Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Is there a way to get the nut script to know when the player goes out on track (hits the little triangle button in bottom right corner)? Alternatively is it possible to make a function execute every time they press escape to go back to pits?

You have the startSession function so hoping we can have a startDriving and maybe finishDriving function (for completeness).

I need it to reset an average fuel usage calculation. I have tried a lot ways using the various data coming from the game to detect it but it is being difficult.
I think startRealTime function is what you are looking for.

Ahh I thought that was to do with switching between realtime leadboard gaps and the gap when you last crossed finish line. 2 days trying to work out a way of detecting it and I should have just asked here.

Thanks once again @kenken.

OK. I fixed it.

Replace
Code:
                if (names.len() > 1) {
                    textf(AlignLeft, "%s.%s", names[0].slice(0, 1), fullName.slice(names[0].len()));
in line 100 and 506 with
Code:
                if (names.len() > ((names[0] == "(AI)") ? 2: 1)) {
                    if (names[0] != "(AI)") {
                        textf(AlignLeft, "%s.%s", names[0].slice(0, 1), fullName.slice(names[0].len()));
                    } else {
                        textf(AlignLeft, "%s %s.%s", names[0], names[1].slice(0, 1), fullName.slice(names[0].len() + names[1].len() + 1));
                    }

That sounds good @kenken . I'll test tonight and give some feedback if you like. I'm starting work tonight on in-game GUI to control settings and position of elements. What is the likelihood of adding mouse support? I'm not hassling just enquiring so I can direct my work on the gui towards only keyboard or also having access to mouse input.

Thanks

Last edited:
That sounds good @kenken . I'll test tonight and give some feedback if you like. I'm starting work tonight on in-game GUI to control settings and position of elements. What is the likelihood of adding mouse support? I'm not hassling just enquiring so I can direct my work on the guidelines towards only keyboard or also having access to mouse input.

Thanks
Do you need only mouse position(and maybe mouse cursor display toggle), nothing else? If you also need additional imgui elements, let me know which you want to add.

I was away from this thread for a couple of days and now I am back to see Kenken still working hard with a nice group of guys helping him! I really hope you guys will stick together and release it as the HUD AMS deserve!
Great work from Kenken as usual and great help from you guys!
I will continue my secret work as PR spamming your work on forums and discord channels in the meantime...more users incoming! :p

@kenken I don't know if the recently reported CTD are related to this but on AMS forums you can read a statement from devs about the latest Win 10 update:

"The Windows update does not like the Java version used with Dynhud.

Until we force a hot fix through, you can get the game working again by removing d3d9.dll from the game folder (rename d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll if you wish to keep SweetFX)."

@julien2324 try to install it again and see if the temporary fix suggested here works for you...

Last edited:
"[USER=29704 said:
@kenken[/USER] I don't know if the recently reported CTD are related to this but on AMS forums you can read this from devs:

"The Windows update does not like the Java version used with Dynhud.

Until we force a hot fix through, you can get the game working again by removing d3d9.dll from the game folder (rename d3d9_2.dll to d3d9.dll if you wish to keep SweetFX)."

Interesting, as we are battling for a long time why some machines CTD and some not...

My Win 10 did an update today, now verion 1703, build 15063.608. Now DynHUD also cause the game to CTD, where before it was fine, only CTD with evoHUD before. Also what I found, AMS is freezing from less than a second to up to 6 seconds at random intervals. Could happen every lap or sometimes every 3rd or so lap, then it could be fine for a long time, so very random freezes. This does not happen to any other of my games, Dirt - Dirt 4 - AC - RF2 etc. So at least we get to some point now, thanks Davide.

Last edited:
Do you need only mouse position(and maybe mouse cursor display toggle), nothing else? If you also need additional imgui elements, let me know which you want to add.
Not had chance to look into imgui too deeply. Will make time and get back to you but I don't want to create a lot of work for you so hoping to try and use the GUI elements you have created already.

In terms of mouse I need to be able to get position. If it is possible to toggle the cursor display that would be great also. Also mouse click detection.

That should do it but until I start to try and make it work I can't be sure!

Thanks Kenken

First of all this plugin is brilliant! Thank you for all the effort. :)

So this is my question, and forgive me if it is dumb. I want the trackmap to not zoom or rotate. It looks correct when I drive down the pit lane but once I am on track it changes.

I am using the virtualmirror nut file version, renamed to "evoHUD.nut" and this line is set like so:
trackMap(5, -460, false, true)

70E46348C0DEDC1A40152033A96E631516A3F3A6

03AB054616AD350EBCA1EB38774A73A9886EA8D0

Damn it, why do the notifications for new posts in this thread randomly stop working? :( Happened more than once now - it says I'm watching the thread, but no notifications while there's a lot of new posts...

Well, anyway, if anybody feels adventurous, here's my .nut file to test. Hopefully it's in a usable state (it seems to work for me), but bear in mind that I don't guarantee the game will not crash on you or something like that (in fact it did crash on me on Monday at the start of the formation lap in the club race because of my modifications of EvoHUD, but hopefully it's now fixed - seems to be as far as I can tell).

The changes are mostly cosmetic - widget placement to my preference plus to not overlap with anything, size, some color changes for the sake of readability and stuff like that. Also the gear indicator turns red near the redline. I've only added a small widget with race time remaining, lap and position. It's made for 1920x1080 resolution with full virtual mirrors on, as you can see:
AMS_2017_09_19_03_49_49_499.png

AMS_2017_09_14_23_09_35_556-X3.png

AMS_2017_09_19_04_01_32_328_crop.png

Obviously rename the .txt file to .nut.

Attachments

• evoHUD.txt
    31.3 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Awesome @Martin Fiala. Also I notice that you use same track and car as me for testing (we should be quick in tonight's race!).

Is it ok with you I'll steal the code for the laps left / time left widget?

I need to do more testing on my but file then will also release. Did not get chance to work on the GUI for control of position, options in game yet.

we should be quick in tonight's race!

Yeah, personally, I'm not holding my breath ;) I fully expect to be last (or close to last) as usual.

Is it ok with you I'll steal the code for the laps left / time left widget?

If you think my kindergarten level code is worth it, by all means go ahead :) I'm definitely not a coder, I just have some basic understanding of code.
Oh, and BTW, I don't have a laps left info available, just time left. And you've just made me realize I only ever tested time type races, not lap type ones until now...:( The widget still works, thankfully, but obviously no useful info is shown in those races. So I should probably add a detection of the race type and show the appropriate info...back to the drawing board I guess...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back