Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I've also done some modifications to the overall layout (mostly positioning and size, and some color tweaks, especially to blue as I found the primary blue way too dark), plus I've added a simple lap and position widget (that I need to test a bit more), so I kinda interested in the answers on how to share the modified layout as well (provided there would be interest).

i-4qr87tJ.png

I'd also love a relative timing widget similar to iRacing's or to AC Realtime app, but not sure if my basic skills (I can mostly understand and modify some code and even write a simple thing myself, but only write a very basic things myself) will be enough to actually make one.

I've also done some modifications to the overall layout (mostly positioning and size, and some color tweaks, especially to blue as I found the primary blue way too dark), plus I've added a simple lap and position widget (that I need to test a bit more), so I kinda interested in the answers on how to share the modified layout as well (provided there would be interest).

i-4qr87tJ.png

I'd also love a relative timing widget similar to iRacing's or to AC Realtime app, but not sure if my basic skills (I can mostly understand and modify some code and even write a simple thing myself, but only write a very basic things myself) will be enough to actually make one.
I'm not sure this is the answer for your question. There is import API. It can load other additional nut file and run it.

For example,
put your widget nut file(custom.nut) into Plugins\evoHUD.
then, modify evoHUD.nut.
Code:
// evoHUD squirrel script
// Important: File encoding must be save as UTF-8 with signature.

import("custom"); // add this line.

function initialize()
{
and add your function to render();

Probably it's the simplest and clean way for new widget.

About distribution of user modification, there are many things we have to consider. At this point, if you post your modification in here and inform me, I'm going to add url of your post to overview page. If you want to release as separated mod, please go ahead, I won't stop you.

I'm not sure this is the answer for your question.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what question was that supposed to answer :) I've modified most of your original widgets, so I don't see how would the import function help me with that.

About distribution of user modification, there are many things we have to consider. At this point, if you post your modification in here and inform me, I'm going to add url of your post to overview page. If you want to release as separated mod, please go ahead, I won't stop you.

OK, thanks. I'll poke around a bit more to try some other things I have in mind and once I have the .nut in a usable state, I guess I'll just post it here.

Thanks for your feedback on releasing mods for the nut file. I would be happy with a link from your overview page.

I've checked the manual @kenken but I can't find a way of getting the pit speed limit. Is that possible? I want to develop an indicator to tell the driver if they are over the pit speed limit or not (helps for cars that have no speed limiter).

There are two values I think. Race pit speed and every other session pit speed limit.

Thanks, but I'm not sure what question was that supposed to answer :) I've modified most of your original widgets, so I don't see how would the import function help me with that.
It's not useful for modification of existing code, as you said, sorry to confuse you.

My basic stance is if modification is not belong to personal preference, I will merge it to default nut if you agree with. If it's for layout or personal preference, I think it should be separate nut(including evoHUD archive or not is necessary to discuss).

Thanks for your feedback on releasing mods for the nut file. I would be happy with a link from your overview page.

I've checked the manual @kenken but I can't find a way of getting the pit speed limit. Is that possible? I want to develop an indicator to tell the driver if they are over the pit speed limit or not (helps for cars that have no speed limiter).

There are two values I think. Race pit speed and every other session pit speed limit.
Unfortunately, there is no parameter for pit lane speed limit in internal plugin. These parameters are in gdb file, so I have to add API to d3d9.dll. I will do it if you need it:)

Unfortunately, there is no parameter for pit lane speed limit in internal plugin. These parameters are in gdb file, so I have to add API to d3d9.dll. I will do it if you need it:)
If you don't mind that would be much appreciated. No rush though. Just when you have chance.

The pitlimit info works perfectly thanks kenken.
My modded version of the nut file now includes:
  • Display speeds in Mph or Kph
  • Force full names rather than Initial + surname in leaderboard - optional
  • Leaderboard colour coded (red for faster drivers, green for slower, player in white) - optional
  • Leaderboard displays top speed each driver has reached - optional
  • Leaderboard displays how many pit stops each driver has made in race - optional
  • When in pit at a standstill the timings board displays. This now shows the current pit speed limit and the race pit speed limit (something I am often asked what they are when running the AMS Club events)
  • When in pit lane and moving a single starting light is displayed that changes colour to indicate how close you are to the pit limit (red for over, orange for within 3, yellow within 10, otherwise green) - optional (idea from gidHUD)
  • Dashboard (gear indicator, speed etc) now adjusts position based on resolution being used to prevent overlap of in game menu in bottom right corner
Things I'm looking into / considering / may never happen!
  • Tire pressure info
  • small popup that appears at end of each sector giving you the split time compared to your best and session best (idea from gidHUD)
  • To increase user friendliness of the plug-in move all configuration options into a separate file and make the code handle missing configurations safely
  • Look at feasibility of adjusting elements in game using simple GUI (idea from gidHUD)
I think @kenken has developed a fantastic tool and my aims are to add in additional features and increase the ease of use to maximise the audience.

I'll post a link to a pre-release version of my modified file so people can test and provide feedback soon as I am happy with it.

@kenken. Sorry for all the requests and questions. I'm looking into getting input from the keyboard and mouse in order to potentially create an in game gui to allow basic configuration and positioning of the elements.

We obviously have the a few keyboard input methods (isKeyPressed etc). Is there any means of getting mouse input? I know the mouse is not visible when driving but I'm guessing it is still possible to get the location of the mouse.

Another feature request I guess. Is it possible to get mouse information?

Hi @kenken - log file as requested, I see there is lines with "access denied", maybe that is the problem, leave it to the experts though. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj005seisfxjxd3/Christo dbgview.log?dl=0
It seems fail to communicate with evoHUD.dll. I don't know why at this point.
Did you run game with restricted user privilege? If so, try run as administrator. And also try snapshot 230.
Question: Must the newicons.dds file just be a white square or must there be icons in it? Maybe this is what's wrong!!!
What app did you use to look at dds? if background is white, you look nothing because all of icons have white foreground color.

@kenken. Sorry for all the requests and questions. I'm looking into getting input from the keyboard and mouse in order to potentially create an in game gui to allow basic configuration and positioning of the elements.

We obviously have the a few keyboard input methods (isKeyPressed etc). Is there any means of getting mouse input? I know the mouse is not visible when driving but I'm guessing it is still possible to get the location of the mouse.

Another feature request I guess. Is it possible to get mouse information?
Technically, you can. Just need to add some APIs. And also evoHUD uses imgui for drawing gui element.
Go to https://github.com/ocornut/imgui and download demo app. You can see what you can and can't with it.

It would indeed be great if it would be possible to bind evoHUD actions to controller buttons as well - so I could for example turn the track map or fuel widget on and off using a button mapping on my controller (like I have DynHUD set up to).

Failure to communicate with evohud .dll @Christo Nieuwoudt. Early on I had my antivirus prevent me from extracting one of the dll's with a false positive match. Could be worth checking if your antivirus has maybe quarantined the evohud.dll or is blocking access or has removed it.

Long shot but you never know.

@Christo Nieuwoudt
'access denied' you mentioned coming from windows error report(wer.dll), it's windows system file. It might something wrong with your system, I'm not sure.

There are a lot of 'CClientClient::SendEnumerateExRequest(): WaitForCompletion() returned with error 0x00000103' message, did you get same message even if you remove evoHUD?

It would indeed be great if it would be possible to bind evoHUD actions to controller buttons as well - so I could for example turn the track map or fuel widget on and off using a button mapping on my controller (like I have DynHUD set up to).
I don't have any experience with dinput. So I can't promise anything but I'll try to implement.
@Alex Sawczuk does AMS provide the optimum tire temperature info to plugins? If not could you give any insight on how that info could be obtained to give better feedback in evoHUD.
Optimal tire temperature describes in tbc file. Unfortunately, we can't access it for most of vehicle in AMS.

Is there a way to get the nut script to know when the player goes out on track (hits the little triangle button in bottom right corner)? Alternatively is it possible to make a function execute every time they press escape to go back to pits?

You have the startSession function so hoping we can have a startDriving and maybe finishDriving function (for completeness).

I need it to reset an average fuel usage calculation. I have tried a lot ways using the various data coming from the game to detect it but it is being difficult.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%