Advanced Gamepad Assist

Misc Advanced Gamepad Assist 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi absolutely brilliant mod only one thing for me whenever i hold the handbrake or switch into the gear it stop the auto clutch from working is there any sort of fix for this?

As far as I've tested, this is a bug in AC itself (or maybe CSP), not related to Gamepad FX. It happens when you have a clutch keybind set, for some reason that prevents the auto clutch from working. I was considering including a custom auto clutch in my mod as a workaround, but I want to keep it focused on steering so I decided against it.

Last edited:
i wanna ask question why the preset doesn't work? idk if it apply or not but on the button it show like "load??" "save??" "delete??" like im so confused
HKu3G0H.gif

It should just work like this

Those are emojis. Maybe you're on Windows 7 or something?
im on windows 10, but yes the emojis appear as ??, and the buttons do not work, its not the biggest deal as that is the only broken part of the app is the presets, which i can live without, i already noted your settings from the gif you posted, and they feel amazing, thank you for this app sir

i am also receiving the ?? ? ? on the presets, cant click load save or delete, the icons you show here appear as ?

Ok I found out why, you're still on CSP 0.1.79. The current version is meant for CSP 0.2, so I can't guarantee anything on 0.1.79. I guess the rest of the mod still works on the older version, but the preset menu will be broken.

Last edited:
I decided to include extra features after all. I'll be adding an auto clutch, controller vibration, and better automatic shifting in the next update. They will be off by default, but a lot of people have asked for them so I'll be adding them soon.

Last edited:
Ok I found out why, you're still on CSP 0.1.79. The current version is meant for CSP 0.2, so I can't guarantee anything on 0.1.79. I guess the rest of the mod still works on the older version, but the preset menu will be broken.
ah okay that makes sense, you are correct at the time of posting i was on 179, as far as the new features go that you mentioned, will automatic shifter be meant for semiauto vehicles only or will it work well in manuals as well? same thing with autoclutch? thank you again for your hard work

ah okay that makes sense, you are correct at the time of posting i was on 179, as far as the new features go that you mentioned, will automatic shifter be meant for semiauto vehicles only or will it work well in manuals as well? same thing with autoclutch? thank you again for your hard work

It's all input-related so the shifting will work on anything that has upshift and downshift controls, and the clutch will work on anything that has a clutch control.

Last edited:
adam10603 updated Advanced Gamepad Assist with a new update entry:

v1.3

• Added an automatic shifting feature that uses a more advanced algorithm to change gears compared to AC's own assist
  • Added an automatic clutch feature that controls the clutch on vehicles that allow for it
  • Added trigger vibrations for compatible Xbox controllers
  • Added a settings menu (the gear icon ⚙️ at the top of the UI app) where all the features mentioned above can be accessed
  • Moved some less frequently used options from the main UI app to the new settings menu...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I hope it's clear from the descriptions, but to use the new automatic shifting and auto-clutch, you should turn OFF the built-in equivalents. To try both, set the assists in AC like this:

Untitled.png

Although I think only the "Automatic shifting" option is necessary to turn off, but it's best to just turn them all off when using the versions provided in my mod.

Also, the new automatic shifting I added includes its own rev matching, so there's no need for the "Autoblip" option either.

I found a small bug in 1.3, but I don't want to push out an update so soon, so here's a workaround:
If you want to use the new auto-clutch and auto-shifting, and you're using a controller, make sure to disable the keyboard throttle helper (so select any option except the last one for keyboard input).
Sadly the keyboard throttle helper interferes with the new systems and I didn't catch that in testing, but I'll fix it in the next update.

Edit: fixed in 1.3.1

Last edited:
Incredible! The trigger vibrations actually works!!! the only other game that uses this features that I know of is Forza Motorsports 7 on PC :).

Thanks! I am absolutely loving this!

I made a small adjustment in a file that make the trigger vibrations work regardless if you have assets on or off. If you want it, it could be found here.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 403 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 255 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 273 46.9%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 161 27.7%
Back