggestion
Add a variable for nut file to access the evoHUD version (build / snapshot version). That way we can easily confirm what version people are running when trying to understand problems reported.

Questions
  1. When I mess up the nut file with a typo / coding error an empty debug window appears in the top left. Is there anyway I can work with this to output the error message / line number to help fix my coding errors more easily.
  2. I see this code to trigger reload whern ALT + G is pressed:
    Code:
    setReloadKey("g", KeyAlt);
    I am using ALT + D to turn on a custom window showing the value of lots of variables (to help with debugging / testing). This is the code I use to detect ALT+D:
    Code:
    if (isKeyDown(18) && isKeyPressed(68)) { // Alt + 'D' key
        ::bDebugData = !::bDebugData;
    }
    Is there a better way of checking for key combinations (ALT+, SHIFT+, CTRL+) than what I did?
  3. I've been thinking about the gui interface and what elements I might need from imgui. I don't want to create a lot of work for you but I imagine there will be some trial and error involved for me to create the gui. What is the best way to proceed with elements from ingui that I think I might need? Currently I am thinking that most options can be changed using combo boxes (combo) and then just need an ok and cancel button.
Thanks once again @kenken

Feedback on Input Helper

I have a G27 and the Direct Input helper app works perfectly. I tried every button and it showed up indicating the code of the button pressed. It does not show any analogue inputs (pedals / wheel rotation) - just confirming not saying we need this added.

Feedback on Mouse Support

getMousePos works perfectly
showCursor works perfectly.
Thanks for reporting. There is no analog inputs support because I don't think there is necessary to support them for HUD operations.
Suggestion
Add a variable for nut file to access the evoHUD version (build / snapshot version). That way we can easily confirm what version people are running when trying to understand problems reported.
I have no objection for this, so I put it on my TODO.

Questions
  1. When I mess up the nut file with a typo / coding error an empty debug window appears in the top left. Is there anyway I can work with this to output the error message / line number to help fix my coding errors more easily.
  2. I see this code to trigger reload whern ALT + G is pressed:
    Code:
    setReloadKey("g", KeyAlt);
    I am using ALT + D to turn on a custom window showing the value of lots of variables (to help with debugging / testing). This is the code I use to detect ALT+D:
    Code:
    if (isKeyDown(18) && isKeyPressed(68)) { // Alt + 'D' key
        ::bDebugData = !::bDebugData;
    }
    Is there a better way of checking for key combinations (ALT+, SHIFT+, CTRL+) than what I did?
  3. I've been thinking about the gui interface and what elements I might need from imgui. I don't want to create a lot of work for you but I imagine there will be some trial and error involved for me to create the gui. What is the best way to proceed with elements from ingui that I think I might need? Currently I am thinking that most options can be changed using combo boxes (combo) and then just need an ok and cancel button.
A1: I already tried the same thing you suggested. But, unfortunately, there is a lot of side effect. So, I gave up.
A2: There are new input handling API functions for supporting Direct Input device and current input API functions will be obsolete.
A3: I see. I think there is no best or better way to minimize amount of work. I guess, probably, you can't image the final form of what you want to create yet. For now, I'll implement combo box and button. I suggest to proceed your plan with those gui parts.

Great thanks kenken. I want to add a new icon to the newicons.dds. What format is it saved in? My options when saving with GImp are as follows:
  • Compression
    • None
    • BC1 / DXT1
    • BC2 / DXT3
    • BC3 / DXT5
    • (some other options but I think it is probably one of above
  • Mimaps
    • No mipmaps
    • generate mimaps

Great thanks kenken. I want to add a new icon to the newicons.dds. What format is it saved in? My options when saving with GImp are as follows:
  • Compression
    • None
    • BC1 / DXT1
    • BC2 / DXT3
    • BC3 / DXT5
    • (some other options but I think it is probably one of above
  • Mimaps
    • No mipmaps
    • generate mimaps
Practically, it's up to you. The default dds is DXT5 without minimaps. Minimaps are only required for better image quality in case you use scaling images.

A2: There are new input handling API functions for supporting Direct Input device and current input API functions will be obsolete.
Look forward to this. Thanks.

I tried the combination that did not support track map (Adelaide and Formula Truck) with snapshot 249. I still get track map unavailable.

Yeah I am still missing track maps. I created a new profile and they worked but after loading like the 3rd track or so then they were all broken, even default Reiza tracks with any car. Just trying to help provide info to make this hud better. ;)

Sorry guys. This is fixed snapshot. I'm not sure this works all of tracks, since I modified track map identify routine.

@Nobkins, just to be sure, does version 1.4.0 work?

Edit: forget this snapshot. I find there is still need to fix.

Last edited:
It seems that memory allocation failed at AMS start. It's quite strange. Anyway, here is test-3 with fix this memory allocation failure.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9k0r1b09q1dfqxb/testdll-3.7z
HI @kenken - I placed your testdll-3 files in their folders and still got a CTD, same place after track loaded.
I have created a new dump file for you to see if it is still a memory allocation issue or maybe something else now.
Dump file with snapshot testdll-3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/biz5rb0t59nr8j6/AMS.exe_170917_201453.dmp?dl=0

I then copied your snapshot 249 in the game, still CTD.
Dump file with snapshot 249: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wrfua0b03vdbbh/AMS.exe_170917_205503.dmp?dl=0
Thanks again.........

Last edited:
@kenken I would like to be able to iterate files in a folder so that I can make each widget / element a separate chunk of code. I see this as having the following advantages:
  • the single evoHUD.nut file should never need editing by those who want to add a custom widget.
  • Anyone can make their own widget and add it to the folder as a separate chunk of code.
  • My evoHUD.nut is approaching 1500 lines so splitting it up will make it easier to work on
At the moment I have each widget as a separate chunk of code but I have to add an "import(widget.nut);" line for each widget into the evoHUD.nut. After much googling it seems that squirrel does not support iterating a folder.

Is their anything you can do to help? Would you be able to add something like:
directoryIterate(directory);
Which returned an array of files found in the directory passed?

Sorry for not testing the DInput app sooner, I kinda forgot about it :(

Anyway, I can confirm that it reads all the buttons on my T300 wheel, as well as on the G25 shifter connected via the Bodnar adapter perfectly fine.

@Edilson Freschi. To find where is cause the CTD,
First, put these files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/y082z8uqdo9ksjc/testdll-1.7z
start debugview(https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647) prior start AMS.
Goto test day or time trial.

Please try above procedure for both CTD case and no CTD case.

Then copy all debugview log and attach them to your post.

@kenken sorry for delay to answer, I was having a lot of problems with my PC with windows 10.. AMS and others applications was not working properly so I decided to reinstall my windows and back to windows 8.1 for a while. I'm downloading AMS right now and tonight I'll try to run with evoHud an post the result here. If problem persists I'll try to get these debug files to analyze. Thank you for your time.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.