Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I found a small bug in 1.3, but I don't want to push out an update so soon, so here's a workaround:
If you want to use the new auto-clutch and auto-shifting, and you're using a controller, make sure to disable the keyboard throttle helper (so select any option except the last one for keyboard input).
Sadly the keyboard throttle helper interferes with the new systems and I didn't catch that in testing, but I'll fix it in the next update.
the newest update is not working for me, i open the app and it says aga is not enabled, i press enable nothing happens... i assume its because im on csp 180 218, could you please fix it for older versions of csp?

never mind, after deleting all older version of aga, and doing a fresh install it is working fine, thanks!

Last edited:
@adam10603 Man, what have you created here? Since a year I´ve waiting for such an awesome script which much much better works than the previous Versions here I tested. From the bottom of my heart I wanna say thank you for this script. As all the other gamepadFX scripts are felt like driving a soap car. I tested it yesterday with 2 different cars. One BMW from CekyPerformance and with a simple Alfa Romeo. Also my random weather settings gave me 2 times rain I didn´t slip over the track while trying steering. I wonder how well must it feel with dry underground.
Now please, can you tell me a little bit what your script differs from the others? It feels that the fact we can´t adjust every steering settings to mostly the worse helps to keep driving in game without slippering. The most spectaculare thing imo is when I break into a curve the car didn´t make fancy things like before. Really impressive, man! I had given up since months to drive in the game with a controller. As I don´t like wheel driving and was not intend to invest money into an minimum TS 300 thrustmaster wheel your script here do the trick for me. Any advices to fine tune the script to have the last 10% which feels imo to adjust it still a bit more?
What can I adjust with the ingame app of your mod? I did read it in your readme but I am fear I destroy the general amazing drive behaviour right from the start too much. And I am not a pro with those fine tuning settings like steering gamma and that stuff. :)

Last edited:
Thanks! I am absolutely loving this!

I made a small adjustment in a file that make the trigger vibrations work regardless if you have assets on or off. If you want it, it could be found here.

Hey, I have an Xbox series gamepad and I can't get it to work with or without your modification. How did you manage to make it work?

Hey, I have an Xbox series gamepad and I can't get it to work with or without your modification. How did you manage to make it work?
Are you using Steam input? If you right-click AC in Steam, go to Manage, Controller layout, you can turn off Steam input there. Vibrations only work if the game handles the controller directly. If you don't see the Controller layout option then it's probably already off though.

Last edited:
adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.3.1

• Fixed an issue that caused the automatic shifting to slightly damage the gearbox on each shift
  • Fixed an issue that caused the keyboard throttle helper to interfere with the automatic clutch feature
  • Fixed an issue that caused the automatic shifting to force the wrong gear when it's toggled on or off while the car is driving
  • Improved the automatic clutch logic
  • Improved the automatic shifting logic as well as its cruise mode feature
  • Included a partial fix in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@adam10603 Man, what have you created here? Since a year I´ve waiting for such an awesome script which much much better works than the previous Versions here I tested. From the bottom of my heart I wanna say thank you for this script. As all the other gamepadFX scripts are felt like driving a soap car. I tested it yesterday with 2 different cars. One BMW from CekyPerformance and with a simple Alfa Romeo. Also my random weather settings gave me 2 times rain I didn´t slip over the track while trying steering. I wonder how well must it feel with dry underground.
Now please, can you tell me a little bit what your script differs from the others? It feels that the fact we can´t adjust every steering settings to mostly the worse helps to keep driving in game without slippering. The most spectaculare thing imo is when I break into a curve the car didn´t make fancy things like before. Really impressive, man! I had given up since months to drive in the game with a controller. As I don´t like wheel driving and was not intend to invest money into an minimum TS 300 thrustmaster wheel your script here do the trick for me. Any advices to fine tune the script to have the last 10% which feels imo to adjust it still a bit more?
What can I adjust with the ingame app of your mod? I did read it in your readme but I am fear I destroy the general amazing drive behaviour right from the start too much. And I am not a pro with those fine tuning settings like steering gamma and that stuff. :)

There are presets since v1.2 and there are also a few factory presets to start out with. You can use those as a starting point, and just load the preset again if you think you messed up something.

Thanks! I am absolutely loving this!

I made a small adjustment in a file that make the trigger vibrations work regardless if you have assets on or off. If you want it, it could be found here.

That file won't work with v1.3.1 anymore, but I might include an option for this in the next update.

Are you using Steam input? If you right-click AC in Steam, go to Manage, Controller layout, you can turn off Steam input there. Vibrations only work if you have that turned off and let the game handle the controller directly. If you don't see the Controller layout option then it's probably already off though.

That was indeed the case, thanks!

10/10 script, btw. Makes the game not only playable with a controller but on par with Gran Turismo and Forza games in terms of making the game approachable to casual gamepad players like me.

Hi! Installed and have been over it a few times to make sure I've done it correctly.

Everything on, when in the lobby opening the menu. "Advanced Gamepad Assist is currently not Enabled" I click Enable. Enable goes away for about 3 seconds, then comes back and the same not currently enabled message is still up.

All files extracted properly, Active in CSP and AGA selected as the script.

Hi! Installed and have been over it a few times to make sure I've done it correctly.

Everything on, when in the lobby opening the menu. "Advanced Gamepad Assist is currently not Enabled" I click Enable. Enable goes away for about 3 seconds, then comes back and the same not currently enabled message is still up.

Not sure tbh, are you on CSP 0.2? Also the input type has to be gamepad in the CSP input settings.

I had the same problem when I tried to update to 1.3 by using the Content Manager. I fixed it by deleting the old version and installing the 1.3 version manually.

I had the same problem when I tried to update to 1.3 by using the Content Manager. I fixed it by deleting the old version and installing the 1.3 version manually.

You're not meant to update through content manager because that doesn't update all the files properly. That's why the instructions say to copy the files manually.

adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.3.2

• Fixed an issue that caused cars with older tire models (before v10) to not work correctly
  • Fixed an issue that caused the steering calibration to fail when spawning on a map where the car is falling for a while
  • Adjusted the automatic shifting logic to avoid potential wheel lockups or wheelspin during downshifts in certain cars
  • Added an option to allow Xbox trigger vibrations even when ABS or TCS are enabled
Sorry for updating things so quickly, but I had to include...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok I just re-released 1.3.2 because I discovered a problem with older tire models. Sorry about all the updates

Last edited:
whenever i try to enable the advanced gamepad assist, it'll either went back disabled by itself or just crashed, i dunno why

Are you on CSP 0.2? And did you copy in the files manually? Dropping the zip in content manager doesn't install it properly. I should probably add that to the main description.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm having a problem with the trigger feedback, it seems that it is not working... I'm using a Xbox Series controller and even when I pull the live graphs, the relative front slip doesn't even move even when hard breaking without ABS.

Is it perhaps an installation error?
1702748039604.png

Edit: Yes, I've confirmed that steam input is disabled and that the configuration of left and right trigger feedback is at 100% ... still no trigger feedback.

Edit: SOLUTION FOUND! I was using CSP preview version 1.80. I updated to version 2.0 and it started working =)

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 62 88.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 21 30.0%