Resource icon

Other evoHUD 1.5.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for reporting. With non-beta and default install path?

Non beta, and the install path is technically default, except I've got Steam installed on D drive instead of on C, plus the "automobilista" folder is actually a junction pointing to another drive. So it's a bit more complicated ;)

Non beta, and the install path is technically default, except I've got Steam installed on D drive instead of on C, plus the "automobilista" folder is actually a junction pointing to another drive. So it's a bit more complicated ;)
I see. You did test my concerns. It's very informative, thanks again.

No, pre1.4 i had occasional ctds when loading a track as described by others, I don't get that anymore.
Oh, I misread your message. Sorry to bother you.

By the way, When I get CTD, steam reports game is running while AMS process doesn't exist in process list of task manager since 1.4.72. I think it's due to steam update because debug view shows steam doesn't release thread properly.

If AMS crashes, I have to quit Logitech profiler (I use a Logitech 3D joystick as a handbrake) in order to convince steam that AMS has quit.

Which version you tested, 1.4.0 or latest snapshot(220-1)?
Try private test(no AI) on test day or time trial.
Hi @kenken
I tested with Latest snapshot 220-1. It also crash in private test and Time Trial. In Private Test it crash as soon as the track is loaded, but in Time Trial it only crash when I hit the Drive button, if that will help!

I then tested snapshot 224 and it crashed the same way as above.
I finally tested with snapshot 227 and it crashed same way as above. Weird that it crash at different points between Test day and Time Trial.

I also tried different cars and tracks, same scenario......
Question: What HUD type and Dynhud overlay must be selected under settings menu?

Hi @kenken
I tested with Latest snapshot 220-1. It also crash in private test and Time Trial. In Private Test it crash as soon as the track is loaded, but in Time Trial it only crash when I hit the Drive button, if that will help!

I then tested snapshot 224 and it crashed the same way as above.
I finally tested with snapshot 227 and it crashed same way as above. Weird that it crash at different points between Test day and Time Trial.

I also tried different cars and tracks, same scenario......
Question: What HUD type and Dynhud overlay must be selected under settings menu?
First, put these files. http://www.mediafire.com/file/fid86xfgkwa8r4t/evoHUD-snapshot228.7z
Start debugview prior start AMS.
Goto test day or time trial.

Then copy all debugview log and attach them to your post.

@kenken I am doing a few customisations to the nut file.
  • Highlighting the leader board (those ahead in red, those behind in green, player in white)
  • Dynamic positioning of the dashboard element to prevent overlap of the in-game menu
  • optional mph or kmh
  • force full name in leaderboard
Some questions
  • What resolution did you design your layout in?
  • Would you be interested in including the improvements in your default nut or maybe you could supply both your default and my modified one in the download?
  • If the above is not what you want to do can I upload my nut file here as a separate download (only the nut file nothing else)?

Last edited:
@kenken I am doing a few customisations to the nut file.
  • Highlighting the leader board (those ahead in read, those behind in green, player in white)
  • Dynamic positioning of the dashboard element to prevent overlap of the in-game menu
  • optional mph or kmh
  • force full name in leaderboard
Some questions
  • What resolution did you design your layout in?
  • Would you be interested in including the improvements in your default nut or maybe you could supply both your default and my modified one in the download?
  • If the above is not what you want to do can I upload my nut file here as a separate download (only the nut file nothing else)?
The resolution is 1600x900 for default layout, I know it's not practical resolution but I think it's not important because everyone customizes anyway.

Which one is best for you? Either of them is acceptable. In any case, I can't say anything about release date of next version under this circumstances(CTD issue). So, if you want to release it asap, separated mod is preferable for you, I guess.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.